SSC MTS Salary, Job Profile and Career Growth
SSC released notification for vacancies in various multitasking posts viz. Multi-Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff, Group “C” Non-Gazetted and Non-Ministerial post in 2019.
SSC MTS Salary Structure
Usually, SSC MTS salary is calculated as Gross Salary & Cash in Hand. After the application of the 7th pay commission, the income of every government job got increased by almost 20%. Read the table carefully to know in detail about the SSC MTS Work Profile, Salary, Pay Scale:
|Basic Pay||Rs 1800||Rs 18,000||Rs 18,000||Rs 18,000|
|DA||Rs 1800||Rs 0||Rs 0||Rs 0|
|HRA||Rs 1800||Rs 4,320||Rs 2,880||Rs 1,440|
|TA||Rs 1800||Rs 1,350||Rs 900||Rs 900|
|DA on TA||Rs 1800||Rs 0||Rs 0||Rs 0|
|Gross Salary||Rs 1800||Rs 23,670||Rs 21,780||Rs 20,340|
|NPS||Rs 1800||Rs 1,800||Rs 1,800||Rs 1,800|
|CGHS||Rs 1800||Rs 125||Rs 125||Rs 125|
|CGEGIS||Rs 1800||Rs 1,500||Rs 1,500||Rs 1,500|
|Rs 1800||Rs 3,425||Rs 3,425||Rs 3,425|
|In Hand Salary||₹ 20,245||₹ 18,355||₹ 16,915|
Multi Tasking Staff is a general central service group ‘C’ non-gazetted, a non-ministerial post which falls under Payband-1 (Rs.5200 – 20200) + Grade Pay Rs.1800. However, the take-home salary of MTS ranges between Rs.18,000 – 22,000 /month (approx). The salary could vary slightly based on location, allowances etc.
SSC MTS Salary (After 7th Pay Commission)
|SSC MTS Posts||Grade Pay||MTS (GP 1800)||MTS (GP 1800)||MTS (GP 1800)|
|Basic Pay||RS 1800||RS 18000||RS 18000||RS 18000|
|DA||RS 1800||RS 0||RS 0||RS 0|
|HRA||RS 1800||RS 4320||RS 2880||RS 1440|
|TA||RS 1800||RS 1350||RS 900||RS 900|
|DA on TA||RS 1800||RS 0||RS 0||RS 0|
|Gross Salary||RS 1800||RS 23670||RS 21780||RS 20340|
|NPS||RS 1800||RS 1800||RS 1800||RS 1800|
|CGHS||RS 1800||RS 125||RS 125||RS 125|
|CGEGIS||RS 1800||RS 1500||RS 1500||RS 1500|
|Total Deduction||RS 1800||RS 3425||RS 3425||RS 3425|
|In Hand Salary||₹ 1800||₹ 20245||₹ 18355||₹ 16915|
The Salary of SSC MTS Jobs basically depends on the cities where employees are employed. As there are three Categories of City present in the salary Chart of the SSC Salary, Which are
- X Cities
- Y Cities
- z Cities
Major Deduction in SSC MTS Salary of All SSC Jobs
- GPF (NPS): General Provident Fund – New Pension Scheme
- CGEGIS: Central Government Employees General Insurance Scheme
- CGHS: Central Government Health Scheme
Effects of Increment in SSC MTS Salary after 7th Pay commission
- Employees who are working in SSC will have huge benefit after 7th Pay Commission
- Salary always plays a major role in the attraction of the aspirants who are willing to prepare for the SSC Exams.
- SSC employees who work in X cities will get a good amount of in-hand salary just because of 7th pay commission in SSC Salary.
- There will be a major hike in SSC Salary after 8th Pay commission.
According to the Rule 5(2) of Central Civil Accounts Service (Lower Division Clerk, Group ‘C’ post) Recruitment Rules 2010, 5 % of the vacancies in the grade of LDCs are to be filled by promotion on seniority basis through common “Range of Seniority” from amongst Group ‘C’ staff (Multi-Tasking Staff) who have three years regular service in post with the Grade Pay of Rs. 1800.
|Rs. 1900/- After 3 year of Service|
|Rs. 2000/- After 3year of service|
Rs. 2400/- After 5 year of service
So on upto Rs. 5400/-
SSC MTS Job Profile
The job of SSC Multitasking staff is challenging and needs hard work. Some main points about the SSC MTS job profile and career prospects are given below.
Designation – Peon, Dafatry, Jamadar, Farash, Chowkidar, Safaiwala, Mali, Junior Gestetner Operator etc.
Nature of Job – The Following responsibilities & duties come under the SSC MTS Jobs:
SSC MTS Career Growth
There are two types of increments provided under Pay Band-I scheme, i.e.
- Annual increments
- Promotional increments
1. Annual Increments
- Annual increments are to be paid at the rate of 3% of the total pay in the Pay Band and the corresponding Grade Pay.
2. Promotional Increments
- Departmental exams are conducted in order to promote employees in government offices of various ministries.
- At the time of promotion, the grade pay attached to the posts at different levels within the same running pay band changes.