Current Affairs 6th May 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
India’s 1st tribal health observatory will be set up in Odisha
- Government of Odisha has set up India’s first Tribal Health Observatory (TriHOb), which acts as a repository on the health of the tribal population in the state. This will be India’s only tribal health observatory.
- An MoU was signed between the ST and SC Development Department and the Regional Medical Research Centre (RMRC), Bhubaneswar, Odisha, a regional centre of the Indian Council of Medical Research.
- It will perform systematic and ongoing observation on disease burden, health-seeking behaviour and healthcare delivery system pertaining to tribal health in the state.
- ‘Mo School’ Abhiyan chairman Sushmita Bagchi also inaugurated a “tribal family health survey” among indigenous groups during the event in which the MoU was signed. The survey will serve as a springboard for future longitudinal cohort studies and policy research.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
Haryana launched ‘Vehicle Movement Tracking System’ mobile app to track movement of sand, mining vehicles
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched a Vehicle Movement Tracking System (VMTS) mobile app to track the vehicles carrying sand and other mining material.
- The app will be used at different checkpoints in all the districts of Haryana. All vehicle details including vehicle type, vehicle number, moving from, moving to, and driver details will be stored in it.
- The non-registered individual will not be permitted to enter the zone of sand mining. This App has been designed and developed in-house by National Informatics Centre, Haryana.
Recent Haryana schemes/apps:
- Matrushakti Udyamita Scheme
- Sahbhagita scheme
- Mukhya Mantri Bagwani Bima Yojana
Manipur CM Biren Singh launched Direct Benefit Transfer for organic farmers
- Manipur Chief Minister N. Biren Singh has launched the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) for 18,000 registered farmers under Horticulture Department for Mission Organic Value Chain Development for North Eastern Region (MOVCDNER), Phase- III (2020-23).
- DBT of Rs. 11,250 per farmer, for the components of assistance for on-farm input for both 1st year and 2nd year and for off-farm inputs production for 1st was transferred to the individual registered farmer’s account.
- There are altogether 25,000 farmers under this phase including 7,000 farmers registered under Agriculture Department and 18,000 farmers under Horticulture Department.
- Capital: Imphal
- Chief minister: Biren Singh
- Governor: La Ganesan
India’s 1st Flow Chemistry Technology Hub Set up at Hyderabad
- Government of Telangana in collaboration with the pharmaceuticals majors Reddy’s Laboratory and Laurus Labs along with academia has set up India’s first-of-its-kind Flow Chemistry Technology Hub (FCT Hub) at Dr. Reddy’s Institute of Life Sciences (DRILS) Hyderabad, Telangana.
- The hub will facilitate the pharmaceutical research and development (R&D) and adoption of continuous synthesis for making Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs).
- Aim: To incorporate and promote efficient and sustainable technologies in the pharmaceutical sector.
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
- Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
Rajasthan became the 1st 10 GW Solar State
- According to Mercom’s India Solar Project Tracker, Rajasthan became the first state in India to reach 10 GW of cumulative large-scale solar installations.
- The state has a total installed power capacity of 32.5 GW, with renewables accounting for 55 percent, thermal energy for 43 percent, and nuclear energy accounting for the remaining 2%.
- Solar is the most common energy source, accounting for roughly 36 percent of total capacity and 64 percent of renewables.
- The thermal contribution was largest in the first quarter of FY 2021-22. Rajasthan has some of the highest sun irradiation levels in the country, as well as other advantages such as land availability and few power outages.
- Rajasthan has about 16 GW of solar projects under development, according to Mercom’s India Solar Project Tracker. The total amount of SECI-awarded projects is 11.6 GW, with 6.2 GW being interstate transmission system (ISTS)
- Capital: Jaipur
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra
- Chief Minister: Ashok Gehlot
Civil Registration System Report 2020 released; Ladakh recorded highest sex ratio in the country in 2020
- The Union Territory of Ladakh (1104) recorded the highest sex ratio at birth in the country in 2020, followed by Arunachal Pradesh (1011), A&N Islands (984), Tripura (974), and Kerala (969), according to the annual report on Vital Statistics based on 2020 Civil Registration System report.
- Lowest sex ratio at birth was reported by Manipur (880), followed by Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu (898), Gujarat (909), Haryana (916) and Madhya Pradesh (921).
