Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 17 & 18 August 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Narendra Modi signed 10 MoUs with Bhutan and launched RuPay card
- India and Bhutan discussed steps to further expand the bilateral partnership across several sectors and the two countries signed 10 memoranda of understanding in space research, aviation, IT, power and education.
- Modi also launched RuPay Card in Bhutan by making a purchase at Simtokha Dzong, which functions as a monastic and administrative centre and is one of the oldest dzongs in Bhutan.
- “Bhutan is the second country this (RuPay Card) will be launched in after Singapore.
Note- About Bhutan
- Prime minister: Lotay Tshering
- Capital: Thimphu
♦Palani prasadam, Kerala betel vine, Mizo shawl get Geographical Indication tags
- A colourful shawl from Mizoram and A temple ‘prasadam’ from Tamil Nadu and a woven fabric a betel vine from Kerala are the latest products to have been granted the Geographical Indication (GI) tag by the government.
- A GI product is recognised as originating from a specific geographical origin possessing qualities or reputation related to its origin. The GI tag is exclusive and a similar item originating from a different location is not allowed to use it.
♦Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik announces ‘Mo Sarkar or My Government programme’
- Odisha’s chief minister Naveen Patnaik said on Thursday he will launch the ‘Mo Sarkar’ or My Government programme on October 2 to make state-run hospitals and offices and the police more accountable and responsive to people’s needs.
- Patnaik said under the ‘Mo Sarkar’ programme he will call up people and enquire about the quality of services being provided at police stations and hospitals from October 2, Mahatma Gandhi’s birth anniversary.
Note- About Odisha
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
- Population: 4.6 crores (2018)
♦Birla veteran Muthukumaran appointed CFO of ReNew Power
- Birla group veteran D Muthukumaran has been appointed as chief financial officer of ReNew Power, according to a statement by the Gurugram-based renewable energy company.
- D Muthukumaran as he is popularly known in business circles had spent 17 years with Aditya Birla group and was the head of the group’s private equity business in his most recent assignment.
♦INS Tarkash participates in KONKAN bilateral exercise
- The 14th Edition of KONKAN series of annual bilateral exercises between Indian Navy and Royal Navy of Britain is currently underway off the South Coast of UK.
- “KONKAN aims to promote mutual understanding and provide exposure to operating procedures, communication measures and best practices. This allows both Navies to develop greater confidence to operate together during maritime missions.
♦New Delhi to host Indian Grand Prix on September 5
- The Athletics Federation of India will organise the Indian Grand Prix-VI in the national capital on September 5 to give its track and field athletes one last chance to qualify for the World Championships .
- “The Indian Grand Prix which was scheduled for 5th September 2019 at Chennai will now be held at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, New Delhi on same date. This will be the Indian Grand Prix – VI,” the AFI said in a circular to its affiliated units.
- Male athletes can compete in 400m hurdles, pole vault, long jump, triple jump, shot put, javelin throw and 4x400m relay. For women, the events will be 100m, 200m, 400m and the long jump.
♦Hima Das, Anas win gold in 300m in Czech Republic
- This was Hima Das’ sixth gold in European races since July 2 though the field in most of them has been mediocre. Her last win was on July 20 when she clinched a gold in her pet 400m event at Nove Mesto in Czech Republic.
- Mohammad Anason the other hand, won the men’s 300m race in 32.41 seconds.
Note About Czech Republic
The Czech Republic, also known by its short-form name, Czechia, is a country in Central Europe bordered by Germany to the west, Austria to the south, Slovakia to the east, and Poland to the northeast.
- Capital: Prague
- Currency: Czech koruna
♦India win gold at U-12 Asian Tennis Team championship in Kazakhstan
- India have won gold at the Under 12 Asian Tennis Team championship held in Kazakhstan. India defeated Chinese Taipei 2-1 in the summit clash to win the title.
- The team comprised Manas Dhamme, Arnav Paprakar and Tamil Nadu’s Pranav Rethin. Manas and Rethin won their singles matches.
- Manas and Arnav, however, lost their doubles encounter. 12-year-old Manas remained unbeaten in the entire tournament.
Note About Kazakhstan
- Capital: Nur-Sultan
- Currency: Kazakhstani tenge
- President: Kassym-Jomart Tokayev
♦Veteran DD News anchor Neelum Sharma passes away
- Anchors of DD News and Nari Shakti awardee Neelum Sharma died on Saturday at the age of 50.
- The anchor of programmes such as ‘Badi Charcha’ and ‘Tejasvini’ was recently awarded with the Nari Shakti Puraskar.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|