Daily Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 17 June 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦DGT join hands with Cisco, Accenture to skill youth for digital economy
- Nearly 1,500,000 students across all the ITIs in India can access the digital learning module via the Bharat Skills portal
- In a bid to skill the youth for the digital economy, the Directorate General of Training (DGT) on 14 June joined hands with Cisco and Accenture. The objective is to skill youth through its Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs).
- Along with their implementation partner Quest Alliance, this program will equip students enrolled in ITIs across India with skills for the digital economy over the next two years.
- “It is imperative that we as a nation adapt ourselves to the new age technology and skills which are market relevant today.
♦BJP MP Dr. Virendra Kumar sworn in as Protem Speaker of 17th Lok Sabha
- President Ram Nath Kovind on Monday, sworn in seven-term member of Parliament Virendra Kumar as the Protem Speaker of Lok Sabha.
- BJP MP Virendra Kumar will oversee the oath-taking of newly elected Lok Sabha members on Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday, as soon as a new speaker of the 17th Lok Sabha is elected, his role will cease to exist.
- Lok Sabha Protem Speaker Kumar, 65, won the Lok Sabha election from Tikamgarh in Madhya Pradesh on a BJP ticket. He was a minister of state in the previous BJP government.
- As pro-tem speaker, Virendra Kumar will preside over the first sitting of the Lok Sabha and administer the oath to the newly elected MPs.
♦ADB approves Rs 1,650 cr infra projects in Tripura
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved projects for infrastructure development worth Rs 1,650 crore ($235 million) in seven of the eight district headquarter towns in Tripura, an official release said on Sunday.
- The release said that the Urban Development Department of Tripura government had submitted the projects’ details to the ADB through the Central government on which the ADB gave its nod on 16June.
- “The ADB would give 80 per cent of the amount as grant-in-aid and the Tripura Government would have to repay back only 20 per cent loan in due course of time.
- The district headquarters towns where the ADB funded projects would be executed include Ambassa (Dhalai district), Dharmnagar (North Tripura), Kailashahar (Unakoti), Udaipur (Gomati), Bishramganj (Sepahijala), Belonia (South Tripura) and Khowai (Khowai).
Note- About ADB
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- President: Takehiko Nakao
- Founded: 19 December 1966.
♦Denmark’s Andersen Appointed as Executive Director of UN Environment Programme
- Danish economist and environmentalist Inger Andersen on Saturday took up her new role as Executive Director of the UN Environment Programme, promising to prioritise greater action on climate change, biodiversity loss and pollution during her four-year tenure.
- Andersen was nominated for the post by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres and approved by the General Assembly in February.
- “I am proud and excited to begin work at the UN Environment Programme in beautiful Kenya at a critical time for humanity,” Andersen said.
Note- About UN Environment Programme
- Headquarters: Nairobi, Kenya
- Head: Inger Andersen
- Founded: 1972, Nairobi, Kenya
♦Yuvraj Singh joins BalleBaazi as brand ambassador
- Days after announcing bidding an emotional adieu to competitive cricket, legendary cricketer Yuvraj Singh has announced that he would be endorsing fantasy sports website BalleBaazi.
- Commenting on his new assignment, Singh remarked that he is starting his ‘second innings’ as a captain on BalleBaazi and in a press release stated, “I am delighted to be associated with BalleBaazi.com, the ultimate cricket fantasy league.
♦Miss India 2019: Rajasthan’s Suman Rao Wins Beauty Pageant
- Suman Rao from Rajasthan has won the Femina Miss India World 2019 beauty pageant during a star-studded ceremony at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Indoor Stadium here. Shivani Jadhav from Chhattisgarh clinched Femina Miss Grand India 2019 title and Shreya Shanker from Bihar won Miss India United Continents 2019 title during the grand finale of the beauty pageant on Saturday.
♦ISRO for 1st time opens its laboratories for Indian school students
- The Indian Space Research Organization ISRO has, for the first time, opened its laboratories for Indian school students to undergo two-week training from this year.
- The first batch of 108 students drawn from all states and Union Territories recently completed their exposure in its laboratories in Bengaluru, Sriharikota, Thiruvananthapuram and other places.
- The training module has been devised as part of its new Young Scientists Programme, or Yuva Vigyanik Karyakram, YUVIKA.
Note- About ISRO
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Founded: 15 August 1969
♦World Continence Week (17 to 23 June)
- “ACCIDENTAL LEAKAGE of urine is not a joke but a seriously annoying problem. Hence to create awareness about this embarrassing condition globally World Continence Week is observed every year. This year the week is observed from June 17 to June 23.
- Keep an eye on how often and how much urine you are passing every day besides how strong you felt the urge to empty each time. If the frequency and the urgency have increased, it’s time to consult your doctor say experts,” said Professor Dr Uttam Mete at the Urology Department at PGIMER, which is observing World Continence Week from today.
♦World Father Day 16 June
- Father’s Day is celebrated worldwide to recognize the contribution that fathers and father figures make to the lives of their children. This day celebrates fatherhood and male parenting. Although it is celebrated on a variety of dates worldwide, many countries observe this day on the third Sunday in June.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- The Hindu Review May 2019 (Bilingual) | Current Affairs PDF : Download Now
- Current Affairs 2019 MCQ May Month PDF : Date-wise Download Now
- May 2019 Monthly One liner Current affairs| Date-Wise : Download PDF
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here