- The report is published by the Registrar General of India (Ministry of Home Affairs).
Banking and Financial
SC appointed panel for recovery of money from NSEL defaulters; headed by Pradeep Nandrajog
- The Supreme Court formed a high-level committee, headed by Retired Bombay High Court Judge Pradeep Nandrajog, for recovery of money from the defaulters against whom National Spot Exchange (NSEL) has secured money decrees.
- NSEL has already secured decrees and arbitration award of ₹3,534 crores against the defaulters. Further, defaulters’ liabilities of ₹760 crores have already been crystallised by the committee appointed by the Bombay High Court.
- Proceedings for decree against NK Protein worth ₹964 crores is pending before Bombay High Court. In 2013, investors and traders in NSEL lost about ₹5,600 crores after the exchange shut trading abruptly leading to series of default.
- Two of the defaulters have already paid their liabilities worth ₹196 crores. The claims will be verified by the Supreme Court-appointed committee.
- The Supreme Court-appointed committee will oversee sale of assets, attached by the Maharashtra government under the MPID Act and Enforcement Directorate across India.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- Alternative Investment Policy Advisory Committee reconstituted by SEBI: NR Narayana Murthy
- 17-member committee by MeitY to steer, guide semiconductor mission: Ashwini Vaishnaw
- 13-member panel by government of Tamil Nadu to frame the state education policy: D Murugesan
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting constituted AVGC Promotion Task Force: Apoorva Chandra
- SC reconstituted expert committee for Delhi-Dehradun Economic Corridor Expressway project: Chandra Prakash Goyal
SEBI restructured Secondary Market Advisory Committee; headed by Gurumoorthy Mahalingam
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has restructured its Secondary Market Advisory Committee (SMAC), which makes recommendations to the capital markets regulator on improving market safety, efficiency, and transparency.
- Gurumoorthy Mahalingam, a former full-time member of SEBI, will now chair the 18-member advisory body. The panel previously consisted of 17 members and was headed by SEBI chairperson Madhabi Puri Buch.
- Apart from Gurumoorthy Mahalingam, the panel includes CEOs of stock exchanges and depositories, representatives of various stakeholders, and senior SEBI officials.
- Other panellists are: Nithin Kamath, co-founder and CEO of Zerodha; Dhiraj Relli, MD and CEO of HDFC Securities; Jaideep Hansraj, MD of Kotak Securities; Naresh Yadav, MD and CEO of SBICAP Securities; and Leo Puri, Chairman, JP Morgan, South & Southeast Asia.
List of Latest Committee by SEBI and their Head:
- SEBI restructured Advisory Committee on Investor Protection and Education Fund: G Mahalingam (earlier headed by Abraham Koshy)
- SEBI formed panel to strengthen governance of stock exchanges: G Mahalingam
- SEBI formed 2 separate panels to review ownership norms of MFs sponsors and trustees: working group on sponsors: A Balasubramanian, working group on MF trustees: Manoj Vaish
- SEBI reconstituted its advisory committee for leveraging regulatory and technology solutions: Sunil Bajpai
- SEBI reconstituted 21 members Market Data Advisory Committee (MDAC): M S Sahoo
Appointment and Resignation
Venkataramani Sumantran appointed as chairman of Board of Directors of IndiGo
- InterGlobe Aviation announced that Venkataramani Sumantran has been named chairperson of the IndiGo board.
- Sumantranis a corporate leader, technocrat, and academician with a 37-year career spanning the United States, Europe, and Asia. Sumantran is the managing director and chairperson of Celeris Technologies, a strategic advising firm. At IndiGo, he will succeed Meleveetil Damodaran.
- Sumantranhas served on the Prime Minister of India’s Science Advisory Council and the Indian Cabinet’s Scientific Advisory Committee. He was the Executive Vice-Chairman of Hinduja Automotive (UK) and Vice Chairman of Ashok Leyland Limited till 2014.
- Founded: 2006
- Headquarters: Gurugram
- CEO: Rono Dutta
NASA’s climate research scientist Cynthia Rosenzweig won World Food Prize 2022
- A senior research scientist and head of the Climate Impacts Group at NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) in New York City, Cynthia Rosenzweighas received the 2022 World Food Prize from the World Food Prize Foundation.
- Rosenzweig was selected for the award for her research to understand the relationship between climate and food systems and forecast how both will change in the future.
