Daily GK Update: 12th February 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Arvind Kejriwal to be sworn in as Chief Minister of Delhi 2nd term on February 16
- Arvind Kejriwal will take oath as Delhi Chief Minister on February 16 at Ramlila Maidan in a grand ceremony that will be open to the public.
- The Aam Aadmi Party swept the Delhi Assembly polls bagging 62 out of 70 seats and decimating its rivals BJP and Congress. The BJP bagged eight seats.
♦Kerala to host global meet on climate change, ocean health
- ClimFishCon 2020, a three-day international conference on the impact of climate change on ‘hydrological cycle, ecosystem, fisheries and food security’ will begin here on February 12 at the Le Meridian Convention Centre.
- More than 300 delegates from 12 countries including scientists, researchers, administrators, policymakers, academicians, and entrepreneurs will deliberate on strategies to: deal with climate emergency and changing hydrological cycles; preserve the ocean and other aquatic biodiversity; and build a circular and blue economy.
Note: About Kerala
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
♦NIFM Faridabad to be renamed as Arun Jaitley Institute of Financial Management
- The government has decided to rename National Institute of Financial Management (NIFM), Faridabad as Arun Jaitley National Institute of Financial Management (AJNIFM).
- NIFM, Faridabad, was set up in 1993 as a registered society under Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance, Government of India with the mandate to train officers of various Finance and Accounts Services recruited by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) through the Civil Services Examination as also officers of Indian Cost Accounts Service (ICoAS).
Note: List of Rename
- Bhopal Metro Rail-Raja Bhoj
- Bogibeel Bridge-Atal Setu
- Naya Raipur-Atal Nagar
- Deoghar Airport (Jharkhand)-Atal Bihari Vajpayee Airport
♦Ground water act 2020 approved by Uttar Pradesh cabinet
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on 11th February chaired a state cabinet meeting where the Ground Water Act-2020 meant to improve the falling groundwater level was approved. Under the act, registration will be mandatory to install submersible pumps.
- Benefit: The domestic users and farmers will not have to pay any fee; an online registration facility will also be available. Rainwater harvesting system has also been made mandatory in all private and government schools and colleges.
Note: About UP
- Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Capital: Lucknow
- Population: 20.42 crores (2012)
♦National Horticulture Fair 2020 Begins in Bengaluru
- National Horticulture Fair 2020 was concluded in It was inaugurated by Dr. Trilochan Mohapatra, Secretary (DARE) and Director General (ICAR) on 5 February 2020. The fair was held from 5-8 February. 8 farmers representing Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Mizoram, Odisha, and Tamil Nadu were felicitated for their significant contributions in the field of horticulture and popularising the varieties/technologies of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)-Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (IIHR).
- Aim: It focused on creating awareness about the nutrition and vertical gardening for nutritional security and accentuated the need for horticulture-based integrated farming systems.
♦Coronavirus officially named as COVID-19 by WHO
- In a recent announcement by World Health Organisation (WHO), coronavirus, responsible for thousands of deaths across the world has been named officially. ‘Covis-19’ has been decided as the new name for Novel Coronavirus.
- The death toll from the deadly outbreak in mainland China has risen to 1,113, the number of confirmed cases has reached 44,653, the Chinese state health committee said on February 12. A day before, the death count was 1,016 and the number of confirmed cases 42,638. The virus has spread to at least 24 countries, sickened more than 42,000 people worldwide.
Note: Five global health emergencies since 2005,
- Swine flu in 2009
- Polio in 2014
- Ebola in 2014
- Zika in 2016
- Ebola in 2019
Banking and Financial
♦BSNL, Air India, MTNL highest loss-making PSUs in FY19; ONGC most profitable: Survey
- ONGC, Indian Oil Corporation and NTPC were the top three profitable PSUs in 2018-19, whereas BSNL, Air India and MTNL incurred highest losses for a third consecutive year, according to a survey.
- The top three profit making PSUs including Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Indian Oil Corporation and NTPC contributed 15.3 per cent, 9.68 per cent and 6.73 per cent, respectively to the total profit earned by all profitable CPSEs.
♦South Indian Bank bags 2 awards at IBA Banking Technology 2020 Award
- South Indian Bank has bagged two awards at the Banking Technology 2020 awards instituted by the Indian Banks’ Association. The Bank emerged winner in the ‘Most Customer Centric Bank Using Technology’ category and runner up in the ‘Best Payments Initiative’ category amongst small Banks’.
- Note: About Banking Technology Awards:
- Banking Technology Awards recognise excellence and innovation in the use of IT in financial services worldwide, and the people who make it happen.
- For banks and financial institutions, winning a Banking Technology Award proves the value of their technology investments and showcases their skills, commitment, creativity and execution.
♦12th February: National Productivity Day
- National Productivity Day is observed on 12 February. The day is celebrated by the National Productivity Council (NPC) to promote productivity culture in India.
- The day aims to propagate productivity, quality, competitiveness, and efficiency. National Productivity Week is celebrated from 12-18 February 2020.
Note: List of Important Day (January)
- 1st January – Global Family Day
- 9th January – NRI (Non-Resident Indian)
- 12th January – National Youth Day
- 15th January – Indian Army Day
- 25th January- National Voters’ Day
♦11th February: World Unani Day
- World Unani Day has observed every year on 11th February. This day is celebrated every year to mark the birth anniversary of great Unani scholar and social reformer Hakim Ajmal Khan. He was one of the founders of the Jamia Millia Islamia in New Delhi.
- The main objective of World Unani Day is to spread awareness about health care delivery through Unani system of medicine through its preventive and curative philosophy.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|