Table of Contents
Daily GK Update, 2 July 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Kerala Government announced ‘Dream Kerala’ Project
- The Kerala government on Wednesday decided to roll out a ”Dream Kerala Project” to tap the potential and experience of those returning from abroad and other states after losing their jobs due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The decision in this regard was taken at a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan .
Note: About Kerala
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
♦Narasimha Rao 100th anniversary: Govt. to release commemorative stamp to honour former Prime Minister
- The Centre on 30th June announced the release of a commemorative stamp in the honour of former PM PV Narasimha Rao. The decision comes a day after the national celebrated the 100th birth anniversary of Rao.
- Rao served as the ninth Prime Minister of India from 1991 to 1996. He was born on June 28, 1921 in Warangal, now in Telangana. He is revered as the ‘Father of Indian Economic Reforms.’
♦India joins ‘Alliance for Poverty Eradication’ at UN as founding member
- India has become a founding member of an Alliance for Poverty Eradication at the UN, launched by the President of the General Assembly, aimed at focussing on efforts to boost global economy in the aftermath of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- President of the 74th Session of the UN General Assembly Tijjani Muhammad-Bande will formally launch the ‘Alliance for Poverty Eradication’ on June 30.
- India has joined the alliance as a founding member and stressed that ending poverty is not just about monetary compensation but guaranteeing access of the poor to quality education, healthcare, clean water, sanitation, decent housing and social security.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Uganda becomes first African country to submit REDD+ results, paves way for payments
- Uganda has become the first African country to submit results for Reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD+) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
- REDD+ is a mechanism developed by the parties to the UNFCCC to reduce emissions from deforestation and forest degradation.
- Results-based payments comprise the final REDD+ phase. It provides financial incentives to developing countries that prove they stopped deforestation during a certain period of time. This is done through rigorous UN-backed technical evaluations.
- Uganda claimed it reduced emissions by 8,070,694 tonnes of carbon dioxide for 2015-2017 in a document prepared by its Ministry of Water and Environment, the REDD+ Secretariat and National Forestry Authority.
Note: About Uganda
- Capital: Kampala
- Currency: Ugandan shilling
- President: Yoweri Museveni
♦Russian voters overwhelmingly back a ploy by President Vladimir Putin to rule until 2036
- President Vladimir Putin has won a resounding victory in his bid to stay in power until the middle of the next decade, as Russians voted overwhelmingly to endorse the country’s political status quo, according to preliminary results.
- Russians went to the polls 1st July to cast ballots in a nationwide referendum on constitutional amendments. The vote paves the way for Putin, who has ruled for two decades, to remain president until 2036.
Note: About Russia
- Capital: Moscow
- Currency: Russian Rouble
- Prime minister: Mikhail Mishustin
Banking and Financial
♦India’s GDP may contract by 6.4% in FY21: Care Ratings
- Care Ratings on 2nd July revised India’s GDP growth forecast for the current financial year to (-) 6.4 per cent as economic activity continues to be under restriction due to the lockdown on account of the COVID-19 pandemic. The rating agency, in May, had projected a decline in GDP growth of 1.5-1.6 per cent in FY21.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- India Ratings & Research-(-)5.3%
- World Bank: (-3.2%)
- ADB- (-)4%
- IMF- (-)4.5%
♦HDFC Bank Launches ‘e-Kisaan Dhan’ App for Farmers
- HDFC Bank launches ‘e-Kisaan Dhan’ app for farmers. HDFC Bank on 1st July announced the launch of ‘e-Kisaan Dhan’ app for farmers allover India. Through this app the farmers will be able to access a bouquet of services, both banking and agriculture, through their mobile phones.
♦Home Ministry sets up national level committee for reform in criminal law; headed by Ranbir Singh
- The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has constituted a national level committee for reform in criminal law, headed by Ranbir Singh (Vice-Chancellor, National Law University, Delhi)
- The committee, which has several leading legal academicians on board, would be gathering opinions online, consulting with experts and collating material for their report to the government.
- The consultation exercise would start on July 4 and go on for the next three months.
- The committee, in its official website, has invited experts in the field of criminal law to participate in the exercise through an online consultation mechanism. Questionnaires have been posted online on the possible reforms in the Indian Penal Code, Code of Criminal Procedure and Indian Evidence Act.
♦Indra Mani Pandey Appointed India’s Permanent Representative To UN In Geneva
- Indra Mani Pandey has been appointed as India’s next Permanent Representative to the United Nations and other international organisations in Geneva.
- Mr Pandey, a 1990-batch Indian Foreign Service officer, is currently serving as an additional secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA). Mr Pandey succeeds Rajiv K Chander in Geneva.
♦Ravinder Bhakar appointed as CEO of Central Board of Films Certification
- Mr Ravinder Bhakar assumes charge as new Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Central Board of Films Certification(CBFC). he is a Indian Railway Stores Service(IRSS) officer from 1999 batch. he has taken place of Anurag Srivastava.
Note: About Central Board of Films Certification (CBFC)
- Founded – 1951
- Sector – Film rating system
- Headquarters – Mumbai
- Chairperson – Prasoon Joshi
♦Shrikant Madhav Vaidya takes charge as IOC Chairman
- Shrikant Madhav Vaidya on 2nd July took charge as the new chairman of Indian Oil Corporation (IOC).
- Prior to his elevation, Vaidya was the Director (Refineries) on the IOC Board, since October 2019. He succeeds Sanjiv Singh, who has superannuated from the services of the Corporation on June 30.
♦Kritika Pandey wins 2020 Commonwealth Short Story Prize
- Kritika Pandey has won the 2020 Commonwealth Short Story Prize. The 29-year-old received the coveted honour for her short story, The Great Indian Tee and Snakes, which centres around an unlikely friendship struck at the background of a tea stall.
- About Award: Every year, The Commonwealth Short Story Prize is awarded for the best unpublished short fiction. It should range from 2,000-5000 words in English.
♦Pulitzer winner Siddhartha Mukherjee, Prof Raj Chetty among ‘2020 Great Immigrants’ honourees
- Two renowned Indian-Americans who have contributed towards the efforts in mitigating the COVID-19 health crisis are among the 38 immigrants honoured by a prestigious American foundation ahead of US Independence Day commemoration this year.
- Pulitzer Prize-winning author and oncologist Siddhartha Mukherjee, and Professor of Economics at Harvard University Raj Chetty have been named by the Carnegie Corporation of New York as ‘2020 Great Immigrants’ honourees.
♦MoD approves 33 new fighter jets for IAF in deals worth ₹38,900 crore
- Amid the continued tensions on the border with China, the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), chaired by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, on 2nd July accepted deals worth ₹38,900 crore. This contains procurement of 21 MiG-29 fighter jets for the Indian Air Force (IAF), improve of 59 of them and acquirement of 12 Su-30 MKI plane.
♦West Indies cricket legend Everton Weekes dies, aged 95
- West Indies legend dies aged 95. Legendary West Indies batsman Sir Everton Weekes has died at the age of 95. Weekes, who scored 4,455 runs at an average of 58.61 in 48 Tests, is the only man to make centuries in five consecutive Test innings
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here