Daily Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 15 June 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current affairs)
♦Three-day ‘Raja Parba’ celebrations begin in Odisha
- Raja which is derived from the word Rajaswala means a menstruating woman. It is a three-day festival which marks the period of fertility regeneration of earth similar to the menstrual cycle a woman undergoes. The festival is celebrated across Odisha.
- It signifies the menstrual cycle of the earth similar to that of a woman. Just like women go into a resting phase during menstruation the earth is also considered to be in a similar phase during these days of the year.
Note- About Odisha
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
♦PM Modi Announces $200 Million Line of Credit for Kyrgyzstan as Two Sides Sign 15 Pacts
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday announced a USD 200 million line of credit for Kyrgyzstan after wide-ranging talks with Kyrgyz President Sooronbay Jeenbekov as the two sides upgraded their ties to the strategic partnership level and signed 15 agreements, including one to eliminate double taxation.
- Prime Minister Modi and President Jeenbekov held one-on-one restricted meeting followed by a delegation-level talk during which the two sides discussed on stepping up their bilateral engagement to the next level and exploring new areas of cooperation.
Note- About Kyrgyzstan
- Capital: Bishkek
- Currency: Kyrgyzstani som
- President: Sooronbay Jeenbekov
International (Current Affairs)
♦Asia Media Summit closes in Cambodia, calling for regulations against fake news, cyber-crimes
- The 16th Asia Media Summit concluded here Thursday, calling for regulation-making to fight against fake news and cyber-crimes, said Cambodian Information Minister Khieu Kanharith.
- “The summit and pre-summit workshops have addressed concerns caused by digital media, which requires relevant authorities to make regulations to anti-cybercrimes, fake news, and training people to raise awareness and enhance media profession,” he said in a speech during the closing ceremony.
- The minister said on the sidelines of the summit, an information ministerial meeting held on Wednesday agreed to launch “Angkor Fake News Initiative,” which was a year-long research project to find out appropriate measures to counter fake news.
- Co-organized by the Cambodian Ministry of Information and the Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD), the summit drew about 600 media representatives from 42 countries and regions.
- Capital: Phnom Penh
- Currency: Cambodian riel
♦Terrorism ‘gravest threat’ people face in Asia: Jaishankar at CICA Summit
- Addressing the fifth Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building Measures in Asia (CICA) Summit in the Tajik capital Dushanbe, Mr. Jaishankar said that the CICA members are the victims of terrorism.
- Terrorism poses the “gravest threat” to the people in Asia and terrorists and their victims must never be equated, External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar said here on Saturday.
- Addressing the fifth Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building Measures in Asia (CICA) Summit in the Tajik capital, Mr. Jaishankar said that the CICA members are the victims of terrorism.
- Capital: Dushanbe
- Currencies: Tajikistani somoni, Ruble
Banking and Financial
♦Exim Bank inks $245 mn loan agreement with Ghana, Mozambique to support agri, rail projs
- Export Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) will provide line of credit worth USD 245 million to Ghana and Mozambique for agricultural and railway projects.
- Exim Bank supported line of credit of USD 150 million to Ghana and USD 95 million to Mazambique, the Reserve Bank of India said in two separate notifications Thursday.
- The USD 150 million for Ghana will be used for financing strengthening of agriculture mechanisation services centres, while line of credit for Mozambique will be used for financing procurement of railway rolling stock including locomotives, coaches and wagons, the RBI said.
Note – About Exim bank
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- CEO: David Rasquinha
- Founded: 1982
♦ZestMoney offers EMI insurance in partnership with Digit, Technology
- India’s largest and fastest growing consumer lending technology company, ZestMoney, today announced a partnership with Digit Insurance to offer EMI insurance to the company’s five million customers.
- The partnership integrates the digital capability of ZestMoney to provide EMI for everyone and insurance by Digit to relieve its customers of debt in case of unforeseen circumstances.
- This policy will cover EMI cost in the event of hospitalization, death or permanent disability. The insurance product is specifically designed for ZestMoney’s customers which can be availed while applying for a loan on the digital platform.
♦Rabi Mishra named RBI executive director, to supervise new regulatory cadre
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has promoted Rabi N Mishra as the central bank’s executive director (ED), after the position fell vacant on Rosemary Sebastian’s retirement, sources said.
- Mishra was principal chief general manager of the bank’s risk management department. As ED, Mishra would be looking after the newly-created specialised supervisory and regulatory cadre within the RBI.
- The creation of the cadre was decided at the central board meet in Chennai on May 21. The other departments that Mishra will be supervising include cooperative banks and the non-banking financial companies, sources said.
♦ThyssenKrupp appoints Premal Desai as CEO to oversee its biz restructuring
- ThyssenKrupp on Friday announced the appointment of Premal Desai as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for its steel division to oversee the restructuring of its business following the collapse of a proposed joint venture with Indian steel major, Tata Steel, in Europe.
- Thyssenkrupp Steel Europe and Tata Steel Europe had signed agreements on June 30, 2018, to create a 50:50 joint venture. However, the European Commission had raised concerns over high prices for electrical steel, automotive steel and packaging among others in the event of the merger going ahead.
- In May 2019, the two companies announced they were scrapping the plan.
♦Akshaya Patra wins BBC award
- Akshaya Patra, a non-profit organisation running one of the world’s largest school meals project in India, has been awarded the BBC World Service Global Champion Award for the programme.
- The award, presented at the BBC Food and Farming Awards in Bristol this week, recognises a person or project that is changing the way the world produces, processes, consumes or thinks about food for the better.
- The Bengaluru-based NGO was selected by an international panel of judges from nominations sent in by the World Service audience around the world.
♦FIH Series Finals: India beats South Africa 5-1; wins gold medal
- India made the cut for the Olympic Qualifiers by reaching the summit clash at the FIH Series Finals in Bhubaneswar.
- INDIA 5-1 SOUTH AFRICA. India wins the FIH Series Finals in Bhubaneswar by beating South Africa. Goals from Varun Kumar (2), Harmanpreet Singh (2) and Vivek Prasad witnessed.
♦India Stay At 101 In Recent FIFA Rankings, Belgium On Top
- The Indian men’s football team found their position unchanged in the latest team rankings released by FIFA on Friday. India was at 101 earlier and will remain at the same spot till the global governing body of football publish their new team ranking list.
- India, who recently participated in King’s Cup in Thailand, lost one and won the other in the tournament. The Igor Stimac-coached side will next face Tajikistan on July 7 in the Intercontinental Cup.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- The Hindu Review May 2019 (Bilingual) | Current Affairs PDF : Download Now
- Current Affairs 2019 MCQ May Month PDF : Date-wise Download Now
- May 2019 Monthly One liner Current affairs| Date-Wise : Download PDF
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|