Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 13 & 14 July 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦West Bengal government observes Save Water Day
- Save Water Day’ was observed by the West Bengal government Friday and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee participated in a march in the city to raise awareness on conservation.
- Mamata Banerjee urged the people to take “precautionary measures” to save the natural resource as water scarcity has become a major issue in the world.
- Emphasising on conservation of water, she said, “With water scarcity becoming a major issue in many places in the world we believe in taking precautionary measures to save water resources”.
- She also stressed on conservation of rainwater and said her government would observe July 12 as ‘Save Water Day’ in every year.
Note- About West Bengal
- Capital: Kolkata
- Chief minister: Mamata Banerjee
- Population: 9.03 crores (2012)
♦Meghalaya becomes first state to have water policy
- Amid the water crisis in the country, the Meghalaya cabinet became the first state to approve a draft water policy to address water issues, conservation, and protection of water sources in the state.
- The draft was passed on Friday following detailed discussions and deliberation with the ministers of the cabinet.
- Prestone Tynsong, Deputy Chief Minister, said, “The policy intends to achieve sustainable development, management and use of water resources with community participation. This will improve health and livelihood and reduce vulnerability among the people. This will also assure of good governance for present and future generations through integrated water resources management and environmental sustainability.”
Note- About Meghalaya
- Capital: Shillong
- Governor: Tathagata Roy
- CM- Conrad Sangma
Banking and Financial
♦AIIB to provide $100 million loan to L&T Infrastructure Finance
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) will gve a $100-million loan to L&T Infrastructure Finance Company for wind and solar infrastructure projects in India. This is the first time AIIB is extending a loan to a non-banking finance company.
- “The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank’s latest project will increase the supply of renewable energy in India by mobilising private capital,” AIIB said in its statement. The release added, “The project provides a $100-million loan to L&T Infrastructure Finance Company (LTIF), a subsidiary of L&T Finance Holdings and a leading non-bank financier of renewable energy in India.”
Note –About AIIB
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- President-Jin Liqun
♦Govt infused over Rs 3.15 lakh crore into PSBs in 11 years
- The government has infused over Rs 3.15 lakh crore into Public Sector Banks (PSBs) in the 11 years through 2018-19.
- Replying to a question related to capital shortage in PSBs to the Lok Sabha, Minister of State for Finance Anurag Singh Thakur said as per RBI guidelines, banks in India are required to maintain a minimum capital to risk-weighted assets ratio (CRAR) of 9 per cent. “As on March 31, 2019, all 18 PSBs meet this minimum CRAR requirement,” he said in the written reply.
- PSBs’ source capital through internal capital generation, mobilisation of capital from markets, and infusion by the government. The capital infusion by the government complements PSBs’ internal capital generation and mobilisation of capital from markets.
- “During the period from the FY09 to FY19, PSBs have mobilised Rs 2,81,616 crore of capital through sources other than government, and have posted a net profit of Rs 98,373 crore, of which a sizeable proportion has contributed to internal capital generation,” Thakur said. “During the same period, the government has infused capital of Rs 3,15,721 crore in PSBs.
♦India’s Anshula Kant is World Bank MD and CFO
- The World Bank Group on Friday announced that Anshula Kant, an Indian national, has been appointed its next MD and CFO. Ms. Kant will be the first woman CFO of the Bank.
- “Anshula brings more than 35 years of expertise in finance, banking, and innovative use of technology through her work as CFO of the State Bank of India,” World Bank Group president David Malpass said via a statement.
♦Prithvi Shaw became the brand ambassador of FanMojo
- FanMojo first came to the market in 2016. After a series of glitches and gaffes, the startup made a comeback in 2018. And the fantasy sports platform started gaining momentum. Recently, they appointed Prithvi Shaw as their brand ambassador.
- A lot of former and current cricketers like Kapil Dev, MS Dhoni and Murali Karthik associated themselves with various fantasy cricket league. Prthivi Shaw is a latest addition to that list.
♦Four venues appointed for historic FIFA U-17 World Cup Brazil 2019
- The Estádio Bezerrão in Brasília (Gama) will make football history on 26 October when it hosts the opening match of the FIFA U-17 World Cup, the first-ever edition of this prestigious tournament to be staged in Brazil. The competition has previously served as a springboard for an array of world stars, such as Gianluigi Buffon, Francesco Totti, Ronaldinho, Xavi, Toni Kroos and Neymar.
- The other tournament venues will be Goiânia’s Estádio Olímpico and Estádio da Serrinha, as well as the Estádio Kléber Andrade in Vitória (Cariacica), in line with FIFA and the LOC’s commitment to bringing the excitement of the FIFA U-17 World Cup to local communities that have never before hosted a FIFA event.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|