Daily Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 3rd June 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
Current Affairs (National)
♦ High Court declares all animals in Haryana to be ‘legal persons’
- The Punjab and Haryana High Court has accorded the status of “legal person or entity” to animals in Haryana, granting them the “corresponding rights, duties and liabilities of a living person”. The verdict comes nearly a year after Uttarakhand High Court passed a similar order “to protect and promote greater welfare of animals”.
- Both the orders were written by Justice Rajiv Sharma, who was transferred from Uttarakhand to the Punjab and Haryana High Court at Chandigarh last year.
Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya
Chief minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
♦ Arvind Kejriwal announces free metro, bus rides for women in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi government cleared Monday the proposal to make metro and bus travel free for women in the national capital. If the proposal is implemented this year, the move will cost the state government around Rs 700-800 crore, the Chief Minister said.
- Addressing the media, the Aam Aadmi Party chief said the scheme will not be imposed on anyone and that women are free to purchase tickets if they want.
Settled-6th century B.C.
Capital formation- 1911
Formation of Union Territory–1956
Formation of NCT-1 February 1992
♦ Tripura signs MoU with NCDPD to market bamboo products
- Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb Sunday said his government is exploring marketing opportunities for bamboo-based crafts and other handloom, handicraft commodities produced in the state to transform them into sustainable income generating sources. The Tripura government Sunday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with New Delhi based National Centre for Design and Product Development (NCDPD) to market all bamboo made products from the state in different parts of the country and abroad.
- Speaking to reporters after signing the MoU, Deb said, “We have signed an MoU on bamboo to ensure income generation. Bamboo can give way to higher income compared to other plants. We can’t export machines or technology to Japan or European countries. They already have those. We should focus on our traditional products which can be sold at really high prices there.”
Chief minister: Biplab Kumar Deb
Governor: Kaptan Singh Solanki
♦ Telangana enhances Rythu Bandhu scheme to Rs 5000 per acre per season
- The Telangana Government has issued a notification to extend the Rythu Bandhu scheme for 2019-20, while enhancing the amount from Rs 4000 to Rs 5000.
- The Rythu Bandu scheme ,Telangana CM K Chandrasekar Rao’s pet scheme, is aimed at providing income support to the agriculturists directly to back their crops.
- The scheme, which provides Initial Investment support to agriculture and horticulture crops through a grant of Rs 4000 per acre per farmer each season towards purchase of inputs like seeds, fertilisers, pesticides, labour and other filed operations, has now been enhanced from Rs 4000 to Rs 5000 per acre per farmer per season.
- The scheme was successfully implemented during Kharif 2018 and Rabi 2018-19. Based on the recommendations of the Commissioner and Director Agriculture, the Chief Minister had during the last legislative assembly session announced that the amount would be enhanced from Rs 4000 to Rs 5000 per acre, per season.
Founded: 2 June 2014
Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
Banking and Finance
♦ ONGC topples IOC to regain most profitable PSU tag
- ONGC, India’s top oil and gas producer, has toppled Indian Oil Corp (IOC) to regain crown of being the country’s most profitable public sector company.
- According to earnings statements of the listed companies, Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) reported a 34 percent jump its in 2018-19 fiscal net profit to Rs 26,716 crore.
- In comparison, IOC registered a net profit of Rs 17.274 crore for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2019.
- ONGC, in the previous two financial years, had lost the most profitable PSU tag to IOC.
Headquarters: Vasant Kunj, Delhi
CEO: Shashi Shanker
Owner: Government of India
Headquarters: New Delhi
Chairperson: Sanjiv Sing
♦ Ajit Doval reappointed as National Security Advisor
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the reappointment of Ajit Doval as National Security Advisor (NSA).
- Mr. Doval, who served as the NSA in the previous Narendra Modi–led government, has been accorded a Cabinet Minister’s rank in the table of precedence this time.
- “His appointment will be co-terminus with the term of the Prime Minister or until further orders, whichever is earlier,” according to an order issued on June 2 by P.K. Tripathi, Secretary, Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC).
♦ Nayib Bukele sworn in as president of El Salvador
- In the Central American country of El Salvador, Nayib Bukele has been sworn-in as the nation’s President.
- Bukele was sworn-in by the Speaker of the National Assembly in downtown San Salvador. Delegations from 83 countries attended the ceremony.
- Bukele said, he will seek closer ties with the United States, which is home to some 2.5 million Salvadorans.
- Bukele was elected in February to succeed Salvador Sanchez Ceren, a leftist former guerrilla.
Capital: San Salvador
Currency: United States Dollar
♦ SpiceJet chief Ajay Singh elected to IATA (International Air Transport Association) board
- SpiceJet chief Ajay Singh was elected to the board of the IATA, less than 3 months after the airline joined the global grouping
- The new board of the global airlines’ grouping would be chaired by Lufthansa CEO Carsten Spohr, who took charge after the conclusion of the IATA annual general meeting on 2 June.
Headquarters: Montreal, Canada
Membership: 290 airlines in 120 countries
Founded: 19 April 1945, Havana, Cuba
♦ Liverpool wins UEFA Champions League Trophy, beats Tottenham Hotspur 2-0
- Liverpool’s 2-0 victory is the sixth time it has won the European title in the club’s history. An early goal from Mohamed Salah and a late one from Divock Origi gave Liverpool a 2-0 win.
♦ 3 June World Bicycle Day
- The cycling community in Mangaluru celebrated World Bicycle Day, falling on June 3, by organising group rides on Sunday, to popularise the use of bicycles in daily life.
- Members of Mangalore Bicycle Club, along with members of Cycling Buddies, participated in a 25-km group ride to create awareness among people about the benefits of cycling.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- May 2019 Monthly One liner Current affairs| Date-Wise : Download PDF
- The Hindu Review April 2019 in (Bilingual) | Current Affairs PDF : Download Now
- GK Capsule for IDBI Assistant Manager 2019 : Download PDF from here
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- SBI Clerk Prelims 2019 Mock Test Papers : Download PDF
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|