Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 26 November 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Railways sets up Institute for Financial Management in Hyderabad
- The Indian Railway Institute of Financial Management (IRIFM) has been set up in Hyderabad.
- The new entity, set up to impart professional training in management of railway finances, was formally inaugurated by Vinod Kumar Yadav, Chairman, Railway Board.
- The ensuing batch of probationers belonging to Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS) will have opportunity to get trained here.
♦India and Uzbekistan sign Security Cooperation Agreement
- India-Uzbekistan Strategic Partnership, the Ministers welcomed increased cooperation between India and Uzbekistan in the area of security cooperation.
- An Agreement on Security Cooperation between the Ministry of Home Affairs of India and the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Uzbekistan was also signed by the two Ministers. The Agreement will further strengthen cooperation between India-Uzbekistan in the diverse fields including counter-terrorism, organized crime and human trafficking.
Note: About Uzbekistan
Currency: Uzbekistani som
Banking and Financial
♦RBI revises framework on currency swap arrangement for SAARC nations
- Strengthen financial stability and economic cooperation, the Reserve Bank of India on 26th November revised the framework on currency swap arrangement for SAARC countries till 2022.
- A currency swap between countries is an agreement to exchange currencies with predetermined terms and conditions.
- Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka are part of SAARC grouping.
- Under the framework for 2019-22, the central bank will continue to offer swap arrangement within the overall corpus of $2 billion.
- The framework is valid from November 14, 2019 to November 13, 2022.
Note: About SAARC
Founded: 8 December 1985, Dhaka
Headquarters location: Kathmandu, Nepal
♦Vistara and SBI launch co-branded credit cards
- SBI Cards and full-service carrier Vistara on November 26 launched a premium co-branded cards, which will allow its users to get various benefits such free cancellations, lounge access, and earning higher amount of points in the airline’s frequent flyer program ‘Club Vistara’.
- Benefit: Complimentary Club Vistara Silver/Base tier membership, welcome tickets on Vistara’s domestic network, one-class upgrade voucher (and) free cancellation on Vistara bookings.
- “travel insurance protection, lounge access vouchers, complimentary membership to Priority Pass program, and attractive rewards on reaching milestone spends.
♦Govt. GST collection at Rs 3.26 lakh cr in FY’20
- The Central GST collection so far this fiscal stood at Rs 3.26 lakh crore.
- “The Budget Estimates for Central Goods and Services Tax (GST) for 2019-20 has been fixed at Rs 6,63,343 crore. The actual net GST collection for the Centre till October 2019 in current fiscal year is Rs 3,26,490 crore.
Appointment & Resign
♦P.S. Rajan appointed CEO of Kerala Bank
- The government has decided to appoint P.S. Rajan, general manager, Union Bank of India as CEO, Kerala Bank.
- Kerala Bank has been formed by merging of 13 district co-operative banks receiving its final nod for the formation from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
♦Suman Billa appointed as Director UNWTO at Madrid
- Mr Suman Billa, former Director and Secretary of Kerala Tourism, will join the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) at its headquarters in Madrid, Spain.
- A 1996 batch IAS officer from the Kerala cadre, he will assume his new charge next week as Director, Technical Cooperation and Silk Road Development at the D1 level at UNWTO, a specialized agency responsible for the promotion of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism.
♦Tata Communications Amur Swaminathan Lakshminarayanan as MD and CEO
- The Board of Tata Communications (Tata Comm) appointed Amur Swaminathan Lakshminarayanan as the managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) of the telecom company.
- ” Board of Directors (“Board”) of Tata Communications Limited (“the Company”), has today, appointed Mr. Amur Swaminathan Lakshminarayanan as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Company for a term of five years with effect from 26 November 2019.
♦Subhash Chandra steps down as chairman of Zee Entertainment
- Subhash Chandra, who founded Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL) in 1992, has stepped down as chairman of the company, paving the way for the company’s transition to an institutionally managed entity.
♦Three Indians win Golden Target award
- Three Indians, Saurabh Chaudhary, Divyansh Singh Panwar and Elavenil Valarivan, who finished as the number 1 shooters in their respective categories in the year-end world rankings, will be awarded with the prestigious “Golden Target” award by the International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF).
- The federation started the Golden Target award from this year, where they will recognize and honour the top-ranked shooters from 12 categories. The ceremony will be held in Munich on December 7. With three shooters ranked number 1 India leads the pack, with China and USA coming second with two number 1s each.
♦Journalist Neha Dixit receives 2019 International Press Freedom Award
- The Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) awarded the 2019 International Press Freedom Award for Indian journalist Neha Dixit, recently. Others journalists, who have been awarded, include Lucía Pineda Ubau and Miguel Mora from Nicaragua, Maxence Melo Mubyazi from Tanzania, Patrícia Campos Mello from Brazil, Zafar Abbas from Pakistan.
- Neha Dixit, an award-winning freelance reporter, has covered politics, gender, and social justice in print, TV, and online media for more than a decade.”
♦Magnus Carlsen wins Chess India Rapid and Blitz
- Magnus Carlsen scored an impressive 27/36 to pocket $37,500 and a glittering trophy at the Tata Steel Chess India Rapid and Blitz 2019 in Kolkata.
- Carlsen’s showing is also a Grand Chess Tour record for the highest number of points scored at a single tour event as he surpassed his own high score of 26.5/36 that he achieved in Abidjan, Cote D’Ivoire.
♦26th November: Constitution Day
- Constitution Day (National Law Day), also known as Samvidhan Divas, is celebrated in India on 26 November every year to commemorate the adoption of the Constitution of India. On 26 November 1949, the Constituent Assembly of India adopted the Constitution of India, and it came into effect on 26 January 1950.
♦26th November: National Milk Day
- Amul, an Indian cooperative dairy company, marked November 26 as the National Milk Day to honour late Chairman Dr Verghese Kurien on his birth anniversary. Dr Kurien who is also called ‘the father of White Revolution’.