Daily Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 20 June 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦At 9.8 GB per month, India has the highest data usage per smartphone
- India has the highest average data usage per smartphone, reaching 9.8 GB per month at the end of 2018, according to a new study by Swedish telecom equipment maker Ericsson.
- The report, released on Wednesday, also forecasts that this figure is likely to double to 18 GB per month per smartphone by 2024.
- “Increased numbers of LTE subscriptions, attractive data plans being offered by service providers, and young people’s changing video viewing habits have driven monthly usage growth,” Nitin Bansal, head of Ericsson India and head of network solutions, southeast Asia, Oceania and India, said.
♦MoU signed between DAIC and DICCI to empower SC and ST Communities through research on Dalit Entrepreneurship
- In the presence of Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot, Union Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment, a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) was signed between Dr. Ambedkar International Centre (DAIC), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and Dalit Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DICCI) here today. From DAIC, the Director, Shri Atul Dev Sarmah and from DICCI, Shri Milind Kamble, the Founder Chairman signed the MoU.
- Applauding the joint effort of DAIC and DICCI, Shri Gehlot said that the overall motives of this MoU is the empowerment of SC and ST communities through research on Dalit entrepreneurship, empowerment, skill development capacity building among SC/ST women and youth, impact of different schemes of the Government on socio-economic conditions of SC and ST and other similar subjects. He wished them grand success.
Banking and Financial
♦RBI slaps Rs 10 lakh fine on South Indian Bank for violating norms
- The RBI on Wednesday said it has imposed a fine of Rs 10 lakh on South Indian Bank for violating norms regarding bank guarantees.
- The penalty follows references from a government department and a private party alleging non-payment of invoked bank guarantees by the lender, the Reserve Bank said in a statement.
- The penalty has been imposed through an order dated June 13.
- “Examination in this regard revealed violation of RBI directions on ‘Guarantees and Co-acceptances’ and a notice was issued to the bank advising it to show cause as to why penalty should not be imposed for non-compliance with the directions,” the RBI said.
- Note- About South Indian Bank
- Headquarters: Thrissur
- CEO: V. G. Mathew
♦IDBI Bank enters Bancassurance Corporate agreement with Tata AIG
- IDBI Bank Ltd has entered into a Bancassurance Corporate Agency agreement with Tata AIG to provide latter’s suite of general insurance products, specially designed to mitigate the varied risks and offer financial protection against unforeseen eventualities to the bank’s 20 million customer base, through its 1,850 plus branches.
- The product portfolio comprises Tata AIG’s flagship Health product – ‘Medicare’, Motor Insurance, Personal Accident cover, Home content, Critical Illnesses, Group Medicare, SME Insurance, Locker Insurance, Travel Insurance, Long term Fire Insurance, Group Credit Secure Plus, besides a host of other consumer and commercial lines’ solutions to meet the diverse needs of individuals and businesses alike.
- Note- About IDBI bank
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- CEO- Rakesh sharma
- Founded: 1 July 1964
♦Apollo Munich to merge with HDFC ERGO
- HDFC buys Apollo Hospitals Group’s stake in the health insurance venture for ₹1,136 crore
- HDFC Ltd. has signed a definitive agreement with Apollo Munich Health Insurance to buy out the entire Apollo Hospitals Group’s stake of 50.8% for ₹1,136 crore and another 0.4% stake held by a few employees for ₹10.84 crore.
- Post the acquisition of shares by HDFC, Apollo Munich would be merged with the former’s general insurance subsidiary — HDFC ERGO. ERGO is a subsidiary of Munich Re, which has been a joint venture partner of HDFC ERGO since 2008.
- Munich Re will continue to hold 49% stake in HDFC ERGO post the merger.
- Note- About HDFC ERGO
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- CEO: Mr. Ritesh Kumar
♦Justice (Retd) Nandakumar Singh sworn-in as Manipur’s first Lokayukta chairman
- Justice (Retd) T Nandakumar Singh was sworn-in as the first chairman of the Manipur Lokayukta at Raj Bhawan along with Justice (Retd) Basu Deo Agarwal and Ameising Luikham, IAS (Retd) as judicial and non-judicial members, respectively.
- Manipur Governor Najma Heptulla administered the oath to the newly appointed chairperson and members at the Darbar hall of Raj Bhavan here.
- The ceremony was attended by Council of Ministers led by Th. Biswajit Singh, L. Jayantakumar Singh, Karam Shyam, Th. Shyamkumar Singh, V. Hangkhanlian, and MLA Khasim Vashum.
- Note- About Manipur
- Capital: Imphal
- Chief minister: N. Biren Singh
♦33rd Federation Cup Basketball Tournament 2019
- At the 33rd Federation Cup Basketball Championship for Men and Women held over the past week in Gautam Buddha University in Greater Noida, Punjab Police and Eastern Railway won the men’s and women’s titles respectively.
- Punjab Police won the match by winning over Indian Army with 91-71. The bulk of scoring was done by Harshpreet Singh Bhullar, Amjyot Singh and Ranbir Singh. Eastern Railway won the women’s titles by beating Tamil Nadu with 86-67 after leading 46-42 at half time. Initially in League phase Tamil Nadu had beaten Eastern Railway but final saw a thrilling performance by M.J. Libina and the India’s tallest women basketball player Poonam Chaturvedi led an easy victory over Tamil Nadu.
♦20 June World Refugee day
- Each year on June 20 the United Nations, United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) and countless civic groups around the world host World Refugee Day events in order to draw the public’s attention to the millions of refugees and Internally displaced persons worldwide who have been forced to flee their homes due to war, conflict and persecution.
- 2019 Theme: #StepWithRefugees — Take A Step on World Refugee Day
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- The Hindu Review May 2019 (Bilingual) | Current Affairs PDF : Download Now
- Current Affairs 2019 MCQ May Month PDF : Date-wise Download Now
- May 2019 Monthly One liner Current affairs| Date-Wise : Download PDF
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here