Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 11th July 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦RPF launched “Operation Thirst”, an All India Drive to crack down selling of unauthorised Packaged Drinking Water
- During peak summer season there is heavy demand of drinking water. Due to closure of schools & festive/marriage season, the number of passenger travelling by railways also increases and so the demand of drinking water.
- To curb the menace of unauthorized PDW (PACKAGED DRINKING WATER) in Railway premises, an all India drive named “Operation Thirst” was launched on 08th & 09th July 2019 on the direction of DG/RPF, Railway Board, New Delhi where all the Zonal Principal Chief Security Commissioners (PCSC) were asked to crackdown these unauthorised activities. Almost all major stations over Indian Railway were covered during this operation.
♦India’s first elephant rehabilitation centre in the works at Kerala’s Kottoor
- The Kerala government is working to set up the country’s first elephant rehabilitation centre in Kottoor, an ecotourism village near the state capital Thiruvananthapuram. The first phase of the Rs 105 crore-project was launched last month by chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
- The centre, expected to have an elephant museum, mahout training centre, super-specialty hospital, a retirement home and crematorium for the animals, will house orphaned, injured and older elephants. It is being planned on the lines of the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage in Sri Lanka.
Note- About Kerala
- Governor-P. Sathasivam
- Chief Minister-Pinarayi Vijayan
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
♦Prasar Bharati signs MoU with IIT Kanpur for research collaboration in newly emerging technologies
- Prasar Bharati and Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur today signed a Memorandum of Understanding for research collaboration in newly emerging technologies and broadcasting-related areas in New Delhi.
- The move is likely to boost research activities in the broadcasting field. Chief Executive Officer of Prasar Bharati Shashi Shekhar Vempati and Director, IIT Kanpur Abhay Karandikar were present at this juncture.
- Direct to mobile broadcasting, Convergence of 5G, Artificial Intelligence Incubation Centre by Prasar Bharati and student internship for students of IIT, Kanpur at Prasar Bharati are among the main areas in the research collaboration.
Note- About Prasar Bharati
- CEO: Shashi Shekhar Vempati
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 23 November 1997
♦PM Gram Sadak Yojana gets Cabinet Committee go-ahead at Rs 80,250 cr
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved the launch of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana-lll (PMGSY-III) at an estimated cost of Rs 80,250 crore. It involves consolidation through routes and major rural links connecting habitations to Gramin Agricultural Markets, Higher Secondary Schools and Hospitals.
- Under the PMGSY-III Scheme, it is proposed to consolidate 125,000 km road length in the states. It will entail an estimated cost of Rs 80,250 crore (central share Rs 53,800 crore, state share- Rs 26,450 crore). The funds would be shared in the ratio of 60:40 between the Centre and states for all states except for eight North Eastern and three Himalayan States (Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh & Uttarakhand), where it is 90:10.
- The states shall be asked to enter into an MoU before launching of PMGSY-III in the state concerned for providing adequate funds for maintenance of roads constructed under PMGSY post five-year construction maintenance period.
Banking and Financial
♦RBI panel moots change in timings for foreign exchange market
- An internal committee of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), which was set up to review timings of different financial markets, suggested that the foreign exchange market could function from 9 am to 9 pm At present, the currency market works from 9 am to 5 pm.
- “Calibrated extension of market hours, and to begin with, revised market timings of 9 am — 9 pm, may be considered to gauge demand and potential benefits,” the draft report of the committee said.
♦MoU between NSIC and CSC
- An Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC), the PSU under this Ministry and Common Service Centres (CSC), e- Governance Services India Ltd. on 22-06-2019 for enhancing new offerings for the MSME sector by synergizing each others’ competence.
- As per MoU, CSC will facilitate enrolment of Village Level Enterprises (VLEs) on the NSIC portal www.msmemart.com in order to utilise plethora of services provided to MSMEs, facilitate various services of NSIC to other MSMEs, disseminate information regarding NSIC services to its network of VLEs, develop & manage App for data collection of NSICs, maintain the MIS of the project and to provide data/APIs for integration with NSIC portal.
♦BCC signs MoU with BRICS chamber to promote trade
- The Bharat Chamber of Commerce, (BCC) and the BRICS Chamber of Commerce and Industry, New Delhi, signed an MoU on Tuesday for promoting trade and investments between the BRICS countries and the eastern part of India, in particular.
- Members of the BRICS are Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
- The MoU was signed by BCC president Sitaram Sharma and BRICS Chamber of Commerce and Industry Director General B B L Madhukar, a statement said here.
- “The BCC is looking forward to working closely with the BRICS Chamber of Commerce to foster trade, technological and industrial cooperation between West Bengal and BRICS countries.
- The MoU will enable both the BCC and the BRICS chamber to share trade related information and exchange trade delegations among the five countries of the group.
Note- About BRICS
- Founded: June 2006
- Headquarters location: Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
- Founders: India, China, Brazil, Russia
♦Defence Ministry signs MoU with IPFC and NRDC
- The Defence Ministry on Wednesday signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the Intellectual Property Facilitation Cell (IPFC), and National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) in connection to the Mission Raksha Gyan Shakti.
- The partnership between IPFC and NRDC is expected to bridge the capacity shortfall and provide a major fillip to the ongoing efforts of the Defence Ministry towards promoting a culture of Innovation and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) in the Defence industry.
- It should be noted that Mission Raksha Gyan Shakti, conceptualised by Ajay Kumar, Secretary, Defence Production, was formally launched by former Defence Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman, last November, with an aim to inculcate Intellectual Property culture in Indian defence manufacturing ecosystem.
♦Sunil Chhetri and Ashalata Devi bag top honours at AIFF Awards
- Indian men’s football team captain Sunil Chhetri and women’s footballer Ashalata Devi bagged the top honours at the All India Football Federation’s AIFF Awards on Tuesday.
- Chhetri was named the men’s footballer of the year, while the title in the women’s category was won by Devi.
- The Bengaluru FC and India skipper, who scored a brace in India’s loss to Tajikistan in the opening match of the Intercontinental Cup, won the award for the third consecutive year.
♦Commonwealth Championships: Indian weightlifters win seven gold medals on second day
- Rakhi Halder and Davinder Kaur won a gold medal each in the senior women’s section as Indian weightlifters continued their impressive show on the second day of the Commonwealth Championships on Wednesday.
- India also won five other gold medals in the junior and youth sections.
- The Commonwealth Championships are being held simultaneously together for the youth, junior and senior categories.
Note- About Commonwealth
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- Founder: Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Founded: 11 December 1931
♦World Population Day 11 July
- World Population Day, which seeks to focus attention on the urgency and importance of population issues, was established by the then-Governing Council of the United Nations Development Programme in 1989, an outgrowth of the interest generated by the Day of Five Billion, which was observed on 11 July 1987.
- This year’s World Population Day calls for global attention to the unfinished business of the 1994 International Conference on Population and Development. Twenty-five years have passed since that landmark conference, where 179 governments recognized that reproductive health and gender equality are essential for achieving sustainable development.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|