Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 12 & 13 October 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ PM Modi chairs meeting on ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’ programme
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired a meeting on ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’ programme. The programme was announced by the Prime Minister in 2015 on the 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- About “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat” programme: ‘Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat’ is a personal initiative of the Prime Minister that highlights India’s diversity and furthers national unity. The goal behind this unique Mission is to develop a holistic national perspective on important issues and encourage the celebration of India’s vibrant regional cultures.
♦ India jumps to 7th spot in Brand Finance Nation ranking
- India jumped two levels to 7th position in the Brand Finance Nation ranking of 2019 despite the reduction in the overall economic growth due to slowdown in the manufacturing and construction sectors.
- latest report by independent brand valuation consultancy Brand Finance.
- Last year, Canada was at the 7th position which has dropped to 8th position. South Korea, which was at the 10th position last year has managed to jump a level up to reach the 9th position. US, China and Germany continued to be the top three nations, respectively even in 2019.
|USA (Rank-1)||$27,751 bn|
|China (Rank-2)||$19,486 bn|
|Germany (Rank-3)||$4,855 bn|
|Japan (Rank-4)||$4,533 bn|
|United Kingdom (UK) (Rank-5)||$3,851 bn|
|India (Rank-7)||$2,562 bn|
Banking and Financial
♦ World Bank cuts GDP forecast to 6%
- The World Bank cut India’s economic growth forecast by the most among South Asian nations on 13th October, below the outlook pegged by the nation’s central bank for this year, mainly because of a deceleration in domestic demand.
- India’s gross domestic product growth is projected at 6 per cent in the fiscal year started on April 1, compared with 7.5 per cent forecast in April and 6.8 per cent recorded a year earlier.
- Growth is expected to gradually recover to 6.9 per cent in 2020-21 and to 7.2 per cent in the following year.
♦ ADB, India sign $190 million loan for improving road connectivity in Rajasthan
- The Asian Development Bank and the Government of India yesterday signed a $190 million loan to upgrade 754 kilometres of state highways and major district roads (MDRs) to two-lane or intermediate-lane standards.
- Another One loan of $220 million under the Programme, signed in July 2017, upgraded about 1,000 km of state roads.
Note: About Rajasthan
- Capital: Jaipur
- Chief minister: Ashok Gehlot
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra
♦ IFS officer Ramesh Pandey to be given Asia Environmental Enforcement Award by UNEP
- Senior Indian Forest Service officer Ramesh Pandey has been selected for the prestigious Asia Environmental Enforcement Award by the United Nations Environment Programme.
- Pandey will receive the award on November 13 at the United Nations Conference Centre in Bangkok.
- Reason: excellent work in combating trans-boundary environmental crime has been recognised by the selection panel.
Note: About UNEP
- Headquarters location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Head: Inger Andersen
- Abbreviation: UN Environment
- Director: Inger Andersen
♦ Navies of India, Bangladesh to participate in bilateral drill from Oct 12 to 16
- The navies of India and Bangladesh will participate for the first time in a bilateral exercise at Visakhapatnam from October 12 to 16.
- The exercise would also include air familiarisation of Bangladesh Navy aircrew and a 10-day training exercise between Indian Navy Marine Commandos and BN SWADS.
- Aims: Upgrading to a bilateral exercise with the navies engaging in seamanship evolutions, flying exercises with integral helicopters and maritime patrol aircraft at sea.
Note: About Bangladesh
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
♦ Indo-Japan joint military exercise Dharma Guardian-2019 to begin from October 19
- The joint military exercise Dharma Guardian-2019 between India and Japan is scheduled to start at Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School, Vairengte from October 19 and end 2 November.
- The Dharma Guardian Exercise is an annual training event which is being conducted in India since 2018.
- Purpose: Both the nations in the backdrop of global terrorism. The scope of this exercise covers platoon level joint training on counter terrorism operations in jungle and urban scenario.
Note: About Japan
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese yen
- PM: Shinzō Abe
♦ Indo-US joint military exercise ‘Vajra Prahar’ to take place in Seattle from October 13
- The 10th edition of the joint military exercise ‘Vajra Prahar’ between India and the US will be held at Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) in Seattle from October 13 to28.
- Purpose: “These exercises will enable sharing of best practices and experience in areas such as joint mission planning capabilities and operational tactics.
- Earlier in September, a joint military training exercise ‘Yudh Abhyas’ had taken place at the Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
♦ Boxing Women’s Worlds: Manju makes silver, bronze for Lovlina, Mary and Jamuna
- Indian boxers took part in four bouts – Manju Rani (48kg – Light Flyweight), MC Mary Kom (51kg – Flyweight), Jamuna Boro (54kg – Bantamweight) and Lovlina Borgohain (69kg – Welterweight).
- Indian boxer Manju Rani’s stupendous debut run at the women’s World boxing championships ended with a silver medal.
♦ Simone Biles extends record to 25 world gymnastics medals
- All conquering American gymnast Simone Biles won her fifth gold, her second of the day, at the world championships on 13 October in the women’s floor final to extend her own all-time record to 25 worlds medals.
- Having earlier won the beam final, the 22-year-old also extended her own record of 19 world championships golds after success earlier this week in Stuttgart in the team, all-round and vault events with the USA.
♦ 12 October: World Migratory Bird Day
- World Migratory Bird Day is an annual, global awareness-raising campaign highlighting the need for the conservation of migratory birds and their habitats. Each year people and dedicated organizations around the world take action and organize hundreds of public events such as bird festivals, education programmes, exhibitions and bird-watching.
- Theme 2019: ‘Protect Birds: Be the Solution to Plastic Pollution.’
♦ 13 October: International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction
- The International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction was started in 1989, after a call by the United Nations General Assembly for a day to promote a global culture of risk-awareness and disaster reduction. Held every 13 October, the day celebrates how people and communities around the world are reducing their exposure to disasters and raising awareness about the importance of reining in the risks that they face.
- 2019 Theme: Reduce disaster damage to critical infrastructure and disruption of basic services
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here