Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 19 & 20 October 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India to host 91st Interpol General Assembly in 2022
- India will host the 91st Interpol General Assembly in 2022 after a proposal in this regard was cleared with “overwhelming support” from members countries of the international police cooperation body.
- The proposal was put to vote before 190 participating member countries of the Interpol and was passed with “overwhelming majority.
- India will get a chance to host the General Assembly of International Criminal Police Organisation (Interpol) after 25 years since 1997.
Note: About Interpol
- Headquarters: Lyon, France
- Formed: 1923
International (Current Affairs)
♦14 new Human Rights Council members
- The Council, which meets throughout the year at the UN Office in Geneva, is an international body, within the UN system, made up of 47 States, and is responsible for promoting and protecting human rights around the world. It has the power to launch fact-finding missions and establish commissions of inquiry into specific situations.
- Costa Rica’s late decision, on 3 October, to throw its hat in the ring, meant that three countries contested the two available Latin America and Caribbean places. However, their bid failed, and Venezuela and Brazil took the seats.
- Five nations – Indonesia, Iraq, Japan, Marshall Islands and Republic of Korea – put themselves up as candidates for the Asia-Pacific region, for which four seats were reserved: following the vote, Iraq failed to get the support it needed.
- As for Eastern Europe, three nations vied for two places. Armenia and Poland won the requisite votes, whilst Moldova did not make the cut.
- Africa had four seats up for grabs, and four candidates, who were duly elected: Libya, Mauritania, Namibia and Sudan. Western Europe was also a non-competitive election, with Germany and Netherlands taking the two seats reserved for their region.
- Armenia, Brazil, Germany, Indonesia, Japan, Libya, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Namibia, Netherlands, Poland, Republic of Korea, Sudan and Venezuela.
- All 14 members will serve three-year terms beginning on 1 January 2020.
Note: About Human Rights Council
- Headquarters location: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded: 15 March 2006
♦Justice SA Bobde to take oath as 47th Chief Justice on 18 Nov
- CJI Ranjan Gogoi, in a letter to the Central Government on October 18, 2019, recommended the appointment of Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde as the next Chief Justice of India.
- SA Bobde is likely to take the pledge as the 47th Chief Justice of India (CJI) on November 18, 2019, a day after the retirement of CJI Ranjan Gogoi on November 17, 2019.
- Justice Bobde will serve as the CJI for one year and five months till April 23, 2021.
♦Indian Banks Association elects Rajnish Kumar as chairman
- SBI’s head Rajnish Kumar has been elected as the chairman of the banking industry lobby Indian Banks Association for fiscal 2019-20.
- The body, which represents banks’ interests with the government and regulators, said it has three top bankers from various lenders as its deputy chairmen.
- An official statement said these include Union Bank of India G Rajkiran Rai, S S Mallikarjuna Rao of Punjab National Bank and Madhav Kalyan JP Morgan Chase Bank.
- IDBI Bank’s managing director and chief Rakesh Shamra will be the honorary secretary of the body.
♦Anup Kumar Singh Appointed as New NSG Chief
- Anup Kumar Singh has been appointed as director general of the National Security Guard (NSG).The appoint of Singh, a 1985-batch IPS officer, as the DG of the ‘black cats commando’ force was approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The appointment will be from the date of joining the post and up to September 30, 2020.
♦Defence of Andaman and Nicobar Islands exercise 2019 (Danx-19) 14 Oct to 18 oct 2019
- Andaman and Nicobar Command (ANC) has conducted the second edition of Defence of Andaman & Nicobar Islands 2019 (DANX-19), a large scale joint services exercise from 14 Oct to 18 Oct.
- Components of the Indian Army, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard carried out mobilisation and field manoeuvres to validate defensive plans of Headquarters ANC towards pursuance of the Command’s responsibility, namely ensuring territorial integrity of the A&N Islands.
♦Indian defence exports to grow to Rs 35,000 crore by 2024: Army Chief
- Indian defence industry is becoming export-oriented and country’s defence exports are set to grow to Rs 35,000 crore in next five years, Army Chief Gen Bipin Rawat
- “We are manufacturing weapons and equipment not just to arm our defence forces but we are now gradually becoming an export-oriented defence industry and our defence export which currently range in the region of just about Rs 11, 000 crores annually is set to grow to approximately Rs 35,000 crores by the year 2024.
♦Raunak Sadhwani becomes India’s 65th Grandmaster
- Last October, in the opening round of Chess.com Isle of Man International at Douglas, Viswanathan Anand escaped to a 74-move win over a 12-year-old Raunak Sadhwani, an International Master rated 2438.
♦PV Sindhu 13th highest paid woman sportsperson of year
- PV Sindhu is the most marketable Indian woman sportsperson and also the most marketable woman badminton player in the world, according to the Forbes list of highest paid women sportspersons for the year – a period extending from June 1, 2018 to June 1, 2019.
- Most of the names in this list are from tennis – with the top two spots being held by Serena Williams and Naomi Osaka.
- Sindhu was reported to have a total earning of 5 million USD for the year.
♦Ronaldo Singh wins gold medal at Asian Track Cycling Championships
- Indian cyclist Ronaldo Singh bagged a gold medal in the men’s junior Keirin event at the Asian Track Cycling Championships being held at Incheon in South Korea.
- Apart from Ronaldo, James Singh clinched a bronze medal in the event.
- The men’s and women’s junior sprint team won two bronze medals.
Book and Author
♦A book titled “Mind Master: Winning Lessons from a Champion’s Life” by Viswanathan Anand
- Indian Chess player, Viswanathan Anand has penned a book titled “Mind Master: Winning Lessons from a Champion’s Life”. The book, published by Hachette India, is releasing on December 11.
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here