Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 20 November 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦IFFI 2019: India’s mega film festival begins in Goa
- The Golden Jubilee edition of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) began 20th November in Panaji, Goa in the presence of a galaxy of stars from the Indian and world film industry.
- Renowned French film actor Isabelle Huppert was honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award on the occasion. A postal stamp commemorating 50th edition of IFFI was released on the occasion by Mr.Prakash Javadekar.
♦Home Ministry Launches Campaign to End Violence Against Women
- The Home Ministry in collaboration with the UN Women flagged off an awareness campaign to end violence against women from Sultanpur metro station in Delhi.
- The initiative is part of the #OrangeTheWorld global campaign. As part of the campaign, people would be made aware about India’s single emergency helpline 112, an internationally recognised emergency number used in several countries.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Sri Lankan President Rajapaksa names elder brother Mahinda as PM after Wickremesinghe resigns
- Sri Lankan President Gotabhaya Rajapaksa on 20th November named his elder brother and former strongman Mahinda Rajapaksa as the new prime minister after incumbent Ranil Wickremesinghe announced his resignation.
- Mahinda was appointed the Prime Minister on October 26, 2018 by the then President Maithripala Sirisena, who sacked Wickremesinghe in a controversial move that plunged the country into an unprecedented constitutional crisis.
Note: About Sri Lanka
- Capitals: Colombo
- Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
♦Virat Kohli named PETA India’s Person of the Year
- India captain Virat Kohli was, on 20th November, named People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India’s ‘Person of the Year for 2019’ for his animal advocacy efforts.
- Past recipients of PETA India’s Person of the Year award include Congress leader Shashi Tharoor, former Supreme Court Justice KS Panicker Radhakrishnan, and actors Anushka Sharma, Hema Malini, R Madhavan, and Jacqueline Fernandez.
Note: About PETA
- Headquarters: Norfolk, Virginia, United States
- Founded: 22 March 1980
- Motto: “Animals are not ours to eat, wear, experiment on, use for entertainment, or abuse in any other way.”
- President: Ingrid Newkirk
♦British naturalist David Attenborough to get 2019 Indira Gandhi Peace Prize
- The Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for 2019 will be conferred on renowned naturalist and broadcaster Sir David Attenborough.
- His name was selected for the prize by an international jury chaired by former president Pranab Mukherjee, the Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust announced on 19th
- Reason: Awarded to Attenborough for a lifetime of doing more to reveal the wonders of the natural world to us than perhaps any other individual.
♦Bajrang Punia, Mahant Gaurav Sharma honoured in Dubai
- Star Indian wrestler Bajrang Punia has been conferred the Indian Personality of the Year Award (Sports) at the Indo Arab Leaders Summit & Awards 2019 in Dubai.
- World powerlifting champion Mahant Gaurav Sharma was honoured with Visionary Leaders of the Year (Sports) award.
♦Brazilian GP: Max Verstappen won
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull) was a deserved winner in a race that he controlled from the start, but Gasly was a star, Hamilton and Mercedes had an unusually difficult race, and yet again there will be a sharp focus on Vettel’s driving and character.
♦Stefanos Tsitsipas won ATP Final
- Stefanos Tsitsipas captured the biggest title of his career. They got to know each other a lot better on 17th November night, spending two hours and 35 minutes together in front of a capacity crowd here as the 21-year-old Greek became the youngest winner of the ATP Tour Finals since 2001.
- Stefanos Tsitsipas defeated Dominic Thiem.
♦Prithvi-2 missile successfully test fired at night
- India successfully testfired on November 20 the indigenously developed nuclear capable Prithvi-2 missile at night as part of a user trial by the Army from a test range off Odisha coast.
- The trial of the surface-to-surface missile with a strike range of 350 km was carried out from a mobile launcher from launch complex-3.
♦20th November: World Children’s Day 2019
- World Children’s Day is also known as Universal Children’s Day. This day is promoted and coordinated by UNICEF and the United Nations Children’s Fund which also works towards the improvement of children’s welfare.
- In 1954, World Children’s Day was first established as Universal Children’s Day and is decided to celebrate it on 20 November every year.
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|