Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 15 October 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Nation pays homage Dr A P J Abdul Kalam (National Hero) on his birth anniversary
- Dr Kalam is also known as the Missile Man of India. Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu and Prime Minister Narendra Modi have paid tribute to Dr Kalam 88th birth anniversary.
- Dr APJ Abdul Kalam dreamt of the India of 21st century and he made an exceptional contribution to achieve the goal.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Kais Saied Tunisia’s new President
- Independent law professor Kais Saied has won Tunisia’s presidential election with 72.71 percent of the votes.
- Saied is an independent candidate with no political experience. Backed by the conservative Ennahdha party, he has pledged to fight corruption and support decentralisation.
Note: About Tunisia
- Capital: Tunis
- Currency: Tunisian dinar
- President: Kais Saied
Banking and Financial
♦IMF cuts India’s growth projection to 6.1% in 2019
- The IMF on 15th October slashed India’s GDP growth projection for the year 2019 to 6.1%, which is 1.2% down from its April projections.
- As against India’s real growth rate of 6.8% in 2018, the IMF in its latest World Economic Outlook projected India’s growth rate at 6.1% in 2019 and noted that the Indian economy is expected to pick up the next year at 7.0% in 2020.
♦Booker Prize: Margaret Atwood and Bernardine Evaristo share award
- Judges tore up the rule book on 14th October, awarding the prestigious Booker Prize for Fiction jointly to Canadian author Margaret Atwood for The Testaments and Anglo-Nigerian author Bernardine Evaristo for Girl, Woman, Other.
- Atwood becomes only the second female author to win the award twice, sharing the £50,000 prize at the 50th anniversary ceremony at London’s Guildhall.
♦Indian Army’s celebrate ‘Sangam Youth Festival’ with More than 1,500 students
- Over 1,500 students from 32 different colleges and university participated in the ‘Sangam Youth Festival’ being organised by the Indian Army in collaboration with Jammu University Campus in a bid to spread the message of peace, prosperity, communal harmony and national integration.
- Students also showcased their performances in sports, cultural and fine arts performances. Traditional folk dance and a display by the military band were also performed in a patriotic fervour.
♦Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurates 41st DRDO Directors Conference in New Delhi
- DRDO has played significant role in ensuring technological advancement of our forces and safeguarding our country.
- Chiefs of the three forces & DRDO Chairman G Satheesh Reddy were also present on the occasion.
- Addressing the conference, National Security Adviser Ajit Doval said that armies that were better equipped always called the shots and decided the destiny of mankind.
Note: About DRDO
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
- Founded: 1958
- Chairman: G. Satheesh Reddy
♦World Youth Chess Championship: Praggnanandhaa wins gold
- 14-year-old Praggnanandhaa provided the ‘golden’ embroidery to India’s best-ever haul of seven medals in the World Youth chess championship.
- India collects record seven medals.
- India’s silver medals came from Vantika Agarwal (girls’ under-18), S. L. Srihari (under-14) and Divya Deshmukh (girls’ under-14). The bronze medals went to Aronyak Ghosh (under-16), M. Sreeshwan (under-14) and Rakshitta Ravi (girls’ under-14).
♦15 October: International Day of Rural Women
- The first International Day of Rural Women was observed on 15 October 2008. This new international day, established by the General Assembly in its resolution 62/136 of 18 December 2007, recognizes “the critical role and contribution of rural women, including indigenous women, in enhancing agricultural and rural development, improving food security and eradicating rural poverty.”
- Theme 2019: ‘building resilience to face the climate crisis.
♦October 15: World Students Day
- Today is former president APJ Abdul Kalam’s 88th birth anniversary. Whether it was his political career or scientific, he has inspired and still inspires thousands of youth all around the world. In 2010, the United Nations had declared October 15 as World Students’ Day, claims online encyclopedia Wikipedia. The event, however, is not listed on the official United Nations website’s “UN Observance Days”.
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|