Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 4th June 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
Current Affairs (National)
♦ Nipah virus patient in Kochi ‘clinically stable and slowly improving’, 311 people under surveillance
- This is the second time that the virus has made its appearance in Kerala. Last year, an outbreak in Kozhikode and Malappuram districts in north Kerala had claimed 17 lives. The virus, whose natural carriers are fruit bats, has a high case fatality rate.
Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
♦ AAI in pact with Boeing for modernising India’s air traffic management
- Boeing said Tuesday that it has signed a technical assistance agreement with the Airports Authority of India (AAI) to jointly develop a comprehensive 10-year roadmap for modernising air traffic management in India.
- The roadmap is expected to be developed within 18 months and it will be undertaken with a grant from the United States Trade and Development Agency (USTDA), Boeing said in a statement.
- The AAI owns and manages around 125 airports across the country.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 1 April 1995
Banking and Finance
♦ Tata Sky partners Amazon to offer video streaming to customers
- Direct-to-home operator Tata Sky Tuesday said it has partnered Amazon to offer access to various video streaming apps via a single-monthly-subscription fee of Rs 249 through its platform Tata Sky Binge.
- It would operate through Amazon Fire TV Stick – Tata Sky Edition, through which Tata Sky users can view contents from apps like Hotstar, Sun NXT, Eros NOW, and Hungama Play, the company said in a statement.
- Besides, Tata Sky Binge subscribers will also have access to over 5,000 titles from Tata Sky VOD library along with favourite TV shows of the last one week, it said.
♦ Government of India, Government of Tamil Nadu and World Bank sign $287 million loan agreement for the Tamil Nadu Health System Reform Programme
- The Government of India, Government of Tamil Nadu (GoTN) and the World Bank today signed a $287 million loan agreement for the Tamil Nadu Health System Reform Programme. The programme aims to improve the quality of health care, reduce the burden of non-communicable diseases (NCDs), and fill equity gaps in reproductive and child health services in Tamil Nadu.
- Tamil Nadu ranks third among all Indian states in the NITI Aayog Health Index which is reflected in vastly improved health outcomes.
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
♦ India to become 5th largest economy globally this year; 2nd in APAC region by 2025
- India is forecast to overtake the UK to become the world’s fifth largest economy this year and projected to surpass Japan to feature at the second position in the Asia-Pacific region by 2025, IHS Markit said.
- In a report on Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his BJP party’s victory in the national elections, it said the economic outlook “looks positive” for the second term of Modi government, with GDP growth forecast to average around 7 per cent per year over the 2019-2023 period.
- “India is forecast to become the world’s fifth largest economy in 2019, reaching a total GDP size exceeding USD 3 trillion, and overtaking its former colonial ruler, the United Kingdom. By 2025, Indian GDP is also forecast to surpass Japan, which will make India the second-largest economy in the Asia-Pacific region,” it said.
♦ CAG Mehrishi elected external auditor of WHO
- Comptroller and Auditor General of India Rajiv Mehrishi has been elected as external auditor of the World Health Organization (WHO) for four years from 2020 to 2023, an official statement said Monday.
- Mehrishi was elected at the 72nd World Health Assembly in Geneva last month with a majority. Apart from India, others competing for the position were the Auditors General of Congo, France, Ghana, Tunisia and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- “Rajiv Mehrishi will take over from the incumbent External Auditor of WHO, the Supreme Audit Institution of Philippines.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Head: Tedros Adhanom
- Founded: 7 April 1948
♦ RBI approves appointment of Rakesh Makhija as Axis Bank Chairman
- Axis Bank said on Monday afternoon that the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved the appointment of Rakesh Makhija as the bank’s chairman. He has been appointed as the Non-Executive (Part-time) Chairman of the Bank, for a period of 3 years. He will assume charge on July 18 and continue till July 17, 2022.
Note- Axis bank
- CEO: Amitabh Chaudhry
- Headquarters: Mumbai
♦ Sachin Bansal joins Ujjivan Small Finance Bank as independent director
- Sachin Bansal, Flipkart ex-CEO and BAC Acquisitions co-founder, has joined Ujjivan Small Finance Bank’s board as an independent director.
- This move becomes significant when we look at what Bansal has been trying at for the past 9-10 months. His plan was to open a bank, but for that he had to obtain a license from RBI. After discussions with the apex bank at length, he realised that he needed to meet a certain criteria for obtaining that license.
- Most important one of these being that the promoter of the new bank should already have an NBFC, which they can then convert or transfer into the new bank.
Note- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
- Founded-1 February 2017
- Founder-Samit Ghosh
- Headquarters-Bangalore, Karnataka, India
♦ OIC appoints Yousef Aldobeay as special envoy for Jammu and Kashmir
- The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) has appointed Yousef Aldobeay of Saudi Arabia as its special envoy for Jammu and Kashmir.
- The appointment was made during the 14th OIC summit held in Saudi Arabia’s holy city of Makkah on Friday, which was attended by several leaders of Muslim countries, including Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan, Pakistan’s foreign ministry said on Saturday.
- The Summit reiterated the Conference’s principled support for the legitimate right to self-determination of the people of Jammu and Kashmir in accordance with UN resolutions.
- Headquarters: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Founded: 25 September 1969
♦ WHO award for Rajasthan Health Dept.
- The World Health Organization has selected the Rajasthan government’s Medical & Health Department for its award this year in recognition of its achievements in the field of tobacco control.
- The department’s Additional Chief Secretary, Rohit Kumar Singh, will receive the award at a function to mark World No Tobacco Day in New Delhi on Friday.
- The Health Department of the State is the only government body in the country which will be awarded for its tobacco-free initiatives.
♦ Ex-President Pratibha Patil Awarded With Mexico’s Highest Civilian Award
- Former President Pratibha Patil was on Saturday bestowed on the highest civilian award of Mexico for foreigners.
- The ambassador of Mexico to India, Melba Pria, presented ”Orden Mexicana del Aguila Azteca” (Order of the Aztec Eagle) to Ms Patil, who had served as the first woman president of the country during 2007-12, at a special ceremony held in MCCIA Bhavan.
- On the occasion, Ms Patil said a mutual agreement was signed between Mexico and India when she was president, and that both the countries have emphasised on enhancing friendly relations.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here