- Rosenzweig has been a research scientist at NASA GISS and head of the Climate Impacts Group since Her research focuses on improving models and assessments of how climate change will affect agriculture and the food supply in the future.
- According to the World Food Prize Foundation, the World Food Prize is a prestigious international award conceived as the “Nobel Prize for Food and Agriculture” with a mission to elevate innovations and inspire action to sustainably increase the quality, quantity, and availability of food for all.
- A diploma, a commemorative sculpture, and a monetary award of US$ 250,000 are presented.
- Founded: 1 October 1958
- Headquarters: Washington D.C., United States
- Administrator: Bill Nelson (14th Administrator)
ISRO planned mission to Venus by December 2024
- The Indian Space Research Organisation will send a spacecraft to orbit Venus to study what lies below its surface, the space body’s Chairperson S Somnath
- ISRO is expecting to launch the mission by December 2024 with an orbital manoeuvre planned for a year after that. The orbital manoeuvre is the use of propulsion systems to change the orbit of a spacecraft. It enables a spacecraft to enter a planet’s orbit.
- In 2025, the Earth and Venus would be aligned in a manner that it would require a minimum amount of propellant for the spacecraft to enter the orbit of the hottest planet in the Solar System. A similar window to conduct the mission would next be available in 2031.
- The aim of the mission is to study Venus’ atmosphere, which is toxic and corrosive in nature as clouds of sulfuric acid cover the planet.
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Chairman: S Somanath
Vedika Sharma won bronze in women’s 10m air pistol in Deaflympics 2021
- Vedika Sharma won the bronze medal in the 10 m air pistol at the ongoing Deaflympics 2021 in Caxias do Sol, Brazil.
- Sharma’s bronze medal takes India in the medal tally to four at the quadrennial event. Pranjali Dhumal has finished at fourth position in the same event.
- Earlier in the event, the rifle shooter Dhanush Srikanth and the badminton team had won gold medals for India.
Annual ICC Team Rankings 2022: India remained on top in T20 Team Rankings
- In International Cricket Council’s (ICC) annual Team Rankings 2022, Indian cricket team has been ranked as the world’s number one Men’s T20I (Twenty 20 Internationals) team followed by England and Pakistan.
- New Zealand has bagged the top spot in the ODI (One Day International) rankings, followed by England, Australia, and India.
- Australia, India, and New Zealand are the top three in the Men’s Test Team Rankings.
|MRF Tyres ICC Men’s T20I Team Rankings|
|MRF Tyres ICC Men’s ODI Team Rankings|
|MRF Tyres ICC Men’s Test Team Rankings|
About International Cricket Council (ICC):
- Founded: 1909
- Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Chairman: Greg Barclay (New Zealand)
- CEO: Geoff Allardice
- Members: 106 countries
5 May: World Hand Hygiene Day
- World Hand Hygiene Day (WHHD) is annually observed across the globe on the 5th of May to maintain global promotion, visibility, and sustainability of hand hygiene in health care.
- WHO launched the “Save Lives: Clean Your Hands” global annual campaign in 2009, which is celebrated as World Hand Hygiene Day on 5th May to further the goal of maintaining a global profile on the importance of hand hygiene in health care.
- Slogan 2022: Unite for safety: clean your hands
- The campaign theme 2022: “a health care ‘quality and safety climate or culture’ that values hand hygiene and infection prevention and control”
6 May: International No Diet Day
- International No Diet Day is observed on 6 May, and its symbol is a light blue ribbon.
- It is an annual celebration of body acceptance, including fat acceptance and body shape diversity. The first International No Diet Day was celebrated in the United Kingdom (UK) in 1992.
- Since 1998, both the International Size Acceptance Association (ISAA) and the National Organization for Women (NOW) have sponsored similar days. ISAA’s day is International Size Acceptance Day which is celebrated on 24 April.
British Formula 1 Driver Tony Brooks passed away
- British racing driver Charles Anthony Standish Brooks who won six Formula One Grand Prix in the 1950s died at 90. He was known as a “Racing Dentist”. He won his F1 debut at the non-championship 1955 Syracuse Grand Prix.
- He registered his first world championship victory at the British Grand Prix at Aintree in 1957. He also won the Grand Prix of Belgium, Italy, France and Germany.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs