Table of Contents
The Hindu Editorial Analysis
The Importance of Reading The Hindu Editorial: Reading The Hindu newspaper has several benefits, including improving reading skills, facilitating comprehension, staying informed of current events, enhancing essay writing, and more. For individuals aiming for a career in banking, reading editorials is crucial for vocabulary building. In this article, we will examine today’s editorials, provide practice questions, and highlight important vocabulary words.
Movers and shakers.
- In the past year, Egypt and Greece, an OECD member, quietly established a bilateral agreement, reflecting a growing trend in migration.
- Greece permitted the seasonal migration of Egyptian farm workers to address a labor shortage. Several other OECD members have followed suit to cope with tight labor markets, resulting in a historically high number of new permanent-type migrants to OECD countries in 2022.
- India, surpassing China in 2020, became the primary source of migrants to the OECD, with 6.1 million permanent-type migrants in 2022, marking a 26% increase. On average, 80% of these migrants were economically active.
- In today’s global migration phase, India stands as the foremost source of legal economic migration. Moreover, India has been the leading country of origin for new citizens in the OECD since 2019.
- The majority of migration from India is directed toward English-speaking countries. India’s contribution of approximately 7.5% to global migrant inflows is advantageous in multiple ways.
- Firstly, it boosts the Indian economy as the world’s largest recipient of remittances, which amounted to $111 billion in 2022, equivalent to about 3.3% of GDP.
- Additionally, there are positive spill-over effects arising from the evolving nature of Indian migration.
- According to the World Bank, nearly 36% of India’s remittances originate from highly skilled migrants in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Singapore, particularly in the tech industry.
- This creates a bridge between India and the world, facilitating investment and the transfer of skills through collaborations.
- The human connection between India and the OECD, representing the developed world, is an underestimated source of economic and intellectual dynamism.
- Migration to developed nations is primarily driven by the pursuit of better opportunities. In the long run, India should pay greater attention to three critical aspects: education, employment, and the quality of life.
- As India’s recent migration patterns demonstrate, the world constantly seeks top-tier human capital.
- Beyond a limited number of elite educational institutions, the country faces a shortage of high-quality education.
- Enhanced human capital leads to better employment prospects, which can ultimately result in an improved quality of life.
- Addressing these three areas makes the goal of achieving developed country status by 2047 a realistic possibility.
- How is the connection between India and the OECD, representing the developed world?
- The majority of migration from India is directed toward English-speaking countries.Discuss
- Furloughed– suspend or discharge from a job,
- Intractable– hard to control
- Wiggle– cause to move up and down
- Breach– an act of breaking or failing to observe a law, agreement
- Stemming– originate in or be caused by.
- Deleterious– causing harm or damage.
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|