Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 15 August 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India celebrates 73rd Independence Day
- India is celebrating its 73rd Independence Day . India attained freedom from the British rule on August 15 in 1947. Since then, August 15 is celebrated as India’s Independence Day.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi today said that the government at the Centre has been tirelessly working towards fulfilling the hopes and aspirations of the people and decisions it has taken in the 10 weeks it has been in power are proof of it. Addressing the nation on the occasion of the 73rd Independence Day from the ramparts of the Red Fort in the national capital.
- PM Narendra Modi’s Independence Day Speech About some issues Highlights:
1)Making note of the removal of Articles 370 and 35 A
2) Fundamentals of our economy are strong
3) India can become a 5 trillion dollar economy in next 5 years
4) Govt to invest Rs 100 lakh cr in infrastructure building
5) Focus in on ease of doing business
6) GST brought to life the dream of one nation, one tax
7) PM Modi announces Jal Jeevan Mission
8) Dream of One Nation, One Constitution has finally been realise
9) Triple talaq
10) Announces Chief of Defence Staff post
Note- About Flag
- Flag Designed by- Pingali Venkayya
- Maximum number of Flag Hoisted- Indira Gandhi (16th times)
- PM Modi 14th PM hoisted flag
♦PM Modi Announce Government to invest Rs 100 lakh cr in infrastructure building
- Address to the nation from the Red Fort on the occassion of Independence day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said, the government has decided to invest 100 lakh crore rupees in infrastructure building.
- Because India can become a 5 trillion dollar economy in the next five years.
- Prime Minister called for improving exports to get more share in world economy. PM Modi said fundamentals of Indian economy are strong which will help the country to grow further.
International (Current Affairs)
♦India contributes 1 million to UN Fund
- India has contributed one million US Dollars to the United Nations Special Purpose Trust Fund for the Resident Coordinator System. India’s Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador Syed Akbaruddin Said.
- UN information, Special Purpose Trust Fund (SPTF) is a specific fund housed within the UN Secretariat, established to receive, consolidate, manage all contributions and financial transactions of the new Resident Coordinator system in a transparent and effective way.
Note- About UN
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945
- Secretary general: António Guterres
Banking and Financial
♦Aditya Birla Health Insurance agreement with Axis Bank for bancassurance pact
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance (ABHI), a stand-alone health insurer, has entered into a bancassurance partnership with Axis Bank, the country’s third largest private sector bank.
- Through this partnership, ABHI will offer health insurance solutions to the Axis bank’s customers across its 4,094 branches and digital channels.
- Mayank Bathwal, CEO, Aditya Birla Health Insurance said, “We are delighted to have Axis Bank, one of the most trusted brands in the banking sector, as our 10th bancassurance partner.
Note- About Axis Bank
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- CEO: Amitabh Chaudhry
- Tagline- Badhti Ka naam Zindagi.
♦July trade deficit narrows to $13.43 bn
- India’s trade deficit narrowed to $13.43 billion in July 2019, from $15.28 billion in the previous month, according to official data released on 14 August.
- “India’s overall exports [merchandise and services combined] in April-July 2019-20 are estimated to be $181.47 billion, exhibiting a positive growth of 3.13% over the same period last year,”
- “Overall imports in April-July 2019-20 are estimated to be $214.37 billion, exhibiting a negative growth of 45% over the same period last year.”
♦ADB invest to $23 Million to GR Infraprojects Limited to Expand Road Building Capacity in India
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has signed an agreement to invest $23 million in Non-Convertible Debentures being issued by GR Infraprojects Limited (GRIL) to help the company rapidly scale up its construction of roads and highways in India through the purchase of new building equipment.
- Supporting the growth of the transport sector is a key focus area of ADB’s private sector strategy in India.
♦HDFC Bank Aditya Puri highest paid Banking CEO in India
- Aditya Puri, HDFC Bank’s Managing Director, is not only the longest-serving head of any private bank in the country but has also been the highest-paid bank CEO for around a decade now. In FY19, he took home a monthly basic salary of Rs 89 lakh, and his total earnings stood 209 times higher than the other employees.
Top 4 Highest-paid Bank’s CEO list
|CEO Name/ Rank||Bank||Salary (Per Month)|
|Aditya Puri (1st)||HDFC||Rs 89 lakhs|
|Amitabh Chaudhry (2nd)||Axis Bank||Rs 30 lakhs|
|Uday Kotak (3rd)||Kotak Mahindra Bank||Rs 27 lakhs|
|Chanda Kochhar (4th)||Former CEO of ICICI Bank||Rs 26 lakhs|
♦Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 15 August announced the appointment of a Chief of Defence Staff (CDS)
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on impendence day announced the appointment of a Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) who will be above the three Service Chiefs. This is one the country’s biggest higher level military reform to bring in jointness and tri-service integration.
- The CDS is meant to be a single-point military advisor to the government, and to coordinate long-term planning, procurements, training and logistics of the three services (Army, Navi and Airforce). As future wars become short, swift and network-centric, coordination among the three services is crucial.
♦Virat Kohli is world’s first batsman to score 20,000 international runs in a decade
- Indian captain Virat Kohli has become the first batsman to score 20,000 international runs in a single decade, the incredible stat providing another reflection of his greatness.
- Kohli has aggregated 20,502 runs across three formats out of which he has scored 20,018 in the ongoing decade.
- Australia’s former skipper Ricky Ponting held the record for scoring most international runs in a decade with 18,962 to his credit in the 2000s.
♦India won Physical Disability World Series 2019
- India beat England by 36 runs to win Physical Disability World Series 2019; Ravindra Sante scored a quickfire half-century to star in India’s victory.
- India won the Physical Disability World Series 2019 in England after defeating the hosts in the final at the New Road Stadium in Worcester.
- The six-nation tournament was organized by the England and Wales Cricket Board.
♦Veteran actor Vidya Sinha passes away
- Veteran Bollywood actress Vidya Sinha, known for her role in Basu Chatterjee’s film “Rajnigandha” (1974), here on 14th August passed away after a brief lung-cum-heart ailment.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here