Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 17 October 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Shirui Lily Festival inaugurated in Manipur
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Tourism and Culture Prahlad Singh Patel inaugurated Shirui Lily Festival, 2019 at Shirui Vangayan Ground of Ukhrul in Manipur.
- Cabinet ministers of the State and Lok Sabha MP Dr RK Ranjan Singh also attended the inaugural function of the Festival. Folk dances and folk songs of different ethnic groups and performance by rock bands will be the main attractions of the Festival which will showcase the rich cultural heritage of the State.
Note: About Manipur
- Capital: Imphal
- Governor: Najma Heptulla
- Chief minister: N. Biren Singh
International (Current affairs)
♦UAE announces establishment of world’s 1st AI university
- The first graduate-level and research-based Artificial Intelligence (AI) university in the world was announced established on 16th October in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- The university is named after Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
- Graduate students can now apply to MBZUAI through the university’s website with registration set to open in August 2020.
Note: About UAE
- Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Crown Prince: Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan
Banking and Financial
♦India Post launches mobile banking facility for savings accounts
- Using your post office savings account just became easier. The Department of Post, through a circular on Monday, announced that it has launched mobile banking for its savings account customers. All the post office savings account holders of the CBS (core banking solutions) post offices.
- The launch of the mobile banking facility comes almost a year after the Department of Post launched Internet banking facility for its savings account holders.
♦Mastercard joins hands with MS Dhoni to build ‘Team Cashless India’
- Mastercard, a technology company in the global payments industry, along with legendary cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni launched on 16th October a nationwide initiative to accelerate the acceptance and adoption of digital payments.
- Titled ‘Team Cashless India’, the initiative brings consumers and merchants to the forefront of the digital payments dialogue. The campaign encourages all Indians to nominate one or more merchants who currently do not accept digital payments.
♦Indian Air Force to begin joint military exercise ‘Shinyuu Maitri’ with Japanese counterpart in West Bengal
- The Indian Air Force will be carrying out a joint military exercise ‘Shinyuu Maitri’ with Japanese Air Self Defence Force (JASDF) from 17 to 23 October.
- The exercise will be held at Air Force Station, Arjan Singh in Panagarh town in West Bengal.
- Aim: Exercise will be to undertake Joint Mobility and Tactical interoperability among the two forces.
Note: About Japan
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese yen
- PM: Shinzō Abe
♦Lionel Messi Wins 3rd Straight Golden Shoe as Top Scorer in European Leagues
- Barcelona captain Leo Messi received his sixth Golden Shoe as the top scorer in the European leagues on 16th October.
- Messi won the trophy for a third straight year after scoring 36 goals, three more than his closest challenger, Kylian Mbappe of Paris Saint-Germain.
♦India women won SAFF U15 championship
- India emerged champions of the SAFF U-15 women’s championship 2019 at the Chalimithang Stadium here on Tuesday, defeating Bangladesh 5-3 on penalties after the match ended 0-0 post 90 minutes.
- It was a feisty start to the game as India looked to take the early initiative. Priyanka Sujeesh orchestrated the attacks from the middle of the park, while Amisha Baxla looked lively from the right flank.
♦17th October: International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- This year marks the 30th anniversary of the adoption of the Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) on 20 November 1989. This landmark human rights treaty sets out the civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of every child, regardless of their race, religion or abilities.
- Theme 2019: “Acting together to empower children, their families and communities to end poverty”
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here