SBI Clerk 2019 Salary, Job Profile and Career Growth
SBI Clerk Salary 2019: The State Bank of India (SBI) is the largest public sector bank in India. A job in the SBI is considered to be secure and stable that provides not only financial security but also social status. SBI Clerk is one of the most demanding entry-level job in the country. Lakhs of candidates who want to get into the banking sector appear for SBI Clerk exam every year.
In this article, we will provide you with detailed information about SBI Clerk Salary Structure, allowances, and other perks. Information about the SBI Clerk job profile, roles and responsibilities, and growth opportunities will also be provided.
A Clerk post is an entry-level post in a bank. if you are willing to work hard you can end up in a key position in big corporates.
SBI Clerk Salary Details
- Basic SBI clerk Salary (Fresher) Rs.11,765
- Dearness Allowance: Rs.5,312
- Transport Allowance: Rs.425
- House Rent Allowance: Rs.1,800
- City Compensatory Allowance: 4-5% of basic salary
- The increment increases with seniority. Pay scales increase with seniority.
- Basic Salary of SBI clerk (after three years): Rs.13,730
- Revised SBI clerk salary(after total six years): Rs.16,715
- Basic Salary of SBI clerk ( after seven years): Rs.20,095
- SBI clerk pay scale after seven-plus seven years: Rs.28,110
- Revised Salary after 14 years: Rs.31,450
11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110- 2120/1- 30230-1310/1-31450. The starting Basic Pay is `13075.00 (`11765.00 plus two advance increments admissible to graduates.
The total starting emoluments of a Clerical Cadre employee payable at Metro like Mumbai will be around `25,000/- per month inclusive of D.A., other allowances at the current rate and two additional increments for newly recruited graduate junior associates. Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting. They will be eligible for reimbursement of various perquisites, provident fund, Pension under New Pension scheme (Defined Contribution Benefit), Medical, Leave fare and other facilities, as per instructions of the Bank as may be issued from time to time.
Selected candidates will be governed by the terms and conditions of the Service Regulations of the Bank in force at the time of joining. The newly appointed Junior Associates will be on probation for a Minimum period of 6 months. Newly recruited Junior Associates will be requried to complete e-lessons as prescribed by the bank during the probation, for getting confirmed in the Bank, failing which their probation will be extended till completion of the same. Further, before the probation period comes to an end, the performance of the newly recruited employees will be evaluated and the probation period of those employees whose performance fails to meet Bank’s expectation, may be extended.
SBI Clerk Salary 2019
Total (without HRA)
Gross with HRA
SBI Clerk Perks and Allowances
Perks of SBI Clerks include
- Medical Cover: SBI pays 100% cost for medical treatment of a clerk and 75% for registered family members.
- Travel Allowance: Clerks with SBI and family members are entitled to Tier-II AC train travel throughout India for holidays. The bank also arranges free accommodation at locations where it owns guesthouses.
- Petrol Allowance
- Newspaper & Magazine Allowance
- Entertainment Allowance: for Cable TV and satellite TV, among others
- House Maintenance Allowance
- Briefcase Allowance
- Concessional Vehicle Finance
- Concessional Housing Finance
- House Rent Allowance or Lease (lease is available at selected locations only)
- Contributory Provident Fund
- Concessional Rate for SBI Pension Plans
- Furniture Allowance
- Two Year Sabbatical (Leave) for women clerks as maternity leave or children’s education
SBI Offers various allowance to its employees. These allowances vary according to the posts and location of the job. These allowances are:
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Furniture Allowance
- House Maintenance Allowance
- Books & Magazine Allowance,
- Briefcase Allowance
- Reimbursement of Telephone Bills etc.
Perks and Allowances provided to SBI Clerk
- Housing Facility– SBI provides fully facilitated homes on lease to their employees at their location of working. Some call it’s to accommodation services or lease rental facility. All are the same.
- Leave policy– The leave policy of SBI is very attractive. It provides 33 days privilege leave and 12 days casual leaves to employees. Pregnant women have the advantage to remain on leave for 2 years. Single parent or aged parents can also take sabbatical leave for 2 years. These maternal or paternal leave is exclusive to casual and privilege leaves respectively. If the employee wishes to not take privilege leaves then, in that case, he/she can convert their number of leaves in cash.
- Travel policy– The bank also offers its employees the travel opportunity along with guest houses, holiday homes as a complete package. These clerks are offered to travel to major cities or tourist places in India itself.
- Medical advantage -100% of medical benefits are offered to SBI employees. Not this only, their family is also provided the advantage of 75% medical reimbursement in case of any injury, sickness, or hospitalization.
- Reliable interest rates– The employees have the advantage on behalf of SBI to take over any large asset like Car, home or any kind of loan at very reasonable interest rates.
SBI Clerk Allowances-
DA – “DA” stands for Dearness Allowance. It is the part of the salary package which is fixed to meet the needs for the cost of living of the employee. Presently, it is 109% of basic pay but it may vary according to the location of the employee.
HRA – House Rent Allowance is given to only those employees who have not their homes or accommodation facility at their location of working. There is a criterion for providing 10% HRA of Basic pay or Rs 800 to clerks in the preamble of SBI. The persons owning their own house are exempted from these benefits.
The individuals who are working in busy and costly cities like Mumbai are given more HRA than those of other cities workers. Here, we have divided the places of states of Indiaaccording to the cost of living there into three categories- X cities, Y cities, and Z cities.
- CLASS X Cities for Clerk post
Hyderabad, Delhi, Bengaluru, Greater Mumbai, Chennai, and Kolkata.
