Daily Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 30th May 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
Current Affairs (National)
♦ Modi takes oath as PM for second time
- Narendra Modi took oath along with a new Council of Ministers for a second term at a glittering ceremony that was attended by Opposition leaders, corporate honchos, film stars and a galaxy of leaders from BIMSTEC countries.
- BJP leader Narendra Modi on Thursday was sworn in as Prime Minister for the second time.
- By winning 303 seats, the Bharatiya Janata Party got the decisive mandate to rule the country for the next five years. Even though the party has the required numbers to form the government on its own, it has decided to accommodate its allies in the Ministries.
Here’s the full list of the new council of ministers who took along with PM Modi Council of Ministers
- Rajnath Singh
- Harsimarat Kaur Badal
- Thaawarchand Gehlot
- S Jaishankar
- Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
- Arjun Munda
- Smriti Irani
- Harsh Vardhan
- Amit Shah
- Nitin Gadkari
- Sadananda Gowda
- Nirmala Sitharaman
- Ram Vilas Paswan
- Narendra Singh Tomar
- Ravi Shankar Prasad
♦ Tata Power arm TPREL to develop 100-MW solar power project in Gujarat
- Tata Power said Thursday its arm Tata Power Renewable Energy Ltd (TPREL) will develop a 100-MW solar power project in Raghanesda Solar Park of Gujarat.
- “TPREL has received a letter of award (LoA) from Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam Ltd (GUVNL) on 28th May 2019 to develop a 100-MW solar project in Raghanesda Solar Park of Gujarat,” a statement by Tata Power said.
- The power generated from the project will be supplied to GUVNL under a power purchase agreement (PPA) valid for 25 years from the scheduled commercial operation date, according to the statement.
Banking and Finance
♦ RBI sets up panel to develop secondary market for corporate loans
- The Reserve Bank of India on Wednesday constituted a task force on development of secondary market for corporate loans.
- The six-member task force will have T. N. Manoharan, Chairman of Canara Bank, as its chairperson and will submit its report by the end of August 2019.
- The RBI said that the terms of reference of the task force would include review of the existing state of the market for loan sale or transfer in India as well as the international experience in loan trading.
- Further the task force will be required to make recommondations on “required policy or regulatory interventions for facilitating development of secondary market in corporate loans, including loan transaction platform for stressed assets”.
♦ Nigeria’s Muhammadu Buhari sworn in for second term as president
- Muhammadu Buhari has been sworn in for a second term as Nigeria’s president, following a campaign that focused on tackling security threats and rooting out corruption.
- The 76-year-old leader was sworn in on Wednesday amid tight security in the Nigerian capital Abuja. He did not make a speech during the low-profile event attended by members of the diplomatic community.
♦ James Marape elected new Papua New Guinea prime minister
- James Marape, a former finance minister and critic of a major global gas development deal, has been elected by parliament as the prime minister of Papua New Guinea (PNG).
- His election on Thursday came after weeks of political turmoil that saw his predecessor, Peter O’Neill, resign having lost the support of the House after more than seven years in power.
♦ Military Court Allows Karambir Singh To Take Charge As New Navy Chief
- A military tribunal on Wednesday allowed Vice Admiral Karambir Singh to take charge as the new Navy chief on Friday as it deferred hearing on a petition challenging his appointment by nearly seven weeks.
- Commander-in-Chief of the Andaman and Nicobar Command Vice Admiral Bimal Verma had approached the Armed Forces Tribunal (AFT) here challenging the appointment of Vice Admiral Singh as the next Navy Chief, overlooking his seniority.
- AFT allowed Vice Admiral Singh to take charge as the new Navy chief from incumbent Admiral Sunil Lanba on May 31 and that his continuation will depend on the final outcome of the case.
♦ ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 begins today
- The ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 will begin today. England will open the tournament at The Oval in London when they will take on South Africa. The match will begin at 3 PM Indian Time.
- Australia will launch their title defence on June 1 against the ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier champions Afghanistan in a day/night match in Bristol. India, the 1983 and 2011 world champions, will play their first match on June 5 against South Africa at the Hampshire Bowl in Southampton.
♦ 29 May International Everest Day
- International Everest Day is being observed today. Nepalese Tenzing Norgay and New Zealand’s Edmund Hillary had climbed the Mt. Everest on this day in 1953, as the first humans to achieve the feat.
- Nepal decided to observe the day as International Everest Day since 2008, when the legendary climber Hillary passed away.
- Everest Day on May 29 every year in memory of the first summit of Mt. Everest by Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa on the day in 1953.
- Theme 2019- “Save the Himalayas”
♦ 72nd World Health Assembly
- The 72nd World Health Assembly convened in Geneva against a backdrop of rising global health challenges, a vital year for funding replenishment, and ongoing reforms at the World Health Organization.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- The Hindu Review April 2019 in (Bilingual) | Current Affairs PDF : Download Now
- GK Capsule for IDBI Assistant Manager 2019 : Download PDF from here
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- SBI Clerk Prelims 2019 Mock Test Papers : Download PDF
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|