FCI Manager 2020 Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The Food Corporation of India is an organization created and run by the Government of India. It is a statutory body under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Government of India. Its recruits candidates in its Depots and Offices that are spread all over the Country,
We are providing here all the details about the FCI Manager 2020 exam pattern and syllabus. Manager included (General/ Accounts/ Technical/ Depot) and many more. In this article, we will deal with the FCI Manager 2020 exam pattern and syllabus step by step. We will make sure that you have not left with any doubts regarding FCI Manager 2020 exam pattern and syllabus.
♦FCI Manager 2020 Exam Pattern:
FCI Manager 2020 Exam will be conducted in four phases. There is separate sectional timing for each sections in exam. The written exam is conducted online, followed by an interview round. The structure of exams is as follows:
- Phase 1
- Phase 2
Stage-1: FCI Manager Phase 1 Exam:
This test has 100 questions that have to be answered in A hours.The paper is divided into 3 sections – Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language .The section-wise distribution of the marks to each section is given below:
|Subject||No. of Qs.||Max. Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Numerical Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
Stage-2: FCI Manager Phase 2 Exam:
|Number of Papers||Post code||Post|
|One Paper Exam||Paper I only||A||Manager (General)|
|Two Paper Exam||Paper I and Paper II||D||Manager (Accounts)|
|F||Manager (Civil Engineering)|
|G||Manager (Electrical Mechanical Engineering)|
|Paper III and Paper IV||H||Manager (Hindi)|
- Candidates applying for post having code D, E, F and G will appear in Paper-I to be followed by Paper-II. The Online Test for Paper – I & Paper – II shall be held in single sitting.
- Paper-I is common for post code A, B, C, D, E, F, and G.
- Online Test for Paper – I & Paper – II and Paper – III & Paper IV shall be held in single sitting.
|Paper Type||No. of Questions / Marks||Time|
|Paper I||120 Questions/ 120 Marks||90 Minutes|
|Paper 2||60 Questions/ 120 Marks||60 Minutes|
|Paper 3||120 Questions/ 120 Marks||90 Minutes|
|Paper 4||i) 1 Passage for translation from Hindi to English (30 Marks)
ii) 1 Passage for translation from English to Hindi (30 Marks)
iii) 1 essay in Hindi (30 Marks)
iv) 1 Precis Writing in English (30 Marks).
- There will be no negative marking in Phase-II of FCI Manager Examination.
Stage-3: FCI Manager Phase 3 (Interview) :
FCI conducts interview After written test . Reservation is as per govt of india direction. Every aspirant has to appear in written test and qualify are called for interview and GD. Both are conducted same day. GD is conducted by the specialised people and interview is conducted by senior officers who are assisted by specialized persons
♦FCI Manager 2020 Exam Syllabus:
Phase I exams:
The syllabus for FCI Manager 2020 exam has 3 sections to be prepared – Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude,English Language .Here’s the detailed FCI Manager 2020 syllabus for the phase I exams:
|English Language||Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning Ability|
|Homonyms||Ratio and proportion||Classification|
|Spelling||Mixture and allegation||Statement and conclusions|
|Sentence correction||Time and work||Syllogism|
|Idioms and phrases||Speed, distance and time||Statement and assumptions|
|Fill the suitable words||Stocks and shares||Statement and arguments|
|Spotting errors||Height and Distances||Blood relations|
|Word formation||Volume and surface Area||Passage and conclusions|
|Active/ passive voice||Clocks||Alphabet test|
|Phrases and idioms||Logarithms||Series test|
|Direct and indirect speech||Permutation and combinations||Number, ranking and time sequence|
|Reading Comprehension||Simple and compound interest||Direction sense test|
|Passage completion||Equations||Decision-making test|
|Theme detection||Probability||Figure series|
|Rearrangement of passage||Profit, loss and discount||Assertion and reasoning|
|Elements of algebra||Odd figure out|
Phase II exams: (Department wise)
I. FCI Manager (Accounts) (Post Code-D): This post has categories for specialised persons from Accounting, Finance, Taxes, Auditing and who has basic knowledge of Computers.
- Basic Accounting concept including preparation of books of accounts and Accounting Standards.
- Financial Management: (a) Analysis of Financial statement (b) Budgeting & Budgetary control (c) Working Capital management (d) Capital Budgeting & Ratio Analysis.
- Taxation: (a) Income Tax including filing of return, TDS, Advance Tax etc. (b) Goods & Services Tax.
- Auditing: (a) Auditing Concepts and Methods (b) Internal & External Audit of Companies.
- Commercial Laws: (a) Contract Act (b) Companies Act (c) Sales of Goods Act (d) Negotiable Instrument Act (e) Consumer Protection Act (f) RTI Act.
- Basic of Computers: (a) Operating System (b) Browsers (c) Email (d) Memory (Internal, External, portable) (e) Chats (f) Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) (g) Networks.
II. FCI Manager (Technical) (Post Code-E):
Paper 2 for the post of Manager(Technical) comprise of 60 Multiple Choice Questions on Agriculture, Food Science and Technology, Agricultural Engineering & Bio-Technology
- Agricultural- Statistics of Indian Agriculture (Cereals & Pulses), Food & Agriculture Microbiology, Nutrition (Animal & Plant), Postharvest care of Cereals & Pulses, Food grain Protection, Agriculture Extension.
