Daily Most important English Grammar Rule
If you just started learning English, you first need to know some basic rules of the language. Developing a solid foundation in English grammar will not only help you create your own sentences correctly but will also make it easier to improve your English language section. Here we are providing Daily top basic Grammar Rules of English Language to crack any competitive exams.
1. On, in, at, are not used before today, tomorrow, yesterday, the following day, the
next day etc.
Incorrect- He will go there on to-morrow.
Correct- He will go there tomorrow.
2. No Preposition is used before the word home. At home is a phrase which bears a different meaning.
Incorrect- Bring a T.V. set at home.
Correct- Bring a T.V. set home.
3. After Transitive Verbs, like dis¬cuss, describe, reach, order, tell, demand, attack, resemble, ridicule, etc. we directly use the object and no Preposition is used after the Verb.
Incorrect- The poet describes about the beauty
of nature in this poem.
Correct- The poet describes the beauty of
nature in this poem.
talk/listen/write is followed by to-Preposition if there is a person in the form of object.
1. Incorrect- He did not reply me.
Correct- He did not reply to me. 2. Incorrect-
He did not write to a letter.
Correct- He did not write a letter.
5. When a Pronoun is used as the complement of the Verb ‘to be’, it should be in the
Incorrect- If I were him, I would not do it.
Correct- If I were he, I would not do it.