Table of Contents
The Hindu Editorial Analysis
The Importance of Reading The Hindu Editorial: Reading The Hindu newspaper has several benefits, including improving reading skills, facilitating comprehension, staying informed of current events, enhancing essay writing, and more. For individuals aiming for a career in banking, reading editorials is crucial for vocabulary building. In this article, we will examine today’s editorials, provide practice questions, and highlight important vocabulary words.
- The incidences of recurring food price shocks pose a risk to the anchoring of inflation expectations, which has been underway since September 2022 and of which the central bank will remain watchful, RBI governor Shaktikanta Das said on Tuesday.
- “The role of continued and timely supply-side interventions, as being undertaken by the government, assumes criticality in limiting the severity and duration of such food price shocks.
- In these circumstances, it is necessary to be watchful of any risk to price stability and act timely and appropriately.
- We remain firmly focused on aligning inflation to the target of 4%,” Das said at the Delhi School of Economics (DSE).
- A sharp increase in vegetable prices and supply- side shocks pushed retail inflation to a 15-month high of 7.4% in July, triggering fresh worries about price pressures.
- Das said experience in recent years has shown that supply shocks have become more frequent, with profound implications for inflation management and the anchoring of inflation expectations.
- “A key risk of sustained high inflation is that it can anchor inflation expectations.
- It is, therefore, important to remain vigilant and take necessary steps in a calibrated and timely manner to keep expectations firmly anchored,” said Das.
- He said RBI has been quick and calibrated while navigating through such turbulence.
- “We look through fleeting shocks but remain prepared to undertake policy responses if such shocks show signs of persistence and getting generalized.
- In such a scenario, monetary policy has to focus on containing the second-round effects,” said Das.
- “Now, managing expectations through effective communication is a vital instrument in the monetary policy toolkit.
- In the case of RBI, effective forward guidance during the easing cycle reinforced the impact of our conventional and non-conventional measures during the pandemic,” added Das.
- A sharp increase in vegetable prices and supply- side shocks pushed retail inflation to a 15-month high of 7.4%.Explain
- “A key risk of sustained high inflation is that it can anchored inflation expectations.Discuss
- Paved– cover
- Taming– to bring something wild under your control; to make something tame
- symptomatic– showing symptoms, or it may concern a specific symptom
- Spatial– connected with the size or position and area of something
- Soaring– to fly high in the air
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|