Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 18 July 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Union HRD Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launches the UGC Scheme of ‘Paramarsh’
- The Union Minister for Human Resource Development, Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal “Nishank” launched ‘Paramarsh’ – a University Grants Commission (UGC) scheme for Mentoring National Accreditation and Assessment Council (NAAC) Accreditation Aspirant Institutions to promote Quality Assurance in Higher Education in New Delhi today.
- Speaking on the occasion, the Minister said the scheme will be a paradigm shift in the concept of mentoring of institution by another well performing institution to upgrade their academic performance and enable them to get accredited by focusing in the area of curricular aspects, teaching-learning & evaluation, research, innovation, institutional values & practices etc. The scheme is expected to have a major impact in addressing a national challenge of improving the quality of Higher Education in India.
Banking and Financial
♦Government disburses Rs 20,431 crore for BharatNet project
- The government has allocated and disbursed Rs 20,431 crore for the BharatNet project till date to connect all 2.5 lakh village panchayats with high-speed broadband network, Parliament was informed Thursday.
- “A lump sum of Rs 20,431 crore (Rs 10,286 crore for phase-I and Rs 10,145 crore for phase-II) has been allocated and disbursed from Universal Service Obligation Fund to Bharat Broadband Network Limited under BharatNet project,” Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said in a written reply to the Rajya Sabha.
- According to official estimates shared in November 2017, the total cost of both phases of BharatNet was Rs 45,000 crore.
♦ADB cuts India’s FY20 GDP growth forecast to 7% on fiscal shortfall worries
- Asian Development Bank on Thursday lowered India’s GDP growth forecast to 7 per cent for the current year on the back of fiscal shortfall concerns.
- “India is expected to grow by 7 per cent in 2019 (FY20) and 7.2 per cent in 2020 (FY21), slightly slower than projected in April because the fiscal 2018 outturn fell short,” ADB said in its supplement to the Asian Development Outlook 2019.
- For the south Asian region, ADB said the outlook remains robust, with growth projected at 6.6 per cent in 2019 and 6.7 per cent in 2020.
- Earlier in April this year too, the Manila-based multi-lateral funding agency had lowered India’s growth forecast for FY20 to 7.2 per cent from 7.6 per cent estimated previously due to moderation in global demand and likely shortfall in revenue on the domestic front.
Note- About ADB
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- President: Takehiko Nakao
- Founded: 19 December 1966
♦RBI imposes Rs 10 lakh penalty on Union Bank of India
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Monday said it has imposed a penalty of Rs 10 lakh on Union Bank of India for non-compliance with the directions on cyber security framework. The penalty was imposed on July 9, 2019, according to an RBI release.
- “This action (imposition of penalty) is based on deficiencies in regulatory compliance and is not intended to pronounce upon the validity of any transaction or agreement entered into by the bank with its customers.
Note- About Union bank of India
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- CEO: Rajkiran Rai G.
- Tagline- Good people to bank with
♦Ebix buys Yatra for Rs 2,323.6 crore; to create India’s largest travel company
- Ebix Inc, the US-based supplier of on-demand software and e-commerce services to the insurance, healthcare, financial and e-learning industries, has acquired Yatra Online Inc, for an enterprise value of $337.8 million (Rs 2,323.6 crore) in an all-stock deal. The two companies have entered into a definitive agreement under which Ebix will acquire Yatra via merger.
- The transaction will create India’s largest and most profitable travel services company. However, Yatra will continue to operate independently and also retain its brand and status in India.
♦Colgate India appoints new MD
- Colgate Palmolive has appointed its Asia Pacific division’s marketing president Ram Raghavan as India managing director. He will replace Issam Bachaalani as India head with effect from August 1.
- Raghavan has spent over 22 years across several of Colgate’s markets, mostly in marketing functions. Colgate did not specify Bachaalani’s next move, in its filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
- The maker of the eponymous toothpaste said it posted a 4% rise in new sales during April-June quarter at Rs1075.9 crore with net profit excluding exceptional items increasing 5% to Rs169.1 crore.
♦Mr. Adhay National Police Academy new director
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy (SVPNPA) has gotten a new director. Abhay, a 1986-batch IPS officer, took charge of the office on Wednesday. Later, he interacted with senior officials of the academy, faculty and staff.
Note- National Police Academy
- Founded: 15 September 1948, India
- Motto: Satya Seva Surakshnam
- Head Quarter- Hyderabad, Telangana
♦Anas and Hima run to gold;silver for Nirmal and Vismaya at Tabor Grand Prix
- It was virtually an all-India race as National record holder Muhammed Anas won the men’s 400m gold in 45.40s at the Tabor Grand Prix here on Wednesday.
- There were three Indians behind him with Nirmal Noah Tom clocking a season-best 45.59s for the silver while K.S. Jeevan and M.P. Jabir took the next two spots.
- Britain’s Grant Plenderleith was way behind, in 47.51s for the fifth place.
- Hima Das (23.25s) and V.K. Vismaya (23.43) clocked their season best as they took the top two spots in the women’s 200m.
- The field in both the races was such a weak one that it would have been a surprise if the Indians had not won.
♦18th July Mandela Day 2019
- Adopted by the United Nations in honour of Nelson Mandela, South Africa’s first democratically-elected black President, Mandela Day is celebrated every year on July 18. Also known as Nelson Mandela International Day, it is a day to remember the leader’s achievements in working towards conflict resolution, democracy, human rights, peace, and reconciliation.
- While the first Mandela Day was observed in New York on July 18, 2009, the United Nations’ resolution to declare the day happened later that year on November 10, 2009. It was on this day that the United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution declaring July 18, his birthday, as Nelson Mandela International Day.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|