2. Biotechnology- Microbes: Beneficial & Harmful, Genetic Engineering, Biotechnological Principles, Economic Biotechnology, Pathogens & Control, Recent trends.
3. Entomology- Basic Entomology, Economic Entomology, Beneficial and harmful insects, integrated Post Management (IPM), Storage Grain Insect pest, Vertebrate Pests.
4. Chemistry- Physical Chemistry: Structure of Atoms, Chemical Bonding, Radioactivity; Inorganic Chemistry, Periodic Table, Basics Metals & Non-metals, Organic Chemistry, Basics of alkanes, alkenes, alkynes, alcohols, aldehydes and acids, Biochemistry (Carbohydrates, Proteins & Fats).
5. PFA Act, 1964,Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006/Food Safety and Standards Regulations 2011, Right to Information Act, 2005.
III. FCI Manager Syllabus (Civil Engineering) (Post Code-F): This post has categories for specialised persons from Engineering, constructions, building, Surveying, Soil Engineering, Design
- Engineering Materials & Construction Technology: Selection of site for the construction, Planning and orientation of buildings, Ventilation and air conditioning, acoustics. Building and highway materials, Stones, Bricks timber, Lime, Cement Mortar, Plain and reinforced Cement Concrete, Bitumen, Asphalt.
2. Building Materials: Stone, Lime, Glass, Plastics, Steel, FRP, Ceramics, Aluminium, Fly Ash, Basic Admixtures, Timber, Bricks and Aggregates Classification, properties and selection criteria, Cement etc.
3. Construction Practice, Planning and Management: Construction Planning, Equipment, site investigation, Tendering Process and Contract Management, Quality Control, Productivity, Operation Cost; Land acquisition, Labor safety and welfare.
4. Surveying: Surveying, Leveling, temporary and permanent adjustments of levels and
Theodolite, Use of theodolite, tachometry. Trigonometrically and Triangulation survey. Contours and contouring, Computations of areas and volumes.
5. Soil/Geotechnical Engineering: Classification of soil, Field identification tests, water content, specific gravity, voids ratio, porosity, Soil permeability and its determination in the laboratory and field, Darcy’s law, Flow nets its Characteristics. Local and general shear failures, design Criteria for shallow foundation, Plate load test, Stability of simple slopes.
6. Highway and bridges: Classification of road land width, Flexible pavements, WBM courses, sub base, sand bitumen base curse, crushed cement concrete base / sub-base course. Prime and tack coats, surface dressing, Asphaltic concrete, seal coats etc.
7. Structural Analysis: Strength of materials, Bending moments and shear force, Analysis of determinate and indeterminate structure, Suspended Cables, Concepts and use of Computer Aided Design.
8. Design of steel structures: Principles of working stress methods, Design of tension and compression members, Design of beams and beam column connections, built-up sections, Girders, Industrial roofs, Principles of Ultimate load design.
9. Design of Concrete and Masonry Structures: Limit state design for bending, shear, axial compression and combined forces; Design of beams, Slabs, Lintels, Foundations, Retaining walls, Tanks, Staircases.
10. Estimating, Costing and Valuation: estimate, analysis of rates, earthwork, Brick , RCC work shuttering, Painting, Flooring, Plastering flexible pavements, Tube well, isolates and combined footings, Steel Truss, Piles etc. Valuation- Value and cost, scrap value, salvage value, assessed value, sinking fund, depreciation and obsolescence, methods of valuation.
IV. FCI Manager syllabus (Electrical Mechanical Engineering) (Post Code-G):
- Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer,
- Refrigeration and Air-conditioning,
- Theory of Machines, Machine Design,
- Strength of Materials, Engineering Materials,
- Production Engineering, Industrial Engineering,
- Production Planning and Control Material handling,
- Electrical Circuits, Network theorems, EM Theory, Electrostatics,
- Material Science (Electric Materials), Electrical Measurements,
- Elements of Computation
- Power Apparatus and Systems (Power System: Power generation; Thermal, Hydro, Nuclear & Solar power production and Transmissions),
- Electro mechanics, Control Systems, Electronics and Communications, Estimation and costing,
- Use of computers.
V. FCI Manager syllabus (Hindi) (Post Code-H):
Paper 3 (Duration-90 minutes) (120 Marks) -:
120 Multiple Choice Questions on General Hindi, General English, General Awareness, General Intelligence, Computer Awareness, Management and Current Affairs for candidates applying for the Post Code H Manager (Hindi).
Paper 4 (Duration-90 minutes) (120 Marks) (Subjective Test) -:
i. 01 Passage for translation from Hindi to English (30 Marks)
ii. 01 Passage for translation from English to Hindi (30 Marks)
iii. 01 essay in Hindi (30 Marks)
iv. 01 Precis Writing in English (30 Marks).
For appearing in Paper-IV Manager (Hindi) candidate should be able to use the following keyboard layouts:
2. Remington (GAIL)
- FCI Manager Salary, Job profile and Career growth
- FCI Manager Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- FCI Manager Cut Off – Previous Years
Telegram Group: Join
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2020E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|