The Hindu editorials analysis:
We all are aware of the importance of reading The Hindu newspaper with the aspect of improving reading ability, easily comprehending paragraphs, getting updated with the current events, improving essay writing and many more. For a banking aspirant it becomes necessary to read editorials for vocabulary. In this article we are going to discuss the points of today’s editorials with practice questions and important vocabs.
Car safety deployments and their enforcement are necessary to stop road accidents:
- The recent bad news that Cyrus Mistry, the former chairman of Tata Sons and along with three more people were killed in a car accident and they were not wearing seat belts,shows the importance of car safety deployments and their enforcement to avoid road accidents.
- According to the National Crime Records Bureau the number of road accidents across the country has increased since 2014.
- There were a total of 1,55,622 road accidents recorded in the year of 2021.
- The most infamous reason behind those accidents was not following appropriate precautions while driving.
- It is apparent and proved that the cheap and affordable security measures such as wearing seat belts and existence of airbags in the vehicle reduce the severity of the accidents and also can minimise the fatalities during road accidents.
- According to the road safety report prepared by the department called Transportation Research and Injury Prevention Centre of IIT Delhi , 63 percent of road accidents could be reduced if there was a facility of airbags.
- Further this report said that wearing seat belts can reduce the mortality rate by 72 percent and the combination of these two facilities can reduce the fatalities more than 80 percent.
- According to the Road Transport Ministry, in 2017, there were a total number of 26,896 fatalities recorded due to not wearing seat belts.
- Another report from the US shows that the rear seat passengers because of not wearing seat belts are more likely to injure during a road accident.
- IIT Delhi’s report furthermore showcases that the national highways in India contribute to 36 percent of fatalities even though they constitute only 2 percent of total road network across the country.
- According to the latest NCRB report, a total 56 percent of road accidents in 2021 was due to overspending.
- Above all reasons prove the importance of car safety deployments and their enforcement to combat road accidents.
- What are the ways to reduce road accidents?
- What are the insights of the NCRB report on road accidents?
- Give a proper reasoning to the benefits of wearing seat belts while driving?
Restraint – a condition that keeps something under control
Fatality- an occurrence of death
Mortality – death , especially in a large scale
Transportation – an action of transporting something
Occupants- a holder of a particular position
Constitute- be a part of a whole thing
Click to Buy Bank MahaCombo Package
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP