Table of Contents
Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 10 September 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India, Nepal inaugurate Motihari-Amlekhganj oil pipeline
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Nepal counterpart K.P. Sharma Oli on 10 September jointly inaugurated the Motihari-Amlekhganj energy pipeline, via video link.
- Project Details: Project 69-km Motihari-Amlekhganj pipeline, having a capacity of 2 million metric ton per annum will provide cleaner petroleum products at affordable costs to the people of Nepal.
Note: About Nepal
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Currency: Nepalese rupee
- Prime minister: KP Sharma Oli
♦Hurricane Dorian: India announces $1 mln disaster relief aid for Bahamas
- India on 8 September announced disaster relief aid of $1 million to help people in the Bahamas affected by Hurricane Dorian.
- Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said The #Bahamas in this difficult moment, the Government of India is extending an immediate disaster relief of $ 1 million.
Note: About Bahamas
- Capital: Nassau Trending
- Currency: Bahamian dollar
♦India Post Payments Bank unveils Aadhaar-linked service
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has announced launch of the Aadhaar-enabled payment services (AePS) for unbanked and under-banked people.
- Speaking at the first IPPB anniversary celebrations in New Delhi on 9 September, Union IT and Communications Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said the bank, which achieved the 1-crore-customer milestone, had been asked to make it to 5 crore customers in the next one year.
♦Kerala to set up country’s first global trade centre for women
- Kerala will set up the country’s first International Women’s Trade Centre (iWTC), in consonance with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), in Kozhikode.
- The first phase of iWTC, being executed under the Gender Park’s “Vision 2020”, is scheduled to be completed by 2021.
- Purpose: “This forward-looking venture will fulfill the need for providing a platform to help women break the glass ceiling by overcoming social barriers in their way and forge ahead as successful entrepreneurs.
♦Prime Minister to Launch Kisan Man Dhan Yojana on the 12th of September
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi shall launch the Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana on the 12th of September at Ranchi, Jharkhand.
- About Scheme: The Scheme shall secure the lives of 5 Crore Small and Marginal Farmers by providing a minimum pension of Rs 3000 per month, to those who attain 60 years of age.
- The scheme has an outlay of Rs 10,774 Crores for the next three years.
- All the small and marginal farmers who are currently between the ages of 18 to 40 years can apply for the scheme.
Banking and Financial
♦RBI to launch mobile app for visually impaired it’ll help them identify banknotes
- Reserve Bank of India has selected a vendor to develop a mobile phone based application for them. The RBI on September 6 had told the Bombay High Court that an internet connection would not be required for its proposed mobile application which would help visually impaired people identify currency notes.
- As many as 16 vendors had shown interest in developing the mobile phone based application and five made to “final ranking”, said a RBI document. Daffodil Software Pvt Ltd has been selected to develop the application, it added.
- Identification of banknote denomination is key to successful completion of cash-based transactions by visually impaired persons.
Appointment & Resign
♦Govt. Appoints Justice Vikram Nath as Chief Justice of Gujarat High Court
- The Central government has notified the appointment of Justice Vikram Nath as Chief Justice of Gujarat High Court.
- Earlier this year, the Collegium had proposed that Justice Nath be appointed the first Chief Justice of the Andhra Pradesh High Court.
- Vikram Nath Background: Justice Nath obtained his law degree in 1986. Following his enrolment in 1987, he practised in the Allahabad High Court. He was appointed an additional judge of the Allahabad High Court in 2004. He was made a permanent judge of the Allahabad High Court in 2006 where he is currently serving.
♦Jack Ma officially retires as Alibaba’s chairman
- Jack Ma stepped down as Alibaba’s chairman 10 September, handing the role over to the company’s current CEO, Daniel Zhang.
- Ma will continue serving on Alibaba’s board until its annual general shareholders’ meeting next year. He also remains a lifetime partner of Alibaba Partnership, a group drawn from the senior management ranks of Alibaba Group.
Note: About Alibaba
- CEO: Daniel Zhang
- Founded: 4 April 1999
- Founders: Jack Ma, Joseph C. Tsai, Peng Lei, Trudy Dai
- Chinese multinational conglomerate holding company specializing in e-commerce, retail, Internet, and technology.
♦Sarala Puraskar for Odia writer Pradeep Dash
- Odia writer Pradeep Dash will be conferred with the 40th edition of prestigious Sarala Puraskar for his poetry work Charu Chibar O Charjya.
- The annual award, comprising a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh and a citation, will be presented at a special function.
- Two more notable personalities of Odisha will be honoured for their valuable contribution in the field of music and art. While Pandit Harmohan Khuntia will be awarded ‘Ila Panda Sangeet Samman’, Lalat Mohan Patnaik will receive ‘Ila Panda Chitrakala Samman’.
♦PV Sindhu is the highest paid woman athlete in India
- PV Sindhu currently pockets Rs 65-85 lakh per day for an endorsement per day, which goes up to Rs 1.5 crore in certain cases. Post her recent win, sports consultants believe a hike of 50-70 per cent over and above her current fee is likely. “At the moment, Sindhu is the highest paid woman athlete in India.
- According to Forbes, Sindhu earns Rs 35 crore (approximately) from brand endorsement deals annually. The badminton star has endorsements with Bank of Baroda, PNB MetLife, Vizag Steel, Bridgestone, Stayfree, Moov, Nokia, JBL, Gatorade and Panasonic Batteries.
- Total earnings of 5 million dollars, Sindhu tied for the 13th place with Thai golfer Ariya Jutanugarn
- Career: PV Sindhu became the first Indian to bag Gold at BWF World Championships. She has also won two silver medals in the same event in 2017 and 2018. She won silver at the 2018 Commonwealth Games in Australia. Before that, the badminton star created history when she won a silver medal at the 2016 Rio Olympics.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here