Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 18 October 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ Hailakandi becomes first Assam district to introduce online
- Hailakandi has become the first district in Assam to introduce a digital system and the state government employees will need to file their leave applications online.
- The government employees working under the district administration can proceed on leave only after getting a digital approval as henceforth no leave application on paper will be accepted.
Note: About Assam
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief minister: Sarbananda Sonowal
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
♦ NITI Aayog launches India Innovation Index 2019
- The report was released by Niti Aayog Vice Chairman Rajiv Kumar and Chief Executive Officer Amitabh Kant here.
- The ranking was done in three categories — ‘Major States’, ‘North East and Hill States’ and ‘Union Territories (UTs)/City and Small States’. Sikkim topped in the North-East category, while Delhi was at the top in the UT segment.
Terms of attracting investment
|‘North East and Hill States’
|‘Union Territories (UTs)/City and Small States’
Note: About NITI Aayog
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- Niti Aayog Vice Chairman: Rajiv Kumar
- Chief Executive Officer: Amitabh Kant
♦ Andhra Pradesh launches YSR Navodayam scheme for stressed MSMEs
- Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy on 17th October launched ‘Dr. YSR Navodayam’ scheme.
- About Scheme: Under which the State government will reimburse 50% (not exceeding ₹2 lakh per account) of the auditors’ fee for preparation of techno-economic viability reports required for One-Time Restructuring (OTR) of stressed loans of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) by banks and NBFCs as per the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) norms up to March 31, 2020.
- Government will ensure that all eligible units are covered under the OTR scheme by conducting special coordination committee and special industries promotion committee meetings every month in all the districts and provide them hand-holding to avail themselves of the benefit.
Banking and Financial
♦ SBI launches contactless mobile payment facility
- The SBI Card on 17th October launched ‘SBI Card Pay’, a payment feature based on Host Card Emulation (HCE) technology for faster, convenient and more secure card payments using mobile phones.
- Aimed: “SBI Card Pay is redefining the payments experience for our customers. Using cutting-edge technologies such as HCE. We want to provide seamless yet swift payments at a speed that matches dynamic lifestyle of today’s consumers.
Note: About SBI
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 2 June 1806, Bank of Calcutta
- 15 April 1840, Bank of Bombay
- 1 July 1843, Bank of Madras
- 27 January 1921, Imperial Bank of India
- 1 July 1955, State Bank of India
♦ RIL creates history, becomes first Indian company to hit ₹9 lakh crore m-cap mark
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) become the first Indian company to cross the ₹9 lakh crore of market capitalization.
- Shares of RIL were trading up 76% at ₹1,420.75 in a firm Mumbai market on 18th Ocotober noon, valuing the firm at ₹9,00,666 crore, anticipating a double digit growth in profitability.
- Brokerages expect RIL to post over 15% growth in profitability due to superior refining margins and corporate tax rate cut announced by the government.
♦ Worldsteel elects Sajjan Jindal as vice chairman
- Global body World Steel Association (worldsteel) on October 16 said it has elected JSW Steel Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) Sajjan Jindal as its vice chairman.
- The board also elected a 14-member Executive Committee.
- Jindal, Newport, Yong and Johannpeter were also elected as members of the committee.
- Tata Steel’s T V Narendran and NRI steel baron Lakshmi Niwas Mittal were elected as members.
♦ India, Oman begin joint training exercise ‘EX EASTERN BRIDGE-V’
- Indian Air Force (IAF) kickstarted its bilateral joint exercise with Royal Air Force Oman (RAFO), named ‘EX EASTERN BRIDGE-V’ at Air Force Base Masirah. The exercise will be held 17th October to 26th
- Aims: “The exercise will enhance inter-operability during mutual operations between the two Air Forces and will provide an opportunity to learn from each other’s best practices,” read a facebook post by the Indian Air Force.
Note: About Oman
- Capital: Muscat
- Currency: Omani rial
♦ World’s first female spacewalking team makes history
- The world’s first female spacewalking team made history high above Earth on 18th October, floating out of the International Space Station to fix a broken part of the power network.
- As NASA astronauts Christina Koch and Jessica Meir emerged one by one, it marked the first time in a half-century of spacewalking that a woman floated out without a male crewmate.
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|