Daily Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 19 June 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦IIT-Bombay tops Indian institutions in QS World University rankings
- 23 Indian varsities in top 1,000 list; OP Jindal Global University is new entrant
- IIT-Bombay has been ranked India’s best university for the second year in a row, gaining a global ranking of 152 in the QS World University Rankings for 2020. Two other Indian universities — IIT Delhi (182) and the Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru (184) — have also cracked the top 200.
- There are a total of 23 Indian institutions in the top 1,000. While most are government-funded universities, five are privately funded.
- The Manipal Academy of Higher Education, which falls within the 701-750 ranking band, is the top private university in the country. The O.P. Jindal Global University, founded in 2009, is the only new entrant in the list this year, ranking in the 751-800 band.
♦After Bangladesh, Tripura now supplies power to Nepal
- After supplying 190 MW power to Bangladesh daily, Tripura, which attained 100 percent household electrification last year, is now selling power to Nepal.
- While Tripura sells 190 MW power to Bangladesh on a daily basis after fulfilling its domestic requirements, the state is now supplying 40 MW power to Nepal since April this year, Tripura Power Minister Jishnu Devvarma said in a press conference. “Let’s see if it increases in the coming days,” he added.
- A 100 percent electrified and power surplus state, Tripura generates 115 MW power from its own power generation units including Rukhia Gas Thermal Power plants, Baramura Thermal Power plants and Gomati hydro-electric power plant. In addition, a small amount of solar power is produced in the state.
- Note- About Tripura
- Capital: Agartala
- Chief minister: Biplab Kumar Deb
- Governor: Kaptan Singh Solanki
♦Unemployed graduates in Rajasthan will get up to Rs 3,500 per month from February Chief Minister Under Yuva Sambal Yojana
- Unemployed youth having graduation or equivalent degree will be given unemployment allowance up to Rs 3,500 by the Rajasthan government, an official statement said. They will get the benefit of the Chief Minister Yuva Sambal Yojana from February this year, the statement read.
- The state government has implemented the scheme from February this year after rechristening the earlier Akshat Yojana.
- To be eligible for the scheme, applicants should be natives of Rajasthan.
- The amount will be given for two years or until they get employed.
- Note – About Rajasthan
- Chief minister: Ashok Gehlot
- Capital: Jaipur
♦‘Namaste Thailand Film Festival’ concludes its third edition in Delhi
- Namaste Thailand Film Festival 2019 concluded on Sunday in New Delhi as it returned with the third edition of the widely popular cultural exchange. This has been organised annually since 2017 to bridge the gap between Indian and Thai cultures by bringing a taste of Thai films to the Indian audience.
- Note- About Thailand
- King: Maha Vajiralongkorn
- Capital: Bangkok
- Currency: Thai baht
♦India provides USD 15 million assistance to Niger for holding AU summit
- India has extended USD 15 million grant to Niger in support of organising the African Union summit scheduled in July in Niamey.
- The grant assistance of USD 15 million was symbolically handed over to Niger’s Deputy Foreign Minister Lamido Ousseini Bala Goga Salamatou in the presence of Minister and Special Advisor to the Niger President Mohammed Saidil Moctar, by Indian Ambassador to that country Rajesh Agarwal at a ceremony held on Monday in Niamey.
- The support was in response to a specific request by the Niger government, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said in a statement.
- Niger is hosting the AU Summit for the first time. The AU Summit, from July 7-8 in Niamey, is also expected to launch the historic African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA).
♦RBI fines HDFC Bank Rs 1 crore for non-compliance of KYC norms
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has fined HDFC Bank Rs 1 crore for non-compliance with the central bank’s norms on ‘know your customer (KYC)/anti-money laundering (AML)’ and ‘reporting of frauds’.
- “This action is based on deficiencies in regulatory compliance and is not intended to pronounce upon the validity of any transaction or agreement entered into by the bank with its customers,” the RBI said in a statement on its website.
- Elaborating on the background, the RBI said it had received a reference from Customs authorities regarding submission of forged bill of entries by certain importers to the bank for remittance of foreign currency.
- Note- About HDFC
- CEO: Aditya Puri
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: August 1994, India
♦OVL, partners agree to invest $20 billion in Mozambique LNG project
- ONGC Videsh Ltd and its Indian as well as foreign partners have agreed to invest USD 20 billion in constructing a gas liquefaction and export terminal in Mozambique to monetise vast offshore natural gas reserves they had found. In separate but almost identical regulatory filings, Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC), Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL) and Oil India Ltd (OIL) said their subsidiaries along with Anadarko Petroleum of the US has taken a final investment decision (FID) for Area-1 Mozambique LNG project.
- The project will initially consist of two LNG trains with a total nameplate capacity of 12.88 million tonnes per annum. Feedgas will come from the Golfinho/Atum field in Offshore Area 1.
♦Hero MotoCorp appoints Colombian professional footballer as Brand Ambassador
- Hero MotoCorp announced the appointment of Yerry Mina, the popular Colombian professional footballer, as its new Brand Ambassador.
- The 24-year-old Mina – one of the promising young footballers – has consistently delivered a series of impressive performances for the Colombian National Football Team (during FIFA World Cup Russia 2018) and his clubs.
♦Kamal Singhani takes over as IBM India GBS head
- IBM has elevated Kamal Singhani as the managing partner for Global Business Services, IBM India.
- Singhani, who was spearheading banking and financial services segment for the technology major in India and South Asia region, has taken over from Samiron Ghoshal. Ghoshal quit IBM in April.
- At the current role, Singhani will be leading services business segment for India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. Singhani, an M Tech from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, spent nearly two decades at IBM and his previous role was Industry Leader and Senior Partner, Financial Services, IBM India and South Asia.
- Note- About IBM
- Founder: Charles Ranlett Flint
- Founded: 16 June 1911, New York, New York, United States
- Headquarters: Armonk, New York, United States
♦Former Mizoram minister Lalrinchhana dies
- Former Mizoram minister and MNF leader, Lalrinchhana, died at a hospital in Shillong on Tuesday, party sources said.
- He was 84 and is survived by wife, four sons and a daughter.
- The MNF leader was suffering from cancer and prepartions were on to bring his body to Aizawl from the Meghalaya hospital.
- Three-time minister, Lalrinchhana, had joined the erstwhile underground Mizo National Front (MNF) in 1966.
- Note- About Mizoram
- Capital: Aizawl
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
- Chief minister: Zoramthanga
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- The Hindu Review May 2019 (Bilingual) | Current Affairs PDF : Download Now
- Current Affairs 2019 MCQ May Month PDF : Date-wise Download Now
- May 2019 Monthly One liner Current affairs| Date-Wise : Download PDF
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here