Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 27 November 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Uddhav Thackeray will be 18th CM of Maharashtra
- Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray will take oath as the 18th chief minister of Maharashtra on 28th November.
- Thackeray reminded the ally BJP of its promise to share the CM’s post. But BJP leader Devendra Fadnavis denied that such a promise had been made. An enraged Thackeray called off government formation talks, saying he could not tolerate being dubbed liar.
Note: About Maharashtra
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Capital: Mumbai
♦Authorised capital of Food Corporation of India enhanced to Rs 10,000 cr
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved to increase the authorized capital of Food Corporation of India (FCI) from the existing 3,500 crore rupees to 10,000 crore rupees.
- With this, additional equity capital can be infused in the FCI through the Union Budget, to fund the foodgrains stock, perpetually held by FCI.
♦Chattisgarh Declares Guru Ghasidas National Park in Korea District as Tiger Reserve
- The Chhattisgarh government has decided to declare Guru Ghasidas National Park in the state’s Korea district as a tiger reserve.
- The decision was taken at a meeting of Chhattisgarh State Wildlife Board chaired by Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel.
- Presently the state has three tiger reserves, namely Indravati in Bijapur district, Udanti-Sitanadi in Gariaband and Achanakmar in Bilaspur.
Note: About Chattisgrah
- Governor: Anusuiya Uikey
- Chief minister: Bhupesh Baghel
- Capital: Raipur
Banking and Financial
♦ADB approved second tranche of USD 150 mn for West Bengal to boost capital investment, infra
- The Manila-headquartered Asian Development Bank has approved second tranche of USD 150 million (about Rs 1,065 crore) for West Bengal to boost capital investment and infrastructure in the state.
- It is a policy based programme loan of USD 300 million (about Rs 2,130 crore) by ADB for West Bengal Development Finance Program, which was approved in September 2017.
- The programme comprises two tranches of USD 150 million each to rationalise expenditure through implementation of voluntary retirement schemes to revive financial health of public sector enterprises, introduction of medium-term expenditure frameworks in two departments, and implementation of an integrated tax monitoring system, among others.
Note: About West Bengal
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Capital: Kolkata
- Population: 9.03 crores (2012)
- Chief minister: Mamata Banerjee
♦Ind-Ra Slashes FY20 GDP Growth Forecast For Fourth Time To 5.6%
- India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) on 26th November revised its GDP growth forecast for the current financial year (FY20) to 5.6 per cent.
- This is the fourth revision and has come in after the agency had revised its FY20 GDP growth forecast only a month ago to 6.1 per cent. “
- Indian economy may have slowed for the sixth consecutive quarter in July-September to 4.7 per cent, Fitch group firm India Ratings and Research.
♦U GRO Capital signs SME loan co-origination agreement with SBI
- U GRO Capital, technology-enabled small business lending platform, entered into a loan co-origination partnership with State Bank of India (SBI). The agreement was signed by Mr. Jayanta Deb Majumdar, General Manager, SBI and Mr. Shachindra Nath, Executive Chairman of U GRO Capital, in Mumbai.
- Aims: The collaboration will work towards offering credit at a competitive rate of interest with a reduced turn-around time by using U GRO Capital’s indigenously developed co-lending technology platform ‘GRO- Xstream’.
♦Billie Eilish to be Honoured as Billboards 2019 Woman of the Year
- Singer Billie Eilish will be honoured as Billboard’s 2019 Woman of the Year on December 12.
- Reason:“Billie has disrupted the entertainment industry through her music and social media platforms, leaving an indelible impact on the global cultural zeitgeist. Her ability to speak to the Gen-Z population, making teens and young adults feel accepted in today’s society has quickly allowed.
♦India-Sri Lanka joint training exercise, Exercise MITRA SHAKTI– 2019 in Pune
- The seventh edition of India-Sri Lanka joint training exercise, Exercise MITRA SHAKTI– 2019 is scheduled to be conducted at Foreign Training Node (FTN), Pune from 01 – 14 December 2019. The sixth edition of the exercise was held in Sri Lanka.
- Aims: Joint training exercise is to build and promote positive relations between armies of India and Sri Lanka with focus on sub unit level training for counter insurgency & counter terrorism operations in urban and rural environment under United Nations mandate.
♦Mine Countermeasure Exercise-first time between India and Japan
- The Indian Naval Forces and the Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force (JMSDF) has conducted the first Mine Countermeasure Exercise(MINEX) at Kochi,Kerala.
- This is the first time an explosive ordnance disposal and mine countermeasure exercise was held by Indian and Japanese forces.
♦ISRO launches CARTOSAT 3
- ISRO has successfully launched its third-generation earth-imaging satellite into space from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
- The launch will enhance India’s ability in high-resolution imaging and also reinforce India as a global launch destination for small satellites using its workhorse rocket Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle.
- Besides the CARTOSAT 3 satellite, the PSLV C-47 rocket carried 13 nano satellites from the US, roped in through the new commercial arm New Space India.
Book and Author
♦Hemant Karkare A Daughters Memoir book was released
- The book titled Hemant Karkare: A Daughter’s Memoir was released at the Crossword Book Store, Mumbai. The book is authoured by Karkare’s daughter Jui Karkare.
- The book narrates Hemant Karkare’s journey. It talks about how he moulded himself to become ATS Chief Hemant Karkare. It focuses on the positives and provides an inspirational story to the readers.
♦Former Indian Navy chief Sushil Kumar passay away
- Former Indian Navy Chief Admiral Sushil Kumar died at a military hospital in New Delhi. Sushil Kumar was Navy Chief from 1998-2001.