- CLASS Y Cities for Clerk post:
Vijaywada, Warangal, Vishakhapatnam, Guntur, Guwahati, Patna, Chandigarh, Durg-Bhilai Nagar, Raipur, Ahamdabad, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Bhavnagar, Vadodara, Surat Faridabad, Srinagar, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Dhandbad, Ranchi, Balgaon, Hubli-Dharrwad, Mangalore, Mysore, Kozhikode, Kochi, Thiruvannathpuram, Gwalior, Indore, Bhopal, Jabalpur, Amravati, Nagpur, Aurangabad, Nashik, Bhiwandi, Pune, Solapur, Kolapur, cuttack, Bhubneshwar, Amritsar, Jalandar, Ludhiana, Pondicherry, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Salem, Trippur, Coimbatore, Madurai, Dehradun,Moradabad, Meerut, Gaziabad, Aligarh, Agra, Bareily, Lucknow, Kanpur, Allahabad, Gorakhpur, Varanasi
- CLASS Z: all remaining cities will come under Z city category.
- CLASS X Cities for Clerk post
SBI Clerk Career and Promotion Structure
The SBI clerk needs to give a written paper to directly jump to Officer cadre from the clerk position.
An exam is conducted internally in the organization itself for the clerk cadre, where the person is entitled to have minimum 3 years of experience along with CAIIB or He/she should have experience if 4 years along with JAIIB or simply should have 6 years of service experience in SBI bank.
- PO Exam
The perks and salary of this officer are the same as that of PO. Similarly, for OJM cadre officers, there is also a written examination which is internal in nature.
- Minimum eligibility criteria for clerks is to have minimum service experience of 6 years in the bank. Otherwise, 12 years is expected to get promoted under normal promotion channel. The perks are the same as that of PO but there is a salary difference between the two, i.e. Rs 6000.
- The clerk has to fill the application form like the other candidates not on job fills and they have to follow a similar process to get selected for PO position. This is external in nature.
Apart from this, there exists a promotion channel within the clerk cadre itself. These positions stand for Senior Assistant, Special Assistant, and Senior Special Assistant.
- These three different positions in similar cadre are acquired at different time durations of banking service by the clerk employee.
One who has completed 10 years, 20 years or 30 years of service, is promoted to Sr. Assistant, Special Assistant, and Sr. Special Assistant positions respectively. The special allowance part varies accordingly. Like,
Sr. Assistant- Rs 1800
Special Assistant- Rs 2500
Sr. Special Assistant- Rs 3500
SBI Clerk Post Wise Salary Structure
SBI Senior Assistant Salary
|Rs.31253.00 – 105447|
|SBI Assistant Salary (Non-Bank)||Rs.21991.00 – 77557.00|
|SBI Assistant Salary (Banking)||Rs.17020 – 133260|
|SBI Clerk Probation Period Salary||Rs.18579 – 75914|
|SBI Computer Operator Salary||Rs.32252 – 75040|
|SBI Customer Care Assistant Salary||Rs.14476 – 84186|
|SBI Godown Keeper Salary||Rs.39574 – 71193|
|RK/RK cum Cashier Salary||Rs.29602 – 99513|
|SBI Senior Stenographer Salary||Rs.48502 – 81052|
|Spl RK/RK Cashier||Rs.56113 – 132678|
|SBI Spl Stenographer Salary||Rs.21152 – 106208|
|SBI Spl Assistant (Non-Bank)||Rs.53873 – 137095|
|Spl Assistant (Banking)||Rs.58782 – 190654|
|Sr Assistant (Nonbank)||Rs.41123 – 107603|
|Sr Assistant (Banking)||
Rs.34377 – 165693
Difference Between SBI Clerk and other Bank Clerks
The difference between the two is only Rs 2000/-. That is, the SBI provides Rs 2000/- more salary to its employees apart from other common allowances and perks. Besides this, it offers the clerks some extra benefits like the scholarship to children of the employees, telephone bill benefits, extra work benefits and all.
What will be Salary of SBI Clerk After Revision?
All bank employee is waiting for SBI clerk salary increment. Approx 20% – 30% growth will be expected in basic salary. Check SBI Clerk salary after 11th Bipartite Wage Settlement.
On the off chance that The Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) concur for 20% increment, Final Basic Pay will be Rs.15, 374. Along these lines, you will get add up to 38.80% of DA and HRA on Basic Pay. Along these lines, add up to Gross Salary of Bank fresher Clerk will be Rs.21, 339/ – (Worst Possible Scenario)
In the event that IBA concurs for 25% addition, Final Basic Pay will be Rs.16,015.So, add up to Gross Salary of Bank fresher Clerk will be Rs.22,228/ – (Somewhat Good)
On the off chance that IBA concurs for 30% addition, Final Basic Pay will be Rs.16, 655. In this way, add up to Gross Salary of Bank fresher Clerk will be Rs. 23,117/ – (Good Settlement)
SBI Clerk Salary after pay revision
|Increment (%)||Basic Pay||
Total Gross Salary
And SBI Clerk salary after 7th pay commission will be also in an increasing scenario.
SBI Clerk Job Profile: Roles And Responsibilities
The SBI Clerk or SBI Junior Associates work as Single Window Operator (SWO) wherein they look after the day-to-day activities of the bank. They have to deal with customers and address their concerns. They are also involved in activities like opening bank accounts, issuing DDs, transferring amounts through cheque, RTGS/NEFT, cheque book requests, etc. They may even have to work as cashiers.