If you just started learning English, you first need to know some basic rules of the language. Developing a solid foundation in English grammar will not only help you create your own sentences correctly but will also make it easier to improve your English language section. Here we are providing Daily top basic Grammar Rules of English Language to crack any competitive exams.
1. Conjunction than is also fol¬lowed by Bare Infinitive.
Incorrect- He had better read than to write.
Correct-He had better read than write.
2. When but is used as a Preposition and preceded by any form of the Verb do, then but is followed with Bare Infinitive.
Incorrect– He did nothing but to wander.
Correct– He did nothing but wander.
3. Every Participile must have a Subject of Reference.
Incorrect– Being a rainy day Vijay decided to
stay at home.
Correct– It being a rainy day Vijay decided to
stay at home.
4. For completed action Having + Va is used in Active Voice, whereas Having + been + Va or Being + Va is used in Passive Voice. After should not be used in such a sentence.
Incorrect– After the leader having been killed,
the followers ran away.
Correct– The leader having been killed, the
followers ran away.
5. Participles like considering, judging, referring, concerning, regarding, viewing,
broadly speaking etc. do not take any Subject of Reference.
Ambitious Baba is the #1 platform for Free Study Materials , Video Courses, Live Class and Online Mock Test which provides best user interface with actual exam panel and with the best , Latest and Accurate content for IBPS, SBI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, JAIIB Mock Test, CAIIB Mock Test, Para 13.2 Mock Test, GIPSA, Licentiate, Fellowship, Associates and Other Government and Promotional Exams.