Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 1 and 2 August 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦West Bengal launches awareness campaign for preserving greenery and keeping environment clean
- The West Bengal Government has launched an awareness campaign for preserving the greenery and keeping the environment clean.
- The State Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee launched the campaign named as ‘Save Green, Stay Clean’ in Kolkata this afternoon.
- Ms. Banerjee took part in a Padayatra for this purpose. Speaking on the occasion she said that the state government will observe this day every year for protecting greenery.
- The Chief Minister informed that during her 8 years ruling, the percentage of tree plantation has gone up to 19 percent from 11 percent of Left Regime.
Note : About West Bengal
- Capital: Kolkata
- Chief minister: Mamata Banerjee
- Population: 9.03 crores (2012)
International (Current Affairs)
♦London named the world’s best city for students
- London has been named the world’s best city for students for the second consecutive year, beating Tokyo and Melbourne that came second and third, respectively, on a new worldwide rankings released on Wednesday.
- The QS Best Student Cities Ranking compiled by global education consultancy QS Quacquarelli Symonds highlights each city’s performance across different categories.
- The number of Indians moving to London for higher studies rose by 20% in 2017-18, marking an increase from 4,545 in 2016-17 to 5,455 in 2017-18.
Banking and Financial
♦India behind UK, France as 7th largest economy in the world in 2018: World Bank
- India has slipped to the 7th position in the global GDP rankings in 2018, marginally behind the UK and France, according to World Bank data. As per earlier data, India ($2.597 trillion) was on the 6th position in 2017, ahead of just France ($2.582 trillion).
- But, latest data suggests India was in fact the fifth-largest economy ahead of even the UK . India was at $2.65 trillion, while the UK’s GDP was at $2.64 trillion, followed by France at $2.5 trillion in 2017.
- The US remains the top economy with a GDP of $20.5 trillion in 2018. China was the second largest economy with $13.6 trillion, while Japan took the third place with $5 trillion. India’s GDP was at $2.7 trillion in 2018, while UK and France were at $2.8 trillion.
♦GST collection grows 5.8% to Rs 1.02 lakh crore in July
- July GST collections rise 5.8% over the same month last year; Over Rupees one lakh crores collected as Gross revenue for the month with domestic component of GST from April to July growing by 9.2%.
- GST collection in July surpassed the Rs one-lakh-crore mark. As per data released by the government on Thursday, the total mop-up under Goods and Services Tax was reported to be Rs 1.02 lakh crore in July 2019.
- GST collection in July 2019 showed a year-on-year growth of 5.8 per cent over the revenue of Rs 96,483 crore reported in July 2018.
- During April-July 2019 vis-a-vis 2018, the domestic component has grown by 9.2 per cent while the GST on imports has come down by 0.2 per cent and the total collection has grown by 6.83 per cent.
♦CRISIL scales down India’s GDP growth estimate to 6.9% for FY20
- Saying that the outlook for a spurt in consumption and private investment looks bleak in the short term, rating agency CRISIL has revised its growth estimate for 2019-20 (FY20) to 6.9 per cent, from its earlier estimate of 7.1 per cent.
- But it also said that the current economic slowdown is not as bad as the one India went through in 2012-13 and 2013-14, but akin to that in 2009, when the recovery was quick.
- The economy will pick up in the second half of the fiscal year, but will remain sluggish in the first half, it said in its report on the economic outlook.
- After two years of poor growth in corporate profits but relatively better revenue growth, FY20 might show the opposite, with profit growth overtaking revenue growth.
Note- About CRISIL
- CEO: Ashu Suyash
- Headquarters: Mumbai
♦Postal dept decides to convert India Post Payments Bank to a SFB
- The postal department said it has decided to convert the India Post Payments Bank into a small finance bank, enabling it to offer small loans to customers.
- Besides, the department looks to open one crore accounts for IPPB in 100 days.
- The decisions were taken at the annual Heads of Circles Conference held at Srinagar in Jammu and Kashmir from July 29-31, 2019 to adopt a 100-day action plan and a five-year vision to align the Department of Posts with the Prime Minister’s New India initiative, a statement from the postal department said.
- The decision included “Converting the India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) into a Small Finance Bank (SFB) to provide micro credit at the doorsteps to individuals and SME’s. Targeting the milestone of one crore accounts for IPPB in 100 days” among several other steps.
♦Journalist Ravish Kumar among 2019 Ramon Magsaysay award winners
- Indian journalist Ravish Kumar has been awarded the 2019 Ramon Magsaysay Award for “harnessing journalism to give voice to the voiceless”.
- He is among five individuals who were declared winners of the award. The other winners of the award, dubbed ‘Asia’s premier prize and highest honour’, include Myanmar’s Ko Swe Win, also a journalist; Thailand’s Angkhana Neelapajit, human rights activist; Philippines’ Raymundo Pujante Cayabyab, musician; and South Korea’s Kim Jong-Ki, an activist working with violence and mental health issues in youth.
- Kumar, 44, who is NDTV India’s senior executive editor is one of India’s most influential TV journalists, the award citation said. Kumar’s “Prime Time” programme “deals with real-life, under-reported problems of ordinary people”,
- To Know More About Ramon Magsaysay award
♦Ruhan Rajput honoured with ‘Entrepreneur of the Year Award, 2019’ for excellence in service sector
- Ruhan Rajput, a renowned entrepreneur, co-founder and Director of Einfolge Technologies Pvt Ltd was awarded with the prestigious Entrepreneur Award 2019 at JW Marriot Hotel, New Delhi.
- He won award on 18 July in the category of ‘Entrepreneur of the Year in Service Business – BPO/KPO’.
- Ruhan was acknowledged for his contributions and achievements in the business industry. His company, namely, Einfolge Technologies Pvt Ltd is one of the leading players in knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) industry. The company operates to provide comprehensive research, analysis and expert solutions to its clients.
♦Kapil Dev honoured with Bharat Gaurav Award
- East Bengal club will officially start the centenary celebrations on its foundation day with a glittering ceremony at the Netaji Indoor Stadium.
- East Bengal club will be awarded India’s first cricket World Cup-winning captain Kapil Dev with its highest honour, Bharat Gaurav. Kapil is no stranger to football as he had donned the club’s colours in an exhibition match against Mohun Bagan in 1992.
- Former India captains Manoranjan Bhattacharya and Bhaskar Ganguly will be honoured with lifetime achievement award. Iconic footballer P.K. Banerjee will be conferred with the ‘Coach of Coaches’ award.
- Kapil had signed for East Bengal on June 22, 1992, and played for 27 minutes six days later as a substitute forward in an exhibition match against arch-rivals Mohun Bagan.
♦World Cadet Wrestling competition: Sonam bags Gold for India
- In the ongoing World Cadet Wrestling competition in Sofia, Bulgaria, Indian wrestler Sonam Malik won Gold in 65kg category; She beat Binbin Xiang 7-1 in the final.
- Wrestlers in under 18 categories are competing for a total of 30 gold medals — 20 out of them for men’s events in Greco-Roman, and freestyle wrestling and 10 others in the women’s categories.
- The seven-day tournament at the Armeets Arena will run through August 4.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here