Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 10 & 11 August 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current affairs)
♦Jharkhand Govt launched Mukhyamantri Krishi Ashirwad Yojana
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu on August 10 launched the Jharkhand government’s ‘Mukhya Mantri Krishi Ashirwad Yojana’ under which money would be directly transferred into the bank accounts of farmers in the state.
- Benefit- Under the scheme, Rs 5,000 is govt given to those farmers having one acre or less agricultural land, Rs 10,000 to those having two acres, Rs 15,000 for having three acres, Rs 20,000 for having four acres and Rs 25,000 for having five acres of agricultural land.
Note- About Jharkhand
- Capital: Ranchi
- Governor- Draupadi Murmu
- Chief minister: Raghubar Das
- Population: 3.19 crores (2012)
♦Every child to get Rotavirus vaccine
- The Health Ministry has drawn an ambitious plan under the 100 days agenda of the newly elected government, wherein it has been decided to provide Rotavirus vaccine to every child across all States and Union Territories by September, 2019,” Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said on Friday.
♦Green Signal for Shaheed Dweep in Andaman & Nicobar
- The environment ministry’s expert committee on Coastal projects has given the go aheadfor construction of a ₹172 crore premium category island resort at ‘Shaheed Dweep’ in Andaman & Nicobar.
- The move comes within months of the green ministry easing up coastal zone rules and the Centre announcing ambitious island development projects in Anadman & Nicibar and Lakshadweep.
Note- About Anadman & Nicibar
- Established-1 November 1956
- Capital – Port Blair
♦KVIC launches new scheme “Leather Mission” on World Tribal Day
- The Khadi and Village Industry Commission (KVIC) on Friday distributed 50 leather kits and 350 bee-boxes in Rajasthan’s Sirohi district on the World Tribal Day.
- KVIC Chairman Vinai Kumar Saxena launched “Leather Mission” under which the commission will give leather kits to the leather artisans across the nation.
- “It will not only increase their incomes in manifold, but will also inspire the traditional leather artisans to adopt this vocation again – who had migrated to other jobs from their traditional skill.
♦India to roll out ‘One Nation One Ration Card’ Scheme
- In a bid to implement ‘One Nation, One Ration Card’ across the country by June 1, 2020, the Centre on Friday kick-started inter-state portability of ration card between Telangana-Andhra Pradesh as well as Maharashtra-Gujarat.
- This means beneficiaries living in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh can buy their quota of ration from the Public Distribution System (PDS), also called ration shops, in either of the states. Similar would be the case in Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Launching the inter-state portability, Food Minister Ram Vilas Paswan.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Trump Identifies India among 20 Drug Transit, Narcotic-Producing Countries
- US President Donald Trump has designated India among the over 20 major drug transit or illicit drug-producing countries.
- In a memorandum to secretary of state Mike Pompeo on Thursday, Trump said that a country’s presence on the list is not necessarily a reflection of its government’s counter-narcotic efforts or level of cooperation with the US.
- The countries identified in the list are Afghanistan, The Bahamas, Belize, Bolivia, Burma, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Jamaica, Laos, Mexico, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Panama, Peru and Venezuela.
Banking and Financial
♦Indian Bank signs agreement with Cholamandalam MS for bancassurance
- Public sector Indian Bank on Friday signed a corporate agency agreement with Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company for distribution of its insurance products to bank customers.
- According to the agreement, Cholamandalam MS, a Murugappa Group company, would sell its range of insurance policies to customers of Indian Bank.
- On the signing of agreement, Indian Bank Managing Director and CEO, Padmaja Chunduru said, “The partnership will greatly benefit our customers and through this alliance, our customers will get a wide range of innovative products“.
Note- About Indian Bank
- Headquarters: Chennai
- CEO: Padmaja Chunduru
- Tagline- Your Own Bank
♦Govt Launches New GDP Series to Align with Global Practice
- The government has come out with a linked back-series of India’s growth numbers from 1950-51 to 2003-04, with 2011-12 as the base year, to align gross domestic product numbers from past years with the new internationally accepted methodology and facilitate comparisons.
- “Whenever a new series of National Accounts Statistics is introduced with an updated base period, it is customary to link the old series to the series on the new base period,” the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation said in a statement on Friday.
♦Bajrang wins gold at Tbilisi
- India’s top two wrestlers continued their impressive run this season with Bajrang Punia defending his title at Tbilisi Grand Prix and Vinesh Phogat reaching her fourth final at Medved event.
- Bajrang prevailed 2-0 over Iran’s Peiman Bibyani in the 65kg final of the men’s free style competition in the capital city of Georgia.
♦BCCI Under NADA, Becomes National Sports Federation
- Ending years of defiance, the BCCI on Friday agreed to come under the ambit of the National Anti-Doping Agency, a landmark decision that makes Indian cricket’s governing body a sports federation as per government norms despite being financially autonomous.
♦Hyderabad Open badminton: Sourabh won title
- Reigning National champion Sourabh Verma capped an impressive week at the Hyderabad Open with a thrilling win over Singapore’s Loh Kean Yew in the summit clash to claim the men’s singles title in Hyderabad on Sunday.
Book and Author
♦Home Minister Amit Shah releases book on VP M Venkaiah Naidu’s two years in office
- Home Minister Amit Shah today released a book titled “Listening, Learning & Leading” chronicling the two years in office by Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu.
- The book was released in Chennai at a function organised by Information and Broadcasting Ministry.
- The Vice-President and the Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar were present on the occasion.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|