IDBI Assistant Manager Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2019
IDBI Bank (51% shares held by Life Insurance Corporation of India) invites online applications from eligible Indian citizens for the post of Assistant Manager. Candidates fulfilling required eligibility criteria may apply On-line through the link given in Bank’s website. Recruitments in IDBI Bank are strictly on all India basis by open competition and the Bank has not hired or authorized any agency or organization or any individual to recommend or recruit any personnel on its behalf or collect any money or commission or charges for recruitment or training or coaching, etc.
IDBI Bank Assistant Manager Exam Pattern 2019
There are 4 sections in the examination which are Logical Reasoning, Interpretation & Data Analysis, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language and General/Banking Awareness/Economy. The total duration of the exam is 120 minutes, and there is no sectional time limit.
The selection process will comprise of Online Test followed by personal interview of the candidates, who have qualified in the online test. The online test will be objective in nature. The details of the same are furnished hereunder.
- The applicants will be called for the Online Test based on the information provided by them in the online application form, subject to scrutiny at a later date.
- Penalty for Wrong Answers – For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate; there will be no penalty for that question.
- The applicants, who are successful in the On-line test, would be called for a personal interview. While the number of candidates to be called for interview will be at the discretion of IDBI Bank, adequate number of candidates in each category, as decided by the Bank, will be called for Interview. During interview candidates will have the option to answer the questions in Hindi or English. Applicants qualifying the personal interview shall be considered for final shortlisting.
- The final selection or offer of employment would be made based on applicant’s marks in the interview, Online test, being found medically fit and subject to fulfillment of all other eligibility criteria with regard to age and qualification as stipulated in the advertisement. Reference for medical test does not imply final selection, which may please be noted.
Important: Bank would be analyzing the responses (answers) of individual candidates with other candidates to detect patterns of similarity of right and wrong answers. If in the analytical procedure adopted by Bank in this regard, it is inferred/ concluded that the responses have been shared and scores obtained are not genuine/ valid, Bank reserves right to cancel the candidature of the concerned candidates without any notice and the result of such candidates (disqualified) will be withheld. No representation in this regard shall be entertained.
a. Reservations for the SC, the ST and OBC candidates would be extended as per rules or guidelines of the Government of India. Applicable reservation percentage is 15% for SC category, 7.5% for ST category and 27% for OBC category.
b. Reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) 10%: Persons who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs and OBCs and whose family has gross annual income below Rs.8.00 Lakhs (Rupees Eight Lakhs Only) are to be identified as EWSs for benefit of reservation. Income shall also include income from all sources i.e. salary, agriculture, business, profession etc. for the financial year prior to the year of application.
Also persons whose family owns or possesses any of the following assets shall be excluded from being identified as EWS, irrespective of the family income:-
i. 5 acres of agricultural land and above;
ii. Residential flat of 1000 sq. ft and above;
iii. Residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities;
iv. Residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities.
These guidelines are subject to change in terms of GOI guidelines/ clarifications, if any, from time to time.
Cut-off date: March 1, 2019
Before submitting the online application form, the applicants must ensure that 13 they fulfill all the eligibility criteria with respect to age, educational qualifications, etc. as stated in this advertisement. If the applicants are not eligible, their candidature will be cancelled at any stage of the recruitment. If the applicant qualifies in the selection process and subsequently it is found that he or she does not fulfil the eligibility criteria, his or her candidature will be cancelled and if appointed, services would be terminated without any notice or compensation.
Logical Reasoning, Interpretation & Data Analysis
- Interpretation & Data Analysis (Decision Making Questions)
- Seating Arrangement(people facing in same direction/opposite direction)
- Input – Output
- Data Sufficiency(2/3 statements)
- Logical Reasoning(Effect & Cause, Statement & Argument etc)
- Miscellaneous – Direction based problems, Blood Relations, order and ranking, alphanumeric series, etc.
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Improvement/ Correction
- Para Jumbles
- Cloze Test
- Sentence Formation
- Spotting Errors
- Match the column( sentences in column 1 have to be matched with those in column 2 to form a meaningful sentence)
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Double Fillers
- Phrase Replacement
- Sentence Connector
- Quadratic Equations
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation
- Comparison between quantities
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Simplification / Approximation
- Arithematic Topics ( Average, Profit & Loss, Simple and Compound Interest, Time & Work, Time & Distance, Partnership, Ratio & Proportion, Problem on Ages, Probability, etc.
- Current Affairs of at least past 6 months
- Static G.K.(Names of Dams, National Parks, Wildlife Sanctuaries,etc.)
- Latest Appointments, Obituaries, Award functions, etc.
- News related to Insurance Sector
- Static gk of LIC and IDBI