Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 24 & 25 November 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Sangai Festival 2019 begins in Manipur
- Manipur Sangai Festival 2019 started from 24th November. The festival is organized by the State Tourism Department and biggest festival held annually to promote tourism. The formal inaugural function of the festival was held at Hapta Kangjeibung at Imphal.
- The festival is held at different parts of Manipur. During the festival, cultural programmes, traditional games, folk dance and classical music will be performed by different communities of the State as well as from other States. The festival will conclude on the 30th November.
Note: About Manipur
Governor: Najma Heptulla
Chief minister: N. Biren Singh
♦India Ranks 44th In 2019 Nomuras Food Vulnerability Index
- Nomura’s Food Vulnerability Index (NFVI) ranks countries based on their exposure to large swings in food prices.
- NFVI has three components:
- 1) The country’s GDP per person
- 2) The share of food in household consumption, and
- 3) The net food imports.
- India is ranked 44 in Nomura’s Food Vulnerability Index (NFVI) that compiled the vulnerability of 110 countries in the world.
Banking and Financial
♦SEBI slaps Rs 40.5 lakh fine on 7 firms for fraudulent trading
- Markets regulator SEBI on 25th November imposed a total fine of Rs 40.5 lakh on seven companies for indulging in fraudulent trading in the illiquid stock options segment on the BSE.
- Total fine levied on the firms
Green Venture Securities Management Pvt- Rs 10.5 lakhs
Morgan Financial Services- 5 lakhs
Niranjan Housing-5 lakhs
Navrang Tradelinks-5 lakhs
Niranjan Metallic-5 lakhs
Nishu Leasing-5 lakhs
Finance and Midpoint Tradelink-5 lakhs
Note: About SEBI
Founded: 12 April 1992
Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi
♦Muthoot Finance to buy IDBI MF for Rs 215 crore
- Gold loan provider Muthoot Finance (MFIN) has bought IDBI Mutual Fund (IDBI MF) on November 22, paving way for company’s entry into mutual funds space.
- Muthoot Finance said it would purchase 100 percent equity shares in both companies for Rs 215 crore.
♦Lakshya Sen won Scottish Open title
- In badminton, India’s Lakshya Sen has won the Scottish Open men’s single title, defeating Brazilian Ygor Coelho to seal his fourth title in three months.
- Entering the tournament as the top seed, the world number 41 registered an 18-21, 21-18, 21-19 win in 56 minutes to claim the title in Glasgow.
♦Rafael Nadal won 6th Davis Cup title
- Rafael Nadalhas clinched 6th Davis Cup title for Spain.
- Nadal defeated Denis Shapovalov 6-3, 7-6 (7) to clinch the title.
- Nadal won all his matches, leading Spain to its sixth Davis Cup title after a 2-0 win over first-time finalist Canada on 24th
♦Marathon Man Eliud Kipchoge, Hurdle Heroine Dalilah Muhammad Won Athlete of the Year
- Eliud Kipchoge, the first man to run a marathon in less than two hours, and 400 metres hurdles world champion Dalilah Muhammad won the World Athlete of the Year awards.
- Kipchoge, 35, claimed governing body World Athletics’ year-ending prize in Monaco after making history last month when he ran the marathon distance of 42.195 kilometres (26.219 miles) in 1hr 59min 40.2sec.
♦71st NCC Day celebration in 24th November
- Commemorating the 71st NCC Day celebrations, NCC Group Kohima organized a number of social and cultural activities recently.
- The grand finale of such events took place in a Cultural Extravaganza at Science College Jotsoma on November 24. Major General PC Nair, YSM, Inspector General Assam Rifles (North) graced the occasion as chief guest, who hoisted the NCC Flag.
♦25th November: UN logo International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- Violence against women and girls (VAWG) is one of the most widespread, persistent and devastating human rights violations in our world today remains largely unreported due to the impunity, silence, stigma and shame surrounding it.
- In general terms, it manifests itself in physical, sexual and psychological forms, encompassing:
- intimate partner violence (battering, psychological abuse, marital rape, femicide);
- sexual violence and harassment (rape, forced sexual acts, unwanted sexual advances, child sexual abuse, forced marriage, street harassment, stalking, cyber- harassment);
- human trafficking (slavery, sexual exploitation);
- female genital mutilation; and
- child marriage.
- Theme 2019: Orange the World: Generation Equality Stands Against Rape
Book and Author
♦The Third Pillar Written By Raghuram Rajan
- In The Third Pillar, an important and timely new book, the economist describes an ongoing struggle for balance between the three building blocks of a good society: market, state and community. The Third Pillar represents a new departure into grand social history, which in its breadth often echoes big-picture theorists such as Barrington Moore and Francis Fukuyama and their attempts to tease apart the long-term tensions between capitalism and democracy. Written By Raghuram Rajan
♦Ex-Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kailash Joshi passes away
- Former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kailash passed away.
- Born on July 14, 1929, Kailash Joshi, who was called as the ‘saint of politics’, served as the state’s chief minister from 1977 to 1978.
- He was MLA for eight terms and also served as member of both the Rajya Sabha and the Lok Sabha.