Current Affairs 21st July 2021 , Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Govt to set up set up country’s top heritage institute in Noida
- The government has decided to set up the Indian Institute of Heritage at Noida, Gautam Buddha Nagar.
- “The Indian Institute of Heritage will be a world-class university that will focus on conservation and research in India’s rich tangible heritage while offering research, development, and dissemination of knowledge, excellence in the education of its students and activities associated with a heritage that contributes to the cultural, scientific and economic life of India.
International (Current Affairs)
Leftist school teacher Pedro Castillo declared New Peru President
- Leftist school teacher Pedro Castillo was proclaimed Peru’s president-elect on 20th July, six weeks after a polarizing vote of which the results were delayed by claims of electoral fraud from his right-wing rival, Keiko Fujimori.
- The 51-year-old trade unionist’s victory leaves Fujimori facing an imminent corruption trial.
Note: About Peru
- Capital: Lima
- Currency: Sol
Banking & Financial
Kotak Mahindra Bank signs MoU with the Indian Navy for salary account
- Kotak Mahindra Bank (KMBL), a financial services conglomerate, and the Indian Navy announced 20th July that they have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) enabling KMBL to offer its salary account proposition to all personnel of the Indian Navy – both serving and retired.
- It also provides ‘Special Education Benefit for Children & Additional Girl Child Benefit’ that covers dependent children of up to 22 years in the event of an accident claim by the salary account holder.
Note: About Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founder: Uday Kotak
- CEO: Uday Kotak
- Tagline: Lets make money simple.
ADB Cut India’s economic growth forecast for FY22 to 10%
- The Asian Development Bank has downgraded India’s economic growth forecast for the current financial year to 10 per cent on 20th July, from 11 per cent projected in April, on account of the adverse impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
- The projection for FY23 (ending in March 2023), by which time much of India’s population is expected to be vaccinated, is upgraded from 7 per cent to 7.5 per cent as economic activity normalises.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-8.3%
- Nomura –10.8%
- RBI: 9.5%
Byju’s acquires US edtech firm Epic in $500 million deal
- Edtech major Byju’s has acquired US-based kids learning platform Epic in a $500 million cash-and-stock deal, making this its second-biggest acquisition after it bought brick-and-mortar coaching network Aakash Institute for close to $1 billion earlier this year.
- The Epic acquisition is part of Byju’s big foray into the overseas market where it expects annual revenue of $300 million this financial year.
Australia’s Brisbane to host 2032 Olympic Games
- The Australian city of Brisbane has been selected to host the 2032 summer Olympics, said the International Olympic Committee on 21 July.
- “The International Olympic Committee has the honour to announce that the Games of the 35th Olympiad are awarded to Brisbane, Australia,” IOC president Thomas Bach said.
- Australia has become the second country after the United States to host the Olympic Games in three different cities. Prior to this, Melbourne had staged Olympics in 1956 and Sydney had in 2000.
List of upcoming Olympic
- 2024 Summer Olympics: Paris, France
- 2028 Summer Olympics: Los Angeles, California, United States.
DRDO successfully flight-tests surface-to-air missile Akash-NG
- Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully flight-tested the New Generation Akash Missile (Akash-NG), a surface-to-air Missile from Integrated Test Range (ITR) off the coast of Odisha on July 21, 2021.
- The missile system has been developed by Defence Research & Development Laboratory (DRDL), Hyderabad in collaboration with other DRDO laboratories.
Launch Missile with range by DRDO IN NEWS
- “Prithvi II”-350 Km
- “K-4 nuclear”-3500Km
- “Nirbhay”: 1500Km
- Agni P Ballistic Missile: 1000 to 2000KM
DRDO successfully test flights indigenous Man-Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile
- The Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) on 21th July successfully flight tested indigenously developed low weight, fire and forget Man-Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM).
- The missile was launched from a man portable launcher integrated with thermal site and the target was mimicking a tank. The missile hit the target in direct attack mode and destroyed it with precision.
- The mission marked a major boost for the Narendra Modi government’s Atmanirbhar Bharat campaign and would strengthen the Indian Army.
Veteran thespian Urmil Kumar Thapliyal passes away
- Renowned theatre personality and litterateur Urmil Kumar Thapliyal has passed away here following a prolonged illness. He was 78.
- Thapliyal worked all through his life for the revival of nautanki and popularising theatre.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series REASONING Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|