Daily Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 1st June 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
Current Affairs (National)
♦ PM Modi hikes National Defence Fund scholarship assistance
- The ambit of the ‘Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme’ is also expanded to cover the wards of State police officials martyred in terror or Naxal attacks.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved changes to the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for wards of deceased defence personnel under the National Defence Fund — his first decision on assuming office, a statement from the PMO said on Friday.
- Mr. Modi approved the increase from ₹2,000 to ₹2,500 a month for boys and from ₹2,250 to ₹3,000 a month for girls.
♦ SWIFT India and South Asia Conference was held in Mumbai
- The SWIFT India and South Asia Conference held at the St Regis Mumbai.
- The conference saw the participation of 500 delegates representing financial institutions, regulators, market infrastructure experts, multinational corporations, and other industry professionals, to discuss the most pertinent issues concerning the nation’s financial market.
- The theme of the conference was “Digitisation in transition: The future of innovation and cyber security.
Banking and Finance
♦ ADB $350 Million Loan to Upgrade State and District Roads in Chhattisgarh
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $350 million loan to rehabilitate and upgrade state highways and major district roads in Chhattisgarh, which will improve connectivity and access to basic services and livelihood opportunities.
- The state of Chhattisgarh is overwhelmingly rural (about 96% of the area), but rich in natural resources and a major producer of minerals such as coal and iron ore. However, according to the 2011 census, poverty levels were at about 38% of the population. A safe and efficient road network will significantly contribute to the state’s economy and development, and thus contribute to poverty reduction in the state.
♦ Honda Motorcycle ties-up with IDFC First Bank
- Japanese two-wheeler maker Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Wednesday said it has signed a pact with IDFC First Bank for retail financing for vehicles.
- Under the arrangement, a customer can avail benefits such as loans up to 100 per cent of the vehicle cost, zero processing fee, down payment of Rs 999, attractive interest rate, extended loan tenure within 48 hours, among others.
♦ Nirmala Sitharaman To Present First Union Budget On July 5
- The Union Budget for the current financial year will be presented by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on July 5, the government announced on Friday, hours after Prime Minister Narendra Modi surprised many by naming the former defence minister for the job.
- The announcement came on a day data showed that Asia’s third biggest economy grew at its slowest pace in 17 quarters.
- While the economy grew at 5.8 per cent in the January-March period, falling behind China’s pace for the first time in nearly two years, the unemployment rate rose to a multi-year high of 6.1 per cent in the 2017/18 fiscal year.
♦ Indian-origin Anita Bhatia appointed UN Deputy Executive Director
- Indian-origin Anita Bhatia, a veteran in strategic partnerships, resource mobilisation and management, has been appointed by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres as the Deputy Executive Director in the global body’s agency focussed on women empowerment and gender equality.
- Ms. Bhatia holds a Bachelor of Arts in History from Calcutta University, a Master of Arts in Political Science from Yale University and a Juris Doctor in Law from Georgetown University.
♦ India sweep mixed team titles to conclude best ever ISSF WC performance
- India won 5 gold and 1 silver medal at the ISSF World Cup in Munich, Germany
- Teenage pair of Manu Bhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary won the 10m Air Pistol mixed team title
- Anjum Moudgil and Divyansh Singh Panwar won the 10m Air Rifle mixed team gold at ISS World Cup.
- India gold medallists included Apurvi Chandela (10m Air Rifle Women), Rahi Sarnobat (25m Pistol Women) and Saurabh Chaudhary (10m Air Pistol Men), besides the Mixed Team titles won on the last day.
- The pair of Anjum Moudgil and Divyansh Singh Panwar first won the 10m Air Rifle mixed team gold, even as the teenage pair of Manu Bhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary backed them up with the 10m Air Pistol mixed team title, rounding off a dominating show by the Indian squad at the year’s third International Shooting Sport Federation world cup stage.
- In fact, in the Mixed Air Rifle, it was an all India gold medal match and Apurvi Chandela and Deepak Kumar landed the country its lone silver, going down to their compatriots 2-16.
♦ World Milk Day 1 June
- We all should consume milk daily as it contains many essential nutrients, which is important for the body. But over the years, drinking milk has declined particularly amongst children.
- Theme2019: DRINK MILK TODAY & EVERYDAY
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- The Hindu Review April 2019 in (Bilingual) | Current Affairs PDF : Download Now
- GK Capsule for IDBI Assistant Manager 2019 : Download PDF from here
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- SBI Clerk Prelims 2019 Mock Test Papers : Download PDF
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here