Speed Time & Distance for RRB PO & RRB CLERK: Quiz – 7
Speed Time and Distance is probably the most often asked Quantitative Aptitude question in various competitive exams. Generally, 1-2 Time Speed and Distance Questions are asked in most of the competitive exams. So, here we bring to you Time Speed and Distance Quiz to help you prepare well and cope with the intense competition. This Time and Distance Quiz contains a detailed explanation of each question. This Time and Distance Quiz contains the latest and updated questions, so ensure that and endeavor Time and Distance Quiz as much as needed to check your preparation level.
1. A train-A passes a stationary train B and a pole in 18 sec and 6 sec respectively. If the speed of train A is 54 kmph what will be the length of train B?
(a) 190 m
(b) 160 m
(c) 180 m
(d) 210 m
(e) None of these
2. Train A, travelling at 84 kmph, overtook train B, traveling in the same direction, in 10 seconds. If train B had been traveling at twice its speed, then train A would have taken 22.5 seconds to overtake it. Find the length of train B, given that it is half the length of train A.
(a) 50 m
(b) 100 m
(c) 200 m
(d) 150 m
3. A student rides on a bicycle at 8 km/h and reaches his school 2.5 minutes late. The next day he increases his speed to 10 km/h and reaches the school 5 minutes early. How far is the school from his house?
(a) 1.25 km
(b) 8 km
(c) 5 km
(d) 10 km
(e) 12 km
4. A person sets to cover a distance of 12 km in 45 min. If he covers 3/4 of the distance in 2/3 rd time. What should be his speed to cover the remaining distance in the remaining time?
(a) 16 km/hr
(b) 18 km/h
(c) 12 km/h
(d) 14 km/h
(e) 15 km/h
5. A car driver leaves Bangalore at 8.30 A.M. and expects to reach at place 300 km from Bangalore at 12.30 P.M. At 10.30 he finds that he has covered only 40% of the distance. By how much he has to increase the speed of the car in order to keep up his schedule?
(a) 45 km/hr
(b) 40 km/hr
(c) 35 km/hr
(d) 30 km/hr
(e) 28 km/hr
6. A car travels from P to Q at a constant speed. If its speed were increased by 10 km/h, it would have been taken one hour lesser to cover the distance. It would have taken further 45 minutes lesser if the speed was further increased by 10 km/h. The distance between the two cities is
(a) 540 km
(b) 420 km
(c) 600 km
(d) 620 km
(e) 500 km
7. Two trains A and B running at the speed of 108km/hr and 162km/hr crossed another train ‘P’, which is standing stationary of length 240 meters in 14 sec and 16 sec respectively. How much time both train A and B will take to cross each other, if both running in opposite direction?
(a) 8.4 sec
(b) 8.6 sec
(c) 8.8 sec
(d) 9 sec
(e) 8.2 sec
8. Running at 5/6 of its usual speed a train takes 1 hour 24 minutes more time to cover 1134km than time taken by train running at its usual speed to cover same distance. Find in how much time train can cover 1224 km running at 8/9 of its usual speed?
9. A train M running at the speed of 108 km/hr crosses a man running at 12 km/hr in opposite direction of train in 12 second and crosses a platform in 32 sec. If a train N is Standing on same platform and length of platform is 140 meters more than length of train N. Find in what time train N will cross train M running in same direction, if train N passes a pole in 12 second?
(a) 168 sec
(b) 164 sec
(c) 154 sec
(d) 186 sec
(e) 172 sec
10. Total distance between Delhi to Lucknow is 480 km. A train starts running with an average speed of 60 km/hr from Delhi to Lucknow while another train starts Journey after 120 minutes of first train and reaches Lucknow 30 minutes before first train. If first train stops for 5 minutes on each station and second train did not stop at any station ,then find the ratio between speed of first train to speed of second train given that total number of station between Delhi and Lucknow are nine.?
(a) 25 : 33
(b) 25 : 32
(c) 35 : 25
(d) 25 : 31
(e) 21 : 31
Recommended PDF’s for :
- Computer Capsule : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Reasoning Topic-Wise PDF||Get PDF Here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|