Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 11 December 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
Banking and Financial
♦Asian Development Bank cuts India growth forecast to 5.1% for 2019-20
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) on 11th December lowered India’s economic growth forecast for FY2019 to 5.1 per cent on slowing job prospects, rural distress exacerbated by poor harvest and credit crunch.
- The multilateral bank, however, expects the growth to pick up to 6.5 per cent next year on supportive government policies.
- “Also, consumption was affected by slow job growth and rural distress aggravated by a poor harvest. Growth should pick up to 6.5 per cent in fiscal year 2020 with supportive policies.
Note: Other organization GDP Forecast 2019-20
- RBI -5%
- World Bank-6%
- India Ratings & Research-5.6%
♦Suniel Shetty signed as anti-doping brand ambassador
- Actor Suniel Shetty has been selected as the brand ambassador of NADA here on 10th December and the country’s anti-doping body is hoping that his celebrity status helps its efforts to clean up sports in the country from the menace.
- More than 150 athletes have failed dope tests this year though bodybuilders make up more than one-third of these offenders. This is not a welcome sign with less than eight months to go for the Tokyo Olympic Games.
♦PUMA signs Sunil Chhetri as brand ambassador for three years
- Indian men’s football team captain Sunil Chhetri has signed a three-year deal with PUMA.
- The Bengaluru FC skipper is currently the second-highest goal-scorer in international football after Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo. Chhetri has now joined the list of global players like France’s Antoine Griezmann, Belgium’s Romelu Lukaku, Uruguay’s Luis Suarez and Argentina’s Sergio Aguero among others.
Note: About PUMA
- Founder: Rudolf Dassler
- Founded: 1948, Herzogenaurach, Germany
♦Salman Khan appointed as Pepsi’s new brand ambassador
- Food and beverage giant PepsiCo has roped in Bollywood actor Salman Khan as the new face of its flagship Pepsi brand of carbonated beverage in India. To note, the actor has been the face of rival Coca-Cola’s popular ThumsUp brand for years and was recently seen promoting Parle Agro-backed soft drink Appy Fizz.
- In recent times, Coca Cola was seen signing sponsorship deals for Indian Premier League and the Cricket World Cup with Star India and ICC, respectively.
♦Odisha’s Jaga Mission Wins Bronze At World Habitat Awards
- State government’s Odisha Liveable Habitat Mission (OLHM) also known as Jaga Mission has won the bronze medal at the World Habitat Awards on 11th December.
- The State government’s initiative has been awarded for granting land rights and upgrading slums through state-wide government legislation.
- A few days ago, Odisha had also bagged ‘India Geospatial Excellence Award’ along with Tata Trusts for technological innovation in empowering the urban poor through Jaga Mission.
Note: About Odisha
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
♦ISRO launches RISAT-2BR1 & 9 customer satellites by PSLV-C48
- On the 50th mission of its workhorse PSLV, ISRO successfully launches an advanced earth observation satellite RISAT-2BR1 and 9 other international customer satellites onboard the PSLV C-48 on 11th December.
- All 9 customer satellites from Israel, Italy, Japan and USA were successfully placed in their designated orbit by PSLV C48.
Note: About ISRO
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
♦13th South Asian Games concludes at Kathmandu
- 13th South Asian Games concluded in Nepal on 10th December evening; Thousands of sports lovers witnessed gala closing ceremony held at historic Dasaratha Rangshala in Kathmandu. Deputy Prime Minister of Nepal, Ishwar Pokharel graced the occasion as Chief Guest.
- India finished on top with 312 medals comprising 174 gold, 93 silver and 45 bronze. Host Nepal remained second and Sri Lanka got third place.
♦GS Lakshmi to become first woman referee to oversee a men’s ODI match
- Former India cricketer GS Lakshmi is set to become the first woman match referee to oversee a men’s ODI when she officiates the opening match of the third series of the World Cup League 2 in the United Arab Emirates on 8th December.
- Lakshmi will oversee the match between the United Arab Emirates and the United States of America at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium. The competition aims to provide development opportunities for officials.
- This is the second significant achievement for Lakshmi this year, following her appointment as the first woman onto the ICC International Panel of Match Referees in May.
♦11th December: UNICEF Day
- The United Nations General Assembly created UNICEF on December 11, 1946, as the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund. The program was initiated by the UN to improve the health, nutrition, education, and general welfare of children devastated due to World War II.
- In 1950, UNICEF’s mandate was extended and in 1953, it broader its mission and became a permanent part of the United Nations System.
♦11th December: International Mountain Day
- International Mountain Day is observed on December 11 every year since 2003. As per the United Nations, mountains are home to 15 per cent of the world’s population and a quarter of the world’s animals and plants.
- Theme 2019: ‘Mountains Matter for Youth’.
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here