SBI PO Prelims English Language Quiz
Almost all major competitive exams in the country have a section on English Language, and it is also one of the most scoring sections. Candidates can ace this section in exams if they practice regularly in a dedicated manner. So here we are providing you with the SBI PO Prelims English Language Quiz to help you prepare better. This SBI PO Prelims English Language Quiz includes all of the most recent pattern-based questions, as well as Previous Year Questions. This SBI PO Prelims English Language Quiz is totally FREE. Candidates will be provided with a detailed explanation of each question in this SBI PO Prelims English Language Quiz. Candidates must practice this SBI PO Prelims English Language Quiz to achieve a good score in the English Language Section.
Directions (1-5): In the following passage various blanks are given, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, four options are given. Find the word which fits the blank most appropriately. If none of the four options fits the blank mark ‘None of these’ as your answer.
The climate crisis is damaging the ability of the land to sustain humanity, with cascading risks becoming increasingly severe as global temperatures rise, according to a landmark UN report _____________ (1) _____________ by some of the world’s top scientists.
Global heating is increasing droughts, soil erosion and wildfires while diminishing crop yields in the tropics and thawing permafrost near the poles, says the report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Further heating will lead to __________ (2) _____________ climate conditions at lower latitudes, with potential growth in hunger, migration and conflict and increased damage to the great northern forests.
The report, approved by the world’s governments, makes clear that humanity faces a stark choice between a vicious or virtuous circle. Continued destruction of forests and huge emissions from cattle and other intensive farming practices will intensify the climate crisis, making the impacts on land still worse. However, action now to allow soils and forests to regenerate and store carbon, and to cut meat consumption by people and food waste, could play a big role in tackling the climate _____________ (3) _____________, the report says.
Such moves would also improve human health, reduce poverty and _____________ (4) _____________ the huge losses of wildlife across the globe, the IPCC says. Burning of fossil fuels should end as well to avoid “irreversible loss in land ecosystem services required for food, health and habitable settlements”, the report says.
“This is a perfect storm,” said Dave Reay, a professor at the University of Edinburgh who was an expert reviewer for the IPCC report. “Limited land, an expanding human population, and all wrapped in a _____________ (5) _____________ blanket of climate emergency. Earth has never felt smaller, its natural ecosystems never under such direct threat.”
- (a) write
- (a) evitable
(e) None of these
- (a) consistencies
(e) None of these
- (a) fights
- (a) enveloping
Directions (6-10): Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
- This is partly linked to drop in payment rates, as consumers are struggling to pay their bills amid rising consumption and tight finances.
- Embracing energy efficiency can be a win-win solution as this can bring down household energy bills and reduce discoms’ financial stress
- The Indian government has sanctioned liquidity relief to help discoms tide over this crisis, but these are just short-term fixes.
- The rules lay down uniform performance standards for power distribution companies (discoms) and make them liable to compensate consumers in case of violations.
- The well-intentioned rules come at a time when Indian discoms are struggling to manage their finances.
- The Power Minister, R.K. Singh, recently announced the Electricity (Rights of Consumers) Rules, 2020.
- What should be the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement?
- What should be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement?
- What should be the LAST sentence after rearrangement?
- What should be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
- What should be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|