Daily Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 18 June 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦World Food India meet on Nov 1-4 in New Delhi
- The World Food India event will be held during November 1-4 in the national capital as part of the government’s effort to boost investment into this growing sector, Food Processing Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal said Monday.
- This will be the second edition of World Food India, with first one held in 2017 that saw the participation of 61 countries and signing of MoUs worth $14 billion.
- The World Food India 2019 will be held from November 1-4, 2019 in New Delhi and will position India as food processing destination of the World, Badal said in an official statement.
♦Assam Transport Minister launches State Transport Corporation’s Chalo app
- Assam Transport Minister Chandra Mohan Patowary launched the State Transport Corporation’s Chalo app for Guwahati last night. The app will help commuters to know about the live arrival time of their bus so they can plan their travel accordingly.
- People can also track the live GPS position of their bus on a map. It will also ensure safe travel with features such as Emergency SOS.
- The project includes the introduction of electronic ticketing in State Transport buses with the latest generation of cutting-edge Electronic Ticket Issuing Machines which can accept all modes of payment, including cards, mobile payments, QR code payments and other forms of digital payments.
Note- About Assam
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief minister: Sarbananda Sonowal
- Language: Assamese
- Area rank: 17th
- Largest city: Guwahati
♦UNICEF, Odisha Police organise workshop on ‘Cyber Crime and Forensics’ for cops
- In a bid to curb cybercrime, a three-day long workshop on “Cyber Crime and Forensics” is being organised for state police by CID-Crime Branch of Odisha and UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund).
- The police training, which began on Monday, emphasised on cyber offences against children for the first day.
- “Violence against children is an important issue which UNICEF has been working on for quite some time now. Children remain the most vulnerable to online vicious and the threat to their safety and well being. This is worldwide spread problem,” said Monika Nielsen, UNICEF’s Odisha chief, during her address here at Police Bhawan here.
Note- About UNICEF
- Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
- Head: Henrietta H. Fore
- Founded: 11 December 1946, New York, New York, United States
Banking and Financial
♦Fitch cuts India’s GDP growth forecast to 6.6% for 2019-20 fiscal
- Fitch Monday lowered India’s growth forecast to 6.6 per cent for the current fiscal from 6.8 per cent projected earlier, as manufacturing and agriculture sectors showed signs of slowing down over the past year.
- In its latest Global Economic Outlook, the global rating agency retained its GDP growth forecast for the next fiscal (2020-21) at 7.1 per cent and 7.0 per cent for 2021-22.
- In the last fiscal, Indian economy grew at a 5-year low pace of 6.8 per cent.
- “We see growth for FY 2019-2020 printing at 6.6 per cent, before stepping up to 7.1 per cent in FY 2020-2021 and 7.0 per cent in FY 2021-2022,” Fitch said.
Note –About Fitch
- Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
- CEO: Paul Taylor
- Founder: John Knowles Fitch
♦Facebook confirms it will launch a cryptocurrency called Libra in 2020
- Facebook is finally ready to talk about its blockchain plans. Following numerous reports unraveling its upcoming announcement in detail, the company today said that its in-development global cryptocurrency, called Libra, will launch next year alongside the underlying blockchain-based network that will support it.
- The currency is designed not to be a speculative asset, like Bitcoin, but a form of digital money backed by a reserve of assets. You will one day be able to use Libra as payment for online and offline services, Facebook executives say. At the beginning, the company imagines Libra will be used mainly to transfer money between individuals in developing countries who lack access to traditional banks. Eventually, the goal is to create the first truly mainstream cryptocurrency: a decentralized global form of payment that is as stable as the dollar, can be used to buy almost anything, and can support an entire range of financial products — from banking to loans to credit.
♦Gary Woodland wins 119th US Open, his first major title
- American Gary Woodland won the 2019 United States Open Championship at Pebble Beach Golf Links in California Sunday.
- The victory secures the 35-year-old’s first major career title. Woodland finished 13-under par for the championship, and held off world No. 1 Brooks Koepka in the final round.
- The two-time defending champion Koepka finished second with a score of 10-under par.
♦World Archery Championships 2019 held in Hertogenbosch, Netherlands
- World Archery Championships, 2019 also known as Hyundai World Archery Championships were held from June 10, 2019, to June 16, 2019, in ‘S–Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands. It was comprised of Men’s Individual, Women’s Individual, Men’s team, Women’s team, and Mixed team.
|Event Name||Winners||Medal won|
|Women’s compound team||Raj Kaur, Muskan Kirar, Jyothi Surekha Vennam||Bronze|
|Women’s Compound individual event||Jyothi Surekha Vennam||Bronze|
|Recurve men’s team||Atanu Das, Pravin Ramesh Jadhav,Tarundeep Rai||Silver|
- Note – About Netherlands
- Capital: Amsterdam
- Currency: Euro
♦Egypt’s ousted president Mohammed Morsi collapses in court, dies
- Egypt’s former president, Mohammed Morsi, the Muslim Brotherhood leader who rose to office in the country’s first free elections in 2012 and was ousted a year later by the military, collapsed in court during a trial and died Monday, state TV and his family said.
- The 67-year-old Morsi had just addressed the court, speaking from the glass cage he is kept in during sessions and warning that he had “many secrets” he could reveal, a judicial official said.
Note- About Egypt
- President: Abdel Fattah el-Sisi Trending
- Capital: Cairo
- Currency: Egyptian pound
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- The Hindu Review May 2019 (Bilingual) | Current Affairs PDF : Download Now
- Current Affairs 2019 MCQ May Month PDF : Date-wise Download Now
- May 2019 Monthly One liner Current affairs| Date-Wise : Download PDF
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|