Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 13-14 September 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ OnePlus, WWF India to plant 27,322 trees for new campaign
- The Shanghai-based smartphone manufacturer OnePlus partnered with WWF India and their ‘Adopt a Tree’ campaign. The company on September 12, Szymon Kopeć, who is OnePlus’ Global Head of Software Product Growth, wrote, “OxygenOS, is a clean and elegant OS that powers our smartphones and we wanted to mark this occasion by serving a larger cause.
- We named our operating system ‘OxygenOS’ because Oxygen, apart from having a clean and pure association, is that element we can’t do without and constantly need to survive.”
- Target: 27,322 times for #OxygenOS & as promised we’re going to plant 27,333 trees together with WWF India.”
- Railways and Confederation of Indian Industries sign MOU to facilitate green initiatives
- Ministry of Railways and Confederation of Indian Industries have signed an MoU to facilitate green initiatives in Indian Railways. The MoU was signed in New Delhi on 13 September. The MoU is part of Indian Railways’ some major green initiatives as part of India’s contribution towards mitigation of global warming and combating climate change.
♦ INDIAN RAILWAYS’ GREEN INITIATIVES
- Energy efficiency in manufacturing facilities and railway workshops.
- Greening of Railway properties.
- Demonstrative pilots of ‘net-zero energy buildings/ railway stations’
- Capacity and skill development by continuous sharing of best practices on energy and environment through training programmes.
- Development of Green procurement policy, waste management policy, solid waste disposal, carbon neutrality, phytoremediation
♦ Rajasthan Govt. launches “Jan Soochna Portal-2019” information portal
- First-ever public information portal was launched in Rajasthan on 13 Spetember promising to provide information about government authorities and departments suo motu to the public in the true spirit of the Right To Information Act. The portal has brought yet another distinction to Rajasthan, where the RTI movement had started in 1990s.
- CM Gehlot said the new web portal, named the Jan Soochna Portal-2019, would ensure compliance with Section 4(2) of the RTI Act mandating the public authorities to disclose information in the public domain, so that the people need not file applications under the law to obtain information.
- Note- About Rajasthan
- Capital: Jaipur
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra
- Chief minister: Ashok Gehlot
Banking and Financial
♦ Govt. announced Rs 70,000 cr package for exports, realty sectors to boost growth
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on 14 September announced an over Rs 70,000 crore package for the exports and real estate sectors, including setting up of a stressed asset fund.
- A Rs 20,000 crore fund, with government putting in half of the amount, will be set up to provide last-mile funding for housing projects that are not in bankruptcy court or already tagged as bad debt, she said at a press conference here to announce the third set of measures to address stress in specific sectors and boost the economy.
♦ World Bank to sanction Rs 3,000cr for food parks
- The World Bank will provide Rs 3,000 crore funds to finance mini and mega food parks across the country, particularly in Northeast, and help boost farmers’ income.
- Budget allocation for food processing ministry should be raised to Rs 3,000 crore a year from the current level of Rs 1,400 crore in order to boost the sector.
- Note-About World Bank
- CEO: Kristalina Georgieva
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Membership: 189 countries (IBRD); 173 countries (IDA)
♦ 5 Indian women police officers honoured by UN for role in South Sudan
- Five Indian women police officers were honoured by the United Nations for their commendable services in the world body’s mission in South Sudan.
- The women officers who were conferred the UN medal list
- Reena Yadav (Inspector Chandigarh Police)
- Gopika Jahagirdar (DSP, Maharashtra Police)
- Bharati Samantray (DSP, Ministry of Home Affairs)
- Ragini Kumari (Inspector, Ministry of Home Affairs)
- Kamal Shekhawat (ASP, Rajasthan Police)
- The Indian women police officers received the UN medal at a medal parade in the United Nations Mission in Juba in South Sudan.
Note: South Sudan
- Capital: Juba
- Currency: South Sudanese pound
- President: Salva Kiir Mayardit
♦ Top 10 Indian universities ranked in World University Rankings 2020
- World University Ranking 2020 released on September 11 features six Indian institutes among the top 500 in the world, an increase from last year’s five institutes. IIT Ropar made a surprise entry and takes the number 1 spot among Indian varsities alongside IISc Bangalore.
|India’s Rank||World University Rankings 2020 position|
|IISc Bengaluru/ IIT Ropar||1st||
Grouped among the top 301-350 universities of the world.
|2nd||Grouped among the top 351-400 universities of the world.|
|IIT Bombay/ IIT Delhi/ IIT Kharagpur||3rd||
Grouped among the top 401-500 universities of the world.
Institute of Chemical Technology/IIT Gandhinagar/IIT Roorkee
|4th||Grouped among the top 501-600 universities of the world.|
|Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham||5th||
Grouped among the top 601-800 universities of the world.
♦ India beats Bangladesh by five runs to lift U-19 Asia Cup title
- Defending a paltry total of 106, India dismissed Bangladesh for 101 in 33 overs, courtesy 18-year-old Ankolekar, who emerged as the star of the Indian team with figures of 5 for 28 from 8 overs.
♦ Hindi Diwas
- Every year, September 14 is celebrated as Hindi Diwas. On this day in 1950, the Constituent Assembly of India had adopted Hindi, an Indo-Aryan language, written in Devanagari script as one of the official languages of the Republic of India. Spoken by around 44% of the Indian population, Hindi is one of the 22 scheduled languages of the country.
- Home Minister AMIT SHAH INAUGURATES SARAL VAKYA KOSH APP
- Home Minister Amit Shah on Saturday inaugurated E- Saral Maha Shabda Kosh App and the E-Saral Vakya Kosh App in New Delhi’s Vigyan Bhawan on the occasion of Hindi Diwas.
- Home Minister Amit Shah felicitated Raj Bhasha Keerti and Raj Bhasha Gaurav Awards to various organisations for their excellent performance in promoting Hindi language.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here