Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 10 July 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Utah’s Arches National Park certified as International Dark Sky Park
- Utah – Arches National Park in southern Utah is now certified as an International Dark Sky Park.
- The National Park Service and the International Dark-Sky Association said in a joint announcement Friday that the designation recognizes the park’s “quality night skies and a commitment to protecting and sharing natural darkness.
- According to the group’s website, an IDA International Dark Sky Park (IDSP) is a “land possessing an exceptional or distinguished quality of starry nights and a nocturnal environment that is specifically protected for its scientific, natural, educational, cultural heritage, and/or public enjoyment.”
♦Haryana launches ‘Meri Fasal Mera Byora’ portal for farmers
- The Haryana government Thursday announced the launch of ‘Meri Fasal Mera Byora’ portal whereby farmers can avail benefits of several government schemes directly after uploading their crop-related details.
- Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched the portal here Thursday evening.
- This simple system will enable farmers to self-report their land and crop details and help them receive benefits of several government schemes directly, officials said.
- The portal — www.fasalhry.in — has brought the departments of agriculture and farmers welfare, revenue, food civil supplies and consumer affairs and science and technology on a single platform for the betterment of the farmers, they added.
Note- About Haryana
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya
- Chief minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
♦Govt approves changes in POCSO Act, includes death penalty for sexual offences against children
- The Union Cabinet on July 10 approved amendments to the POCSO Act, which deals with crime against children, and included death penalty for sexual assault on minors, officials said.
- The amendments in the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act also provide for fines and imprisonment to curb child pornography.
- The changes are expected to discourage the trend of child sexual abuse by acting as a deterrent due to strong penal provisions incorporated in the Act, the government said.
- “It intends to protect the interest of vulnerable children in times of distress and ensures their safety and dignity. The amendment is aimed to establish clarity regarding the aspects of child abuse and punishment.
♦Vihaan Networks signs pact with Vietnam to develop digital villages
- Telecom equipment and solutions provider Vihaan Networks Ltd (VNL) has inked a pact with Vietnam to offer solutions for advancing rural connectivity by developing digital villages in Vietnam’s underserved areas, the company said.
- A visiting delegation, led by Phan Xuan Dung, MP, Chairman of Committee on Science, Technology and Environmental Affairs, Vietnam, expressed interest in connecting unserved and underserved remote villages in Vietnam through solar-based cellular and broadband solution — a similar model developed by VNL in Karenda, a village in Rajasthan, situated 80 km from Delhi.
Note –About Vietnam
- Capital: Hanoi
- Currency: Vietnamese dong
Banking and Financial
♦Centre allocates Rs 75,000 cr for PM-KISAN to cover 145 million farmers
- Nirmala Sitharaman has allocated Rs 12,000 crore less in the Budget for financial year 2019-20 towards the government’s flagship income support scheme, PM-Kisan, which has been extended to cover all farmers now.
- The Budget has provided Rs 75,000 crore for the scheme, where as the Cabinet had approved the expansion of the scheme with an estimated expenditure of Rs 87,000 crore for 2019-20 on May 1, 2019. Rs 75,000 crore was the estimated expenditure if only small and marginal farmers (who owned less than two hectares of land) were to be covered, as was proposed in the interim Budget presented by Piyush Goyal. After that the Cabinet had extended the scheme to all farmers in line with what was promised by the BJP in its election manifesto.
- In fact, a footnote in the full Budget for 2019-20 also says that the sum is meant to provide income support to ‘all’ farmer families across the country.
- It also says about 145 million farmer families are expected to be covered under the scheme in 2019-20, which is the total number of farmer households in the country.
♦Second India-Russia Strategic Economic Dialogue held in New Delhi
- The Second India-Russia Strategic Economic Dialogue (IRSED) was held today in New Delhi, under the chairmanship of Dr. Rajiv Kumar, Vice-Chairman, National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog and Mr. Timur Maksimov, Deputy Minister of the Economic Development of the Russian Federation.
- The Second meeting of the IRSED focussed on six core areas of cooperation, namely, Development of Transport Infrastructure and Technologies; Development of Agriculture and Agro-Processing sector; Small and Medium Business support; Digital Transformation and Frontier Technologies; Cooperation in Trade, Banking, Finance, and Industry; and Tourism & Connectivity.
Note- About Russia
- Capital: Moscow Trending
- Currency: Russian ruble
- President: Vladimir Putin
♦Arun Kumar appointed as DGCA chief
- Arun Kumar, additional secretary in the Ministry of Civil Aviation, will now be holding the full-time charge of the head of aviation regulator Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), an official order said on 9 July.
- “The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of Arun Kumar, Additional Secretary and Financial Advisor, Ministry of Civil Aviation as Director General in the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) in the rank and pay of Additional Secretary,” said the order issued by the Department of Personnel and Training.
- Kumar was heading the DGCA as an additional charge between 31 May and 9 July this year. Kumar is an IAS officer of 1989 batch of Haryana cadre.
♦Dutee Chand wins 100m gold in World Universiade, creates history
- National record holder Dutee Chand became the first Indian woman track and field athlete to clinch a gold medal in the World Universiade after she won the 100m dash event in Napoli.
- The 23-year-old Dutee clocked 11.32 seconds to win the gold as she led the race from start to finish.
- Running at lane number 4, Dutee was the first one out of the eight athletes to blast off the starting blocks and she made most of it to fend of a late challenge from Del Ponte (11.33) of Switzerland.
- Lisa KwaYie of Germany took the bronze in 11.39 seconds in the race run past midnight Indian time on Tuesday.
♦Mexico beats US to lift 8th Gold Cup
- Mexico’s men’s soccer team have won their record eighth Gold Cup by defeating the United States in the final. The loss for the US men came hours after the women’s team lifted its second consecutive World Cup title.
Note- About Mexico
- Capital: Mexico City
- Currency: Peso
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|