The Hindu Editorials Analysis
We all are aware of the importance of reading The Hindu newspaper with the aspect of improving reading ability, easily comprehending paragraphs, getting updated with the current events, improving essay writing and many more. For a banking aspirant it becomes necessary to read editorials for vocabulary. In this article we are going to discuss the points of today’s editorials with practice questions and important vocabs.
Crux of the pledges from Red Fort
This article was originally written by Sam Pitroda and published in today’s newspaper. Let’s start with analysis.
- The inclusive development of a country not only depends on the incentives and policies of the responsible government but also depends on the citizens of its country.
- India has completed its 75 years of independence and the pledges of Prime Minister Narendra Modi are not just for listening. We ,the citizens of this country, need to implement it in an effective manner.
- The five pledges given by Prime Minister Narendra Modi are mentioned below:
- By 2047, presenting India as the developed nation
- Completely destroying the roots and marks of colonialism
- Making India a proud country of its heritage
- Strengthening the unity and integrity among citizens
- Every citizen must have a sense of duty
- These pledges need to be institutionalized socially and comprehensible for every citizen.
- There is no doubt that these pledges are important but the country needs an inclusive clarification of these pledges for implementation.
- To implement these pledges first we need to deal with ongoing issues which are seen as a hindrance to the development of the country.
- These issues are polarised politics, not getting a chance of honest opinion,manipulated media, discrimination of minor communities, self centred approach,and many more serious issues.
- The citizens of India need to understand the crux of these pledges and they must have an open and much needed conversation between them.
- The service of the public is not just a duty of the government. We should also contribute to the public services by planting trees,providing mentorship, and providing free services to the public.
- People from different segments such as business, school, colleges and others come together and promote these pledges among the citizens of the country.
In this article the author has described the importance of all five pledges beautifully and what the country needs to implement these five pledges. The contribution of every citizen is also necessary to the inclusive development of the country.
- What are the five pledges given by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and what are the role of these pledges in the development of the country?
- How India would achieve its target to be a developed country by 2047?
- How can the citizens of India contribute to the growth of the country?
Colonization – the action of appropriating a place for one’s own use
Heritage – a special possession
Unrest- a state of disturbance
Scavenging – collect from discarded waste
Prejudice – preconceived opinion that is not based on real experience
Reconciliation – restoration
Crux– main part or theme
Inclusive – including all aspects