Daily Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 28th May 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
Current Affairs (National)
♦ NSIC signs MOU with Ministry of MSME
- The National Small Industries Corporation Limited (NSIC) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) for the year 2019-20. The MOU was signed by Ram Mohan Mishra, AS & DC(MSME) and CMD (NSIC) with Dr. Arun Kumar Panda, Secretary, MSME, in the presence of Alka Nangia Arora, Joint Secretary, SME, Mercy Epao, Director (SME), P. Udaya kumar, Director -P&M (NSIC) and A.K. Mittal, Director-Finance (NSIC).
- The MOU envisages provision of enhanced services by NSIC under its marketing, financial, technology and other support services schemes for MSMEs in the country.
♦ India Elected To Executive Board Of First UN-Habitat Assembly
- India has been elected to the Executive Board of the first UN-Habitat Assembly, announced Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs on Monday.
- “The nation’s global clout continues to grow significantly. In an extremely proud development, India has been elected today to the Executive Board of the first UN-Habitat Assembly at the Plenary Session of the Assembly being held in Nairobi,” read a post on the ministry’s official Twitter handle.
- The first session of the UN-Habitat Assembly started on May 27 at the headquarters of UN-Habitat in Nairobi and will go on till May 31.
- The special theme for the UN-Habitat Assembly is “Innovation for Better Quality of Life in Cities and Communities”.
Current Affairs (International)
♦ Sri Lanka, Japan, India sign deal to develop East Container Terminal at Colombo Port
- Sri Lanka, Japan and India on Tuesday signed an agreement to jointly develop the East Container Terminal at the Colombo Port.
- The signing of the Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) is significant, given that India and Sri Lanka were negotiating a potential partnership on the project, although with little success.
- New Delhi’s interest in partnering the project is well known. Over 70% of the transhipment business at the strategically located East Container Terminal is linked to India, according to official sources.
- Japan has been a long-standing partner of Sri Lanka, and one of Sri Lanka’s biggest donors in the past decades. The terms of the agreement will soon be finalised at a joint working group meeting, diplomatic.
♦ Oscar Academy President John Bailey launches Hindi version of ‘Digital Dilemma’ by NFAI
- In a special event today, John Bailey, President of Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences (popularly known as Oscar Academy), e-launched the Hindi translation of an Academy Publication, “Digital Dilemma”, in Delhi. Also present on the occasion were renowned film editor and Governor of Academy Ms. Carol Littleton; Justice Manmohan Sarin, Chairman, FCAT; Shri Amit Khare, Secretary, Ministry of I&B; Shri Prasoon Joshi, Chairman, CBFC; Shri Ujwal Nirgudkar, Member of the Academy and Shri Prakash Magdum, Director, NFAI.
Banking and Finance
♦ World Bank to invest $35 million in Manapurram Finance
- International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member company of the World Bank group, will invest $35 million in Manappuram Finance in a bid to tap the Indian gold loan market in their first such foray.
- “We are making our first investment in a gold-loan finance company to create opportunities for the rural and poor households to transition from informal to formal forms of credit,” said Jun Zhang, IFC Country Head for India.
♦ Indian Overseas Bank launches ‘Bank on Wheels’ facility
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB), on Monday, announced that it has launched ‘Bank on Wheels’ facility in 14 of its lead districts in Tamil Nadu and Kerala, besides Vijayawada. The bank said the mobile van facility will enable the public, especially senior citizens, conveniently get door-step banking facility available at identified locations of the lead districts.
- A dedicated banking correspondent will accompany the vehicle with a micro ATM inside the van to take care of services such as account opening, enrollment of customers in Social Security Scheme, passbook printing, and other financial inclusion activities. Chennai, Kanyakumari, Karur and Nagapattinam are some of the areas that will be covered in Tamil Nadu.
♦ Pema Khandu to take oath as Arunachal Pradesh CM for 2nd term on May 29
- Pema Khandu will be sworn-in as the Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh tomorrow for the second time.
- After having a landslide victory in the Assembly elections with 41 seats in the 60-seat house, the BJP yesterday held it’s Legislature Party Meeting in Itanagar.
- Later, Mr. Khandu met Governor Dr. BD Mishra and staked claim to form government.
♦ Indian Army officer appointed the commander of UN Mission in South Sudan
- UN Secretary, General Antonio Guterres, has appointed Indian Army officer, Lieutenant General Shailesh Tinaikar, as the new Force Commander of the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS).
- The UN chief made the announcement on Friday that 57-year-old Lieutenant General Tinaikar will succeed Lieutenant General Frank Kamanzi of Rwanda who completes his assignment on May 26.
♦ ISSF World Cup: Saurabh Chaudhary wins 10m Air Pistol gold
- In ISSF shooting World Cup, in Munich Germany, India’s Saurabh Chaudhary has won 10m Air Pistol Gold beating his own World Record.
- The 17 year old Chaudhary scored 246.3 bettering his previous best of 245 points that was set in New Delhi World Cup Shooting in February this year. Chaudhury has already secured a berth for the Tokyo Olympics.
- This is India’s second Gold in championship. Sunday Apurvi Chandela had won a gold in Women’s 10 Metres Air Rifle event. India already has five quota places in Rifle and Pistol competitions.
♦ ISSF World Cup 2019: Rahi Sarnobat wins Gold; seals Olympic quota
- India’s Rahi Sarnobat on Monday won the gold in 25m pistol event at the ISSF World Cup in Munich; The 28-year-old in the process also sealed a quota place for India in the event for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- Rahi’s score of 37 helped her pip Ukraine’s Olena Kostevych, who was champion at the 2004 Athens Olympics. Bulgaria’s Anatoanea Boneva won the bronze.
- Manu Bhaker, who was also competing in the final, finished fifth with a score of 21 following a pistol malfunction.
♦ DRDO successfully test fires AKASH – MK -1S
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully test fired AKASH-MK-1S missile from ITR , Chandipur, Odhisa on 25 and 27 May 2019. Akash Mk1S is an upgrade of existing AKASH missile with indigenous Seeker.
- AKASH Mk1S is a surface to air missile which can neutralize advanced aerial targets. The Akash weapon system has combination of both command guidance and active terminal seeker guidance. Seeker and guidance performance have been consistently established in both the missions.
♦ Murray Gell-Mann, the Physicist Who Came Up With Quarks, Has Died
- Pioneering physicist Murray Gell-Mann has passed away at the age of 89. Among his many scientific contributions, the Nobel laureate will be remembered for bringing order to the chaotic field of particle physics, and for coining the term “quark”—a fundamental building block of matter.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- The Hindu Review April 2019 in (Bilingual) | Current Affairs PDF : Download Now
- GK Capsule for IDBI Assistant Manager 2019 : Download PDF from here
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- SBI Clerk Prelims 2019 Mock Test Papers : Download PDF
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here