Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 14 November 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦‘Bali Yatra’ festival begins in Cuttack, Odisha
- The festival ‘Bali Yatra’, which is organised every year in memory of the rich maritime history of Odisha, was inaugurated in Cuttack.
- The festival is organised at the bank of River Mahanadi every year to mark the day when ancient mariners from the state would set sail to the distant land of Bali, Sumatra, Java (Jawa) in Indonesia, Borneo and Sri Lanka, for the expansion of trade and culture.
Note: About Odisha
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
♦Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro is 2020 Republic Day chief guest
- Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro will attend next year’s Republic Day celebrations as the chief guest, as New Delhi and Brasilia seek to upgrade their ties to a comprehensive strategic partnership with larger cooperation in defence and space sectors.
- “Prime Minister (Narendra) Modi invited the President of Brazil to be the chief guest at the Republic Day 2020. The Brazilian President has accepted the invitation with pleasure.
Note: About Brazil
- President: Jair Bolsonaro
- Capital: Brasilia
- Currency: Brazilian real
International (Current Affairs)
♦PM proposes first meeting of BRICS Water Ministers in India
- PM Modi said that he wanted to increase contacts and exchanges between the BRICS in the field of fitness and health. He also said that Sustainable water management and sanitation are important challenges in urban areas and proposed to hold the first meeting of BRICS Water Ministers in India.
Banking and Financial
♦Moody’s cuts India’s economic growth forecast to 5.6% for 2019
- Moody’s Investors Service on 14th November slashed India’s economic growth forecast to 5.6 per cent for 2019, saying government measures do not address the widespread weakness in consumption demand.
- “We have revised down our growth forecast for India. We now forecast slower real GDP growth of 5.6 per cent in 2019, from 7.4 per cent in 2018.
♦ITDC appoints Kamala Vardhana Rao as its new Chairman and Managing Director
- India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) has appointed G Kamala Vardhana Rao as the new Chairman and Managing Director.
- Prior to this, Rao, an IAS officer 1990 batch from Kerala Cadre, was the Principal Secretary, Kerala government. He has also served as the Secretary of Kerala Tourism in 2014-15.
♦Arsene Wenger Named FIFA’s Development Chief
- Former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger ended all speculations of his move to managerless Bayern Munich after being named FIFA’s chief of global football development on 13th November.
- Wenger made the English Club Arsenal one of the strongest football club in Europe, winning three Premier League titles and seven FA Cups and taking his team to the 2006 Champions League final. His also won the French league in 1987 with Monaco, adding the French Cup four years later before departing for Japan in 1995.
♦Unilever appoints Nils Andersen as new Chairman
- Unilever on 13th November named non-executive director Nils Andersen as its new chairman, to utilise his deep experience across consumer goods and logistics industries to help the Dove soap maker navigate a dip in emerging market sales growth and fix its foods business.
♦Dutee Chand named in TIME 100 Next list
- India sprinter Dutee Chand has been named in the TIME 100 Next, an expansion of the TIME 100 list of the most influential persons in the world.
- The list, an initiative of TIME magazine, highlights 100 rising stars who are shaping the future of business, entertainment, sports, politics, health, science, activism etc.
♦14th November: World Diabetes Day 2019
- World Diabetes Day (WDD) was created in 1991 by IDF and the World Health Organization. The day is marked on November 14 every year. It also marks the birth anniversary of Sir Frederick Banting, who co-discovered insulin along with Charles Best in 1922.
- The main aim of World Diabetes Day is to provide a platform to promote IDF advocacy efforts throughout the year.
- Theme 2019: Family and Diabetes
♦14th November: Children’s Day
- Children’s Day is celebrated with great fervour across Indian on November 14. The birth anniversary of first Prime Minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru is also celebrated on Children’s Day. On this day, parents and teachers give gifts to children and schools and colleges hold several functions including quiz, competitions, and music and dance performances on this day.
♦Mathematician Vashishtha Narayan Singh passed away
- Renowned mathematician Vashishtha Narayan Singh died at a hospital in Patna after prolonged illness.
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|