The Hindu Review Daily Gk Update : 22nd March 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for IBPS, SBI, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
The hindu review provide you daily gk update current affairs for all Bank, SSC, Railway, UPSC, UPSSSC, CDS, UPTET, KVS, DSSSB and other Government exams.. Check daily The hindu review from The Hindu paper.
♦ Indian-American Neomi Rao sworn in as judge of powerful DC court
- Neomi Jehangir Rao, a prominent Indian-American lawyer, has been sworn in as US Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia Circuit Court of Appeals, becoming the second from the community to be a part of the powerful court considered next only to the US Supreme Court.
- Rao, 45, was sworn in by US Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas in the Roosevelt Room of the White House on Tuesday. She will replace US Supreme Court Judge Justice Brett Kavanaugh who was nominated by President Donald Trump for the top post.
- Before being sworn in as the US Supreme Court Judge, Kavanaugh, whose confirmation process was marred by sexual misconduct allegations, was a judge at the United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
- Joined by her husband Alan Lefkowitz, Rao took the oath on the Bible.
♦ Kazakhstan to rename country’s capital Astana as Nursultan
- Kazakhstan’s parliament today voted to rename the country’s capital Astana as Nursultan in honour of longtime ruler Nursultan Nazarbayev, a day after he resigned as president.
- The state-owned Kazinform news agency said after a parliamentary vote Astana is now officially renamed Nursultan.
- Kazakhstan’s new interim president Kassym-Jomart Tokayev proposed renaming the capital.
- Astana replaced Kazakhstan’s largest city Almaty as the capital in 1997.
♦ Xiaomi Launches Mi Pay Wallet In India With ICICI Bank
- India’s largest smartphone maker Xiaomi has launched Mi Pay, its payment service, in India, marking the first time the service has been expanded beyond its home market of China.
- The company will use the National Payment Corporation of India’s UPI and Bharat Bill payment network for its core functionality.
- The company has tied up with ICICI Bank for the back-end solution.
- Mi Pay is the latest in a crowded field, full of competitors like PayTM, MobiKwik, Google Pay and PhonePe.
- However, unlike many other wallet options, Mi Pay has a key advantage — it will come bundled on all Xiaomi smartphones. Not just that, the company said it is planning to push this software to all existing Xiaomi phones in India in the next two weeks.
- It is estimated that about 30% of all phones in India are from Xiaomi.
♦ Kazakhstan new president sworn in, renames capital city after former leader
- Kazakhstan on Wednesday swore in its second-ever president since independence, following the shock resignation of their ruler of 28 years Nursultan Nazarbayev.
- The first official act of Kassym-Jomart Tokayev — who by Kazakh constitution became president by default — was to rename the capital city after Mr Nazabayev, indicating there would be no departure from the abdicated leader’s policy.
- Mr Nazabayev’s long rumoured resignation triggered an internal debate over who will succeed the leader in elections next year.
- Astana, a futuristic capital city – littered with glass-faced architectural feats, which was simply named the Kazakh word for “capital” – will now be known as Nursultan, or “Sultan of Light” in Kazakh, in honour of the former president.
- “The results of an independent Kazakhstan are there for all to see,” the country’s new leader said. “I propose…naming the country’s capital Nursultan in honour of the first president”.
- The Kazakh parliament then voted to pass the change of name.
♦ ADB to invest USD 50 mn in solar project developer Avaada
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) Tuesday said it has inked an agreement to invest USD 50 million in solar energy project developer Avaada Energy Pvt Ltd to help the company scale up rapidly.
- The investment will come equally from ADB’s Ordinary Capital Resources and Leading Asia’s Private Infrastructure Fund (LEAP).
- LEAP is a funding arrangement provided by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) which is administered by ADB.
- The agreement was signed Tuesday by Chair of AEPL Vineet Mittal and ADB Principal Investment Specialist Mayank Choudhary, ADB said in a release.
- “Supporting renewable energy capacity enhancement by way of debt and equity is a key focus area of ADB’s private sector strategy,” said Choudhary.
♦ Saina Nehwal withdraws from India Open
- Ace shuttler Saina Nehwal on Wednesday pulled out of the Indian Open BWF World Tour Super 500 which begins in New Delhi on Tuesday, after failing to recover from an acute gastroenteritis problem.
- Saina had played through pain during the All England Championships after suffering from an acute gastroenteritis and mild pancreatitis ahead of the tournament.
- She was forced to withdraw from Swiss Open last week and was admitted to hospital for treatment.
♦ Special Olympics 2019: India cross 300-medal mark
- The specially determined athletes of Team Bharat at the Special Olympics makes history. India crossed the 300 medal tally mark at the Special Olympics World Games 2019.
- This is by far the best performance by Team Bharat at the Special Olympics. The current medal tally stands at 85 Gold, 153 Silver and 124 Bronze. Total – 362 medals.
- India is participating in the World Games for the 9th time. India has won 49 medals at the roller skating event. Indian paddlers also made history in table tennis.
♦ World Water Day 2019
Date: 22 March 2019
Organiser: United Nations
- World Water Day tries to remind people about the significance of fresh water and to promote sustainability for fresh water resources’ management. It’s a day to celebrate water. It’s a day to prepare for how we manage water in the future.
- Each year World Water Day highlights a specific aspect of freshwater. For 2019 this is Theme: ‘Leaving no one behind’.
You can also Read this:
ambitiousbaba.com need your support to Grow
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|