Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 15 September 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ Doordarshan is celebrating its 60 years
- The public broadcaster started its journey on this day in 1959 from Delhi. 15 September, over 90 percent of Indian population receive DD programmes.
- Over the years, Doordarshan has grown into a network operating 34 satellite channels, besides providing free-to-air DTH service having 104 in its bookings.
- Prasar Bharati CEO Shashi Shekhar Vempati said, it is a moment to recognise that it is not that Doordarshan has gotten older, but it is getting newer for digital audiences.
♦ Indian Railways to Undertake one More Drive of “MASSIVE SHRAMDAN “ to Focus on “COLLECTION OF PLASTIC WASTE”
- Indian Railways will undertake one more drive of “MASSIVE SHRAMDAN“ with main focus on “COLLECTION OF PLASTIC WASTE”. This is to be done on this Tuesday, the 17th September, 2019. In the recent past such drives are being undertaken by Railways. This Shramadan is for:-
1)Enhanced cleanliness, through collection of plastic waste from all railway premises. Particular attention to be given to approaches to stations
2) Creating awareness for a greater impact against single use plastic.
3) Displaying Replacements/ Substitutes for such plastic items.
4) For distributing Cloth bags in large numbers as advised by the Environment and Housekeeping Management Division of Railways through its letter dated 12.9.2019.
5) Educating all in Railways, including vendors to be prepared for ban of single use plastic with effect from 02.10.2019. Single use plastic means usage of any plastic below 50 microns, in any manner.
♦ Govt to set up 12,500 Ayush centres across India
- Government has set a target of setting up 12,500 Ayush centres across India, 4000 of which will be set up this year.
- Speaking at Yoga Awards ceremony here, he also stressed for the need to create a homogenous system by creating an “Ayush grid” on the lines of one nation, one tax and one nation, one mobility card.
- Government Said working towards bringing in more professionals in the field of Ayush and necessary steps are being taken to that effect.
- About Ayush: The Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy, abbreviated as AYUSH, is a governmental body in India purposed with developing, education and research in the field of alternative medicine.
- Note: Ayush
- Officeholder: Shripad Naik
- Founded: 9 November 2014, India
- Headquarters: New Delhi
International (Current Affairs)
♦ Sri Lanka flags off Pulathisi Express, a ‘Make In India’ train
- Sri Lanka received a boost when a newly ‘Make In India’ train rake was flagged of from Colombo Fort Railway station. The rake of the train was manufactured in the Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in Chennai.
- Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena, Transport Minister Arjuna Ranathunga and Indian envoy to Sri Lanka Taranjit Singh Sandhu flagged off a new train to Polonnaruwa from Colombo Fort Railway station.
- Integral Coach Factory will manufacture six DEMU rakes consisting of 78 coaches in five variants. The order is being jointly executed by RITES and ICF under the India-Sri Lanka economic cooperation agreement.
- Note: About Sri Lanka
- Capitals: Colombo
- Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
- Prime minister: Ranil Wickremesinghe
Banking and Financial
♦ IFC collaborates with FIDC for training NBFCs
- The International Finance Corporation (IFC), part of the World Bank Group, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Finance Industry Development Council (FIDC), a representative body of asset and loan Financing NBFCs, to collaborate on training of NBFCs in the country.
- Aims: training programs for NBFCs would be conducted on “Commercial Credit Reporting” aimed at building capacity of NBFCs to enhanced reporting and enquiring on Commercial Credit Information Data from the Credit Bureaus.
♦ INS Tarkash visits at Walvis Bay, Namibia
- Indian Navy’s overseas deployment to Africa, Europe and Russia, Indian Naval Ship Tarkash made a port call at Walvis Bay, Namibia today, on 15 Sep 19 for a three days visit. The port call by INS Tarkash at Walvis Bay is a demonstration of India’s warm ties with Namibia and its commitment to enhance operational reach, maritime security and its solidarity with friendly nations.
- Note: About Namibia
- Capital: Windhoek
- Currencies: South African rand, Namibian dollar
- President: Hage geingob
♦ Pankaj Advani wins his 22nd world billiards title
- One of India’s most consistent sportspersons, Pankaj Advani, on 15 September increased his tally of world titles to 22 by winning a fourth straight final in the 150-up format at the IBSF World Billiards Championship
- Pankaj has brought home a world title every year in billiards or snooker, or both.
♦ Sourabh Verma won Vietnam Open Super 100 title
- India’s Sourabh Verma registered a thrilling three-game win over China’s Sun Fei Xiang to claim the men’s singles title at the $75,000 Vietnam Open BWF Tour Super 100 badminton tournament here on 15 September.
- 21-12 17-21 21-14 in the summit clash which lasted an hour and 12 minutes.
♦ September 15- Engineers’ Day
- Every year, India will celebrate September 15 as National Engineers’ Day to appreciate Born on September 15, 1861 in the Muddenahalli village, Karnataka, M Visvesvaraya completed his Bachelor of Arts (BA) from the University of Madras and pursued civil engineering at College of Science in Pune.
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here