Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 2nd July 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ONGC, Indian Oil join hands to reduce carbon emission, enhance oil recovery
- Energy major ONGC has teamed up with Indian Oil Corporation for enhanced oil recovery by injecting carbon dioxide captured from IOC’s Koyali refinery in Gujarat.
- The memorandum of understanding is aimed to establish a framework for mutually beneficial cooperation in carbon dioxide-based enhanced oil recovery as a mode of carbon capture utilisation and storage (CCUS).
- “The common objective is to address some of the biggest challenges of our country in particular and world at large, namely energy security and climate change,” ONGC said in a statement. “It is a landmark event in the history of Indian hydrocarbon industry, with two its largest conglomerates agreeing to jointly work on CCUS,”.
Note- About ONGC
- Headquarters: Vasant Kunj, Delhi
- CEO: Shashi Shanker
- Chairperson: Shashi Shanker
International (Current Affairs)
♦Abu Dhabi to host first ISA’s joint security exercise ISALEX19
- Representatives of 50 law enforcement agencies of the International Security Alliance are taking part in the first joint security exercise in Abu Dhabi beginning today.
- The participants include representatives from tactical teams, rapid intervention units, communications, civil defence, and explosive ordnance disposal, teams.
- The International Security Alliance, launched in 2017 in Abu Dhabi, is an international working group to confront organised, transnational and extremist crimes.
- The alliance now comprises nine countries, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Morocco, France, Italy, Spain, Senegal, Singapore, and the Slovak Republic.
Note- About United Arab Emirates
- President: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan Trending
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Currency: dirham
♦India pledges to contribute USD 5 million in 2019 to UN Palestine refugee agency
- India has pledged to contribute USD 5 million in 2019 to the UN Palestine refugee agency, even as it voiced concern over the agency’s difficult financial situation due to voluntary contributions from a limited donor base and called for ensuring sustained fiscal support for its work.
- India’s Deputy Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador K Nagaraj Naidu said the Government of India has increased its annual financial contribution fourfold to the UNRWA core budget, from USD 1.25 million in 2016 to USD 5 million in 2018.
Note- About Palestine
- Capitals: Ramallah, East Jerusalem
- Prime minister: Mohammad Shtayyeh
- President: Mahmoud Abbas
♦Karnam Sekar is new head of IOB
- Karnam Sekar has taken charge as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Chennai-based Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) with effect from July 1. He was on Special Duty and has been a whole-time director of the bank since April 2019.
- Prior to this, he was MD & CEO of Dena Bank, a position he held from September 21, 2018 till March 31, 2019. Before that, he was Deputy Managing Director and Chief Credit Officer in State Bank of India heading its Highest Credit Committee. Sekar started his banking career as a Probationary officer in SBI in December 1983.
Note- About IOB
- Headquarters: Chennai
- Founder: M. Ct. M. Chidambaram Che
- Tagline-Good people to grow with.
♦ICRA appoints Vipul Agarwal as interim COO
- Vipul Agarwal on Tuesday took over as the interim Chief Operating Officer of investment information and rating agency ICRA after the board of directors asked Naresh Takkar to proceed on leave until further notice.
- The board’s decision followed concerns raised in an anonymous representation forwarded to ICRA by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
Note- About ICRA
- Headquarters: India
- CEO: Naresh Takkar
♦MTNL chairman Purwar to assume additional charge as BSNL CMD
- The government has appointed MTNL Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) P.K. Purwar as the CMD of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) for a period of three months starting July 1, subject to the approval of the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC), for ensuring continuity at the struggling PSU.
♦N.S. Vishwanathan reappointed RBI deputy governor for one year
- Vishwanathan on Monday was reappointed as deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India.
- The Appointments Committee of Cabinet has approved the extension of Vishwanathan’s term as RBI deputy governor by one year with effect from 4 July this year, the order issued by the Personnel Ministry.
- His tenure was to end Wednesday, 3 July .Vishwanathan is in charge of regulation of banks, non-banking finance companies and cooperative banks.
- VShwanathan is known to be one of the key architects behind the revised norms, which encourage banks to take companies to the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code by freeing up locked provisions.
♦‘Article 15’ wins Audience Award at London Indian Film Festival
- Ayushmann Khurrana-starrer “Article 15” has picked up the Audience Award at the London Indian Film Festival (LIFF).
- The 10th edition of the UK and Europe’s South Asian film festival, supported by the Bagri Foundation and the British Film Institute (BFI), opened with Anubhav Sinha’s hard-hitting thriller “Article 15” on June 20.
♦Veer Chotrani wins U19 Asian squash title
- It was Veer Chotrani’s day in the Asian junior individual squash championship here on Sunday. The talented youngster annexed the u-19 boys’ title in an all-India final with higher seeded Yash Fadte settling for silver medal. Veer won 11-5, 9-11, 11-7, 9-11, 11-7.
♦2nd July World UFO Day
- As defined by the World UFO Day Organization (WUFODO), the World UFO Day is a day dedicated to the existence of Unidentified Flying Objects.
- It aims to raise awareness about the “existence of UFOs and with that intelligent beings from outer space,” encouraging people to “think about the possibility of us not being alone in the Universe”.
♦Malayalam filmmaker Babu Narayanan passes away
- Popular Malayalam filmmaker, Babu Narayanan, who was part of the famed Anil-Babu duo who had helmed several blockbusters during 1990s, died at a hospital here on Saturday.
- He was 59 and was battling cancer for some time, family sources said. After beginning his film career as an associate of legendary director Hariharan, Narayanan came out with his independent directorial debut Anagha in the year 1